main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Get together at my house June 25th

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Nyborg13, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Ok first if we would like to have a meeting before June 25th around LR,NLR area thats fine. I believe several of us are thinking of going to Memphis for the Drive-in on the June 25th. Since I live on the way to Memphis I thought we could all meet here earlier and hang out play a game or two maybe a cookout or somthing. We need to leave for Memphis around 6:00. So anyone wanting to show up between 12 and 6 to hang out then we can caravan to Memphis. Let me know what you think.

2. jeepgirls30

jeepgirls30 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    I'm in. Spouse will probably be at work, but I'll be there (I would say with bells on, but considering the crowd...) I'll be there with sabre on??? OK I'm tired and stressed and shows it does.
    Later

3. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    I'll be there if we can carpool. I usually swing in with Kynstar and Jeepgirl30. We'll get it worked out. Later!!

4. jeepgirls30

jeepgirls30 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    Do you need any help with the get together at your place?? What time of the day are you thinking?? Lunch??? Since we would need to head out around 6 to get to Tim's??? Let me know.

5. davisjaron

davisjaron Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    well i rechecked my schedual and its the 23rd and the 24th that i have to go for newspaper at school, so i am avaliable the 25th, the only thing will be if i actually CAN go, lol.

6. MisterBlunt

MisterBlunt Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    "Can" meaning what? Is there a chance you might not be able to get up that Saturday after two days of newspaper?

7. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    no, meaning there is a chance my mother may make other plans or won't allow me to go for some reason

8. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    so are we getting together at your house or what???

9. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    This is what I say to all I'll be here . HAHA No, but I figured it was on the way to Memphis and not alot of people know where tims house is so I thought we could hang out here till 6ish and then head out to Memphis. If any wants to come over that day and just hang out then go home instead of Memphis thats fine also. I just know we have been wanting a meeting and any going to Memphis that day will come right by my house ( within a mile or three ) so why not have a get together. Any time between 12noon and 6pm.

10. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey, who all is coming this weekend? Let me know so I can PM you the directions. How are we going to do the food thing? Do we want to do a potluck, sack lunch, or burgers and dogs on the grill and set up a list for everyone to bring stuff like dip & chips, sodas, buns, etc.... Also who is going on to the Memphis movie? We will be leaving for Memphis around 6pm and driving back after the show.

11. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    I believe I am going... My mothers boyfriend darrell will be bringing me, I will need directions though. We could probably pick up a 12 pack or two of cokes if needed, but there will probably need to be ice and plastic cups, or some way to get them cold.

I could bring my playstation 2 and star wars episode III game so that anyone could play it. I have beaten the game, so everything is unlocked. Story mode is only one player, but there is a cooperative mode and a versus mode so that 2 people can play, but thats as high as it gets. Also I don't have a cable plug in, only the three (red, yellow, and white) cord plug-in (forget what its called, lol)

All I have is console games, i don't think i have any good board games.

So is anyone going to bring pictures from the premiere.. I can't find the film I have my pictures on right now, but hopefully I will find them and get them developed before the 25th..

well c ya
    jaron

12. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    PM ForceConduit the instructions. I'll be tagging with him if it is still possible.

13. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I need directions to your new place, Henry

14. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    OK so official plans for tomorrow as of right now... anyone?

15. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    I believe we are gathering at Henry, the CR's home between the hours of 12 and 6 and then heading out to Memphis via carpool around 6ish to Qui Gon Tim's in Memphis. Don't know much more, except there was talk of what did we want to do about food and such but I am new so unsure as to what is going down. Figure that if I need to pick something up I can just do a run into town and grab something...So, are you coming to?
    Later[face_pig]

16. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    As far as food goes just grab somthing on the way. You can eat there or when you get here. Be sure and bring lawn chairs, bug spray even a cooler if you want Tim doesnt mind just dont make alot of noise during the movie trying to get the damn beer ot of the ice. We could leave earlier to Memphis like 4 or 5 to stop and eat we can decide it tomorrow. Bring any ideas, pics, anything to look at or talk about.

17. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    ok real quick, costumes or not?

also i just saw on their website smt memberships cost 35 bucks... what is that? do we have to pay that to go on and watch it today?

18. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    No, you don't have to pay Memphis Dues. And this event is not a members only event. Tim is planning on members only events in the future--but I am hoping that out-town-guests would still be able to come to some of those--maybe with 5 dollar donation or something if they need cash for the event.

So this is a bring-your-own-food thing at Henry's, or are we supposed to come fed and then try to find something to eat before we get to Tim's?

I am going to bring a cooler for sodas...

19. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Yeah goahead and eat lunch before you get here or bring it with you and eat here. I will have chips and things for snacks during the afternoon.

20. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    What are you planning?

21. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    I dont plan we can wing it.

22. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    Hey you guys, I'm not going to be abel to make it.

sorry, maybe next time

23. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey just wanted to thank everyone that was here yesterday. Had a blast getting to show off my sons stuff he had fun too. Wish we could have done more but Hellboy was good and we got to chat alot. Hope everyone had fun in Memphis we got home at 5:15am just couldnt stop talking to Tim and Sal. Well going over to there boards to thank them.

24. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh yeah! Had a blast!! :D The toys were the best ;) Gotta get me a nexu! [face_laugh] It was sooo nifty!

Thanks for having us over you three! The trip to Memphis was a blast! Thanks for allowing us to carpool Jacob!

Can't wait to join our Memphis buds again! That was awesome! :D

25. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Hey guys!
    Had a great time (until the drive home), looking forward to the next time. It was great to finally meet all of you. Thanks for the ride otis dodge and see you all at the movies Friday???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.