Get to know you questionaire from Newbie

Discussion in 'Albuquerque, NM' started by debeautimous, Jan 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi Everyone!!! Since I am new I would like to get to know everyone. Would you please answer my questionaire.

1) When,where, and which Star Wars film did you see first?

my answer 8-16-77,Here in Alb, ANH

2) Who are your favorite characters and why?

I love Leia! She was a very strong personality. I loved how she was fiesty and later on she mellowed without losing strength. I was always in love with Han. He is so gorgeous and cocky! In the PT I liked Qui Gon and Anakin. Something about both of these characters is charming.

3) Are you planning on playing Star Wars Galaxies?

Both my husband and I are looking forward to this. If you dont know anything about it look it up on the net. It should be out on April15th. There are different species and professions to choose from. Very cool!!!

4)What are your favorite collectibles?

What I have left is vintage toys. My younger brother ruined my collection when I left it at my parents house to go away to college. I am trying to restore it. I just bought a 12" Leia from Kenner.

5)What is your favorite part of having Star Wars as a hobby?

I love watching the movies and reading the books. I also love surfing the net reading about other peoples experiences.

Well I could add a lot more but I will see how this goes! :D
  2. SirLancelot Jedi Master

star 4
    1. cant remember, i was too young :)

2. Wedge, hes just the best

3. im a big gammer, but i dont believe in paying 10 bucks a month to play

4. lego, lego, and more lego. im adicted to the stuff, especially scince i got my star destroyer

5. im te biggest geek a school, yet im th ony one that know it
  3. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you Sir Lancelot!! :D

I think I read somewhere that Ewan is the nephew of the man that played Wedge.
  4. SirLancelot Jedi Master

star 4
    yup, heeven helped him getthe Obi1 part
  5. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4
    You said you were a big gamer. My husband is too. I like to play Timesplitters and the legend of black Kat. He is very good at it none of his friends can beat him.
  6. ChromiumTHC Jedi Knight

star 2
    1) I was 2 when ANH came out but I'm told my parents took me to see it at some point.
    2) Chewie, because he just has so much heart and my last name is Bachner so my nickname in school was Chewbachner, it kind of grew on me.
    3) Yes definitely, Sir Lancelot be damned, it's Star Wars for Force-sakes :p
    4) I was gonna say my Slave Leia collection, but that would be too obvious. I really like all my action fleet vehicles. They give me the chance to collect all of the vehicles of star wars and still have room for, oh... a life. ;)
    5) I'd say the video games and the books. Both allow you to experience the Star Wars universe in a way that the movies cannot.
    PS. I just got Star by Star and I'm going to read it, even if Skyra tells me not too :D
  7. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    1) Saw ANH when I was 7...memorable 'cause my whole family went (my dad hates going to movies) Wasn't a true fan until ESB..I walked out of the theater is shock.

2)I like certain things about most all the characters...but the chicks especially since they can be feminine and still kick butt!
    3)Haven't heard enough about Galaxies yet to know if I will play it..currently playing the Sims (Star Wars style..last week Owen & Beru were burned to a crisp in a tragic oven fire. Ironic huh?)

4)Collecting-whatever!!! Action fleet, figures, comics...
    5)Since I have a stressful job and am a mom, Star Wars makes me feel like I'm a kid again..and I can now share it with my son.
  8. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    Chromie-

I've just started Star by Star as well. Haven't gotten too far yet...
  9. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4
    Wook - Check out Star Wars Galaxies.com. If you like the Sims you will love this.
    This is great! I already feel like I am getting to know everyone. :D
  10. SirLancelot Jedi Master

star 4
    im not into consoles, im a big PC player. games like JO, Allied Assult, Warcraft III, Half-Life ecetera.

but i have friends with XBox, GC, and PS2. and out of all those X-Box is best with PS2 a far second.
  11. SithLordAaron Jedi Knight

star 3
    I saw A New Hope when I was 5, here in ABQ. I remember seeing the preview before another movie and my little brother jumped in my dad's lap when he saw and heard Vader breathing.

My favorite characters are Vader and Boba Fett. I always liked Vader because he was the ultimate bad guy in all the universe. I'm not an evil person myself, but if I were I'd like to grow up to be just like him! Fett was another favorite because he was mysterious, at least before Clones. He inspired me for my tattoo on my arm.

Star Wars Galaxies peaks my interest, especially after my latest issue of the Insider. $50 a month is a little steep, though.

My figures and toys are my pride and joy. I have most of the recent figures and a lot of the vintage ones from my childhood. My boys and I love playing with them and having different planets in every room.

My favorite part of having SW as a hobby is being able to share it with my sons, the movies, toys and all the excitement of "a galaxy far, far away."
  12. LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4

The first time I ever saw SW was when the SE came out in 1997. My Dad took me to see ANH and ESB when they were in the theaters, then I got them all on VHS that Christmas, adn I was hooked.

For me, it's all about the females. Padmé Amidala, Aayla Secura, Zam Wesell, Mara Jade - I [face_love] them all! But generally, I'm most interested in any Jedi or bounty hunter.

No, I don't do much PC gaming. I do play a lot of SW games on my GameCube though. I'm currently playing both The Clone Wars and Bounty Hunter.

It's all about the action figures! I have almost all of the modern 3 3/4" figures, despite not having any place to display them ;). I also really love the Unleashed line.

I love the fact that, in addition to loving the movies, you can pretty much find SW in whatever other things you may like, whether it be toys, books or games. I like being able to collect and customize my action figures, immerse myself in the continuing adventures of the SW characteres through books (finished Star By Star long ago - waiting now for the Force Heretic trilogy ;)), and even getting to be some of the characters through video games.
  13. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4
    SithLordAaron - where did you get the info on 50$ a month. That is steep! I really want to play but I am not sure I could afford that much. I would rather buy collectibles.
  14. SithLordAaron Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm not sure where I heard that. I think I read it somewhere. Now don't hold me to that price. For all I know the price could have changed from when I read it last year.
  15. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4

Maybe it was 50$ initially then like 10 to 15$ a month. Motor City Online was like that.
  16. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4

5 people have filled out my questionaire. Does anyone know how many members we have? Wook was saying there is about 10.
  17. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    1. I was about 2 or so in 1978 in Hackettstown, NJ and it was ANH.

2. fav character: Vader, he was the first thing I saw and I was fascinated from that moment on. the darkness and why he fell and all that fun stuff.

3. haven't heard of Galaxies-kind of out of the loop most of the times. love to find out more though, I have been wanting to get into gaming but haven't found anyone to really show me the way yet. BTW, I am another Sims player and am just learning that.

4. I don't hava fav collectible. as Chromium could tell you I am a very picky shopper. I walk around with something I want to buy and when I am ready to leave will deciede if I really want it or not. I enjoy the larger figures-8" and up more then anything. But I love to find a deal more then anything else. Like a great 12" Darth Maul I have that I picked up at the airport the weekend after Ep 1 came out for 8 bucks on my way to England (normally 24.00).

5. best thing about having star wars as a hobby, the community. It is great being able to have something in common with so many people and be able to find people I can discuss something I love with and share with. it can be the basis for some great relationships. I actually have a really close friend who told me the first time I met her she hated star wars-I wouldn't talk to her for a good while then she asked me to come over and said she would like to watch thte films-she loves them now.

sorry for rambling so much.... :D

btw, Ewan's uncle did not help him get the role. In an interview with I think Vanity Fair Ewan stated that George called him-not realizing who his uncle was. And when he asked his uncle if he should take the role he told him not to do the films and that he would not like the experience. Ewan stated though that who was he to say no to George Lucas. End of story. just so you know. I have it at home packed up somewhere and I will try to find it if you want to see it.
  18. Lorithavon Jedi Knight

star 3

I'm pretty sure that I saw ANH first, but I was pretty young when it came out. But I do remember seeing Empire

I'm not sure I have a favorite character but, if I did it would have to be yoda. because yoda FUGGIN' Rules.

Probably, I don't really want to but like most things Star Wars I don't really have much choice.

It's all about the 3 3/4 action figures, at last count I'm over 500. The palm talkers are cool too

I'm not sure hobby is the right word, more like life style.

-lor
  19. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah I guess lifestyle may be more appropriate. LOL :D
  20. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4

I saw A New Hope when it was re-released back in like 95 or so here in Albuquerque

I love Padmé!!!!!!! She's exactly the kind of woman I would like to become when I grow up! Strong, intelligent, beautiful! Leia is a close one too they both are strong and intelligent!

Will it be out on PS2?? oh wait it's the computer game right? Sorry LOL I bet I will though :)

I love my small collection! Mostly my Padmé figures :)

I love watching the movies and I would love to make costumes, reading is a big part of my life too! Everything is just great :)
  21. Redgek Jedi Knight

star 3

-Star Wars (now called "A New Hope" [face_plain]) in Houston, Texas, 1977. I don't remember being there, though. I was three.

-Boba Fett, Vader, and Bossk. Not for any reason of substance, I just like their costumes.

-No. It would consume my existence, and I am afraid.

-When it comes to Star Wars, I pretty much stick to the 4-inch figures and accessories.

-The toys...and occasionally meeting other SW fans. :)
  22. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4
    It is good to see you posting! :D
  23. Redgek Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thanks for noticing, D. ;)
  24. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4
    Ahhh the shy mysterious jedi!! What would our Star wars universe be like without them.
    We look forward to more of your presence!!!

:D
  25. skyra Jedi Knight

star 3
    1.I first saw ANH in January 1978 in Deming, New Mexico. I was 6 months pregnant with my second child, and I have been addicted ever since.

2. My favorite characters are Obi-Wan and Luke. (Yeah, I know everyone thinks Luke is lame, but maybe that's why I like him, 'cuz no one else does.) :)

3. Not planning on playing Star Wars Galaxies. Can't afford it.

4. Favorite collectibles would be my action figures that I have collected over the last year. Plus all my books, etc.

5. Best part of my Star Wars hobby is getting a chance to meet different people from different backgrounds who love SW. 2nd best is reading the books, since I am an avid reader and really like getting lost in the whole SW universe. Gets me away from the rat race I live in.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.