main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Get together to talk Star Wars

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ibrahim, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    Oh yummy! I can't wait! Thanks Tet!:D

2. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    I'll take one of everything!!!

3. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    OK now I'm DEFINITELY coming LOL. What a menu!

Seriously though, I will look into coming down for your January meeting once the holidays have settled down.

4. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Ok, we talked about going Bowling as a group.

I believe we wanted this to be a weekend event. Do we want to do mid-day thing, early evening or the night shift? Friday night, Saturday or Sunday? Start posting your ideas and we will get it going. Keep in mind that at some point we will have to pick a day/time that may or may not work for everyone, but we will do our best to acommodate anyone who is interested in bowling without having to pick a date in 2nd quarter 2007.

There is a Bowl America on Midlo Tpke between Chippenham and the Powhite that should be very centrally located to everyone.

Bowl America Inc
    7929 Midlothian Tpke
    Richmond, VA 23235
    (804) 320-7115

5. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Oh that is an excellent location! :D

I SUCK BIG TIME but I am so up for whenever, Y'all know that for the most part I have the most flexible schedule.

I would guess that if we were to want to get some suds then I would guess Fri night, Sat late day, night would be the best options. Just a thought.

There is also the Lasertag place further up Midlo and of course the go-kart park. :D

6. Jawanese

Jawanese Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2006
    Bowling sounds great [face_dancing]

I think a Friday night would be a great time or late afternoon on Saturday. Sundays are my rest days before I go back to work on monday:)

7. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Late afternoon on a Saturday would be good for me also, usually have soccer or some event in the morning, and going too late means we start hitting the night crowds where we have to wait for lanes. I hate to wait :)

Let's hear from more.

8. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    So, uh, would the 18th at say 4:30 work?:D

I am thinking there may be a fair amount of Fan Force people in that general area that day. ;)

9. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    It could if the GT TRU troop and the Smithsonian troop don't collide. Last I heard the Smithsonian might be Friday 11/17, and the TRU 11/18, but I do not think the Smithsonian is confirmed yet. If it is the 18th also, I think alot of people will be headed up that way.

10. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Ok, we had a successful bowling outing while many were in the area with the GT troop at Toys R Us. We will definitely have to bowl again, I had a great time.

Reminder, tonight is our monthly dinner meeting. Looking forward to seeing eveyone there.

We haven't gotten any agenda items that people want to discuss (I wil scan the board again to make sure), so I pulled a few things together:

Agenda:

1) Introductions
    2) Recognitions
    3) Food Drive Collection
    4) Holiday Party planning
    5) Group Photos
    6) Stuff faces with good Italian food

Please remember to bring canned food for our collection efforts for the local food banks! This is 100% voluntary, but we are blessed with good friends, good hobbies, and many other things in life, and we want part of our charter to be to give some of our blessings to others who are less fortunate.

See you tonight!

11. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Joe, maybe we could discuss that one group project that you suggested?

With my Mom in for a little surgery today and other things, maybe we need to get that ball rolling.

12. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Thanks to everyone who came out tonight! I'll have some minutes posted up tomorrow.

13. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Thanks to everyone who came out tonight! I'll have some minutes posted up tomorrow.

14. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    .....UMMM....

Is it tomorrow yet?

[face_devil]:D

15. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Instead of posting minutes, I will post hours instead since it is taking me so long. Holiday.. guests still here from NY.. the usual business.

16. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    I had forgotten to bring this up in the meeting, but would anyone be interested in helping a fellow Fanforce member with some landscaping? As many of you know, James is working hard to sell his other house, and curb appeal is a key selling point. I thought that a get-together to do some minor landscaping (putting down a bunch of mulch that James would supply and maybe doing a few plantings if needed) would be a good way to get us all together, get some exercise, talk about Star Wars while we work, and help out our fellow Fanforce member in his quest to get rid of his money pit! The sooner he can sell, the sooner the 501st will be welcoming James as a fully armored member.

If people are interested in helping out, we can work on setting a date.

17. shabad

shabad Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2006
    Count me in! We'll have to figure out the schedule but sooner the better!

18. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Richmond FanForce Official Monthly Meeting Minutes
    November 2006
    Tuesday, November 21st 7:00pm

Attendees: Eddie (Tetmatek), James and Roman (James3), Joe (JoeRichmondVA), Luke (shabad), Paul (NekoKaiju), Aimee (Jawanese), Tony (ImThatGuy), Bridgette (TBD), Miranda (gloominara_unruli), Kevin (Mister_Unruli)

Vincenzo's Italian Restaurant
    609 Boulevard, Colonial Heights, VA
    (804) 526-7440

Minutes:

1) Introductions

Two new members were in attendance! Miranda and Kevin came to the Toys R Us troop of Garrison Tyranus, and are now on the Fanforce boards. More information on them can be found in the posts. Welcome to the Fanforce family, we are glad to have you!

2) Recognitions

There were no official recognitions this month, however, I did recognize my pepperoni and fresh garlic pizza as being particulary delicious. I would like to do an after the fact recognition here of Tony and Aimee for the huge amount of food they donated this month!

3) Food Drive Collection

With the items brought to this meeting, we have collected over 146 lbs of food for donation! One pound of groceries feeds around one person one meal. That's almost 150 people, that the Richmond Fanforce helped feed. Thanks to Paul for the idea for this and for collecting and delivering the food and keeping stats on how much we collect and the impact we have.

4) Holiday Party planning

The Richmond Fanforce Holiday Party will be at Jim and Julie's house. It will be pot luck, with everyone choosing from a list what they will bring (except the dessert nacho thingies, which must be made by Julie). The date will be Saturday, December 9th 2006. Time will be determined soon. James will post a forum topic for ideas for food, drinks, dessert etc from which he will then build the "to bring" list. Joe sent Luke the Jeopardy Powerpoint template for population of Star Wars questions/answers and he is working on that. We will also be showing some 'rare' Star Wars shows, and possibly have a toy swap for the kids.

James and Joe are in the process of discussing the menu and other details Keep an eye out for a post on this soon!

5) Group Photos

Various photos were taken during dinner, postings to come.

6) Stuff faces with good Italian food

Yum. Good choice Eddie.

7) Open Discussion

Luke showed off his awesome mini projector with the original Ep4 Star Wars cartoons and his Obi-Wan resin lightsaber. I tried to steal it but was unsuccessful.... Tony showed off a Chewbacca mug/stein that was quite interesting. James and Joe did a toy swap with things they had found for each other.

Looking forward to our December meeting which will take place at the Holiday party!

19. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Jumping a bit.

Thanks Luke, that is awesome to offer to help on "the dump":D

I think it would be safe to say that Saturdays are pretty much out all month and I am not sure who wants to do this on a Sunday. I can go over to Home Depot and pick up the needed materials and have those ready the day or so before. I am looking to get over there soon to mow and whack weeds so that won't be an issue. I will also double check to make sure the 3 leaf evil is all gone.[face_devil]

20. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Spray that stuff and kill the roots! I have all my own shovels and such, and can bring some extras. Saturdays will be hard, but I don't have any issue with a Sunday afternoon. I can't imagine this taking too long! Can you post a pic of the work area?

Anyone else in?

21. StrangeWings

StrangeWings Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    Depending on the day I would be willing to help..plus I got the truck to haul stuff in.

22. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    Just thought I would send a shout to everyone saying thanks for making the Richmond Retail Merchants association parade today a memorable one.....Garrison Tyrannus was there in FORCE. I think that this is the first time that I have seen them there. They got a good response from the crowd and it was nice seeing all of the costumes. I will post a few pictures tommorrow.

23. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    I am wondering how I can get in touch with some of the folks from Garrison Tyrannus? I spoke to the person who is in charge of the documentary entitled The Force Among Us written, produced, and directed by Chris and Courtney Macht. I mentioned to them about the Garrison and the large amount on costumed and other fans in the Va area. They are going to be in Florida on the 16th and 16th and are possibly going to be heading this direction. I would love to be able to give them info on the groups in VA and our fanbase. They said they would give me a call when they were in the area. If anyone knows how to contact someone from Garrison Tyrannus, please let me know. my email is jsweb3@comcast.net
    I think that it would be amazing if we could get into the documentary and be seen at CIV. Thanks in advance.
    Joel

24. shabad

shabad Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2006
    I sent Allen - the Garrison PR officer your email address. He's StMike73 here.

25. stmike73

stmike73 Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2006
    Got it and replied. THANKS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.