main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Get together to talk Star Wars

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ibrahim, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    I hear ya....fortunately I already have my twins costumes taken care of, now it is just me and my wife that need them.
    As for the other everyday stuff....I completely understand. My kids are only 3 1/2 but that doesnt mean that it isnt hectic. Thanks again

2. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    Richmond FanForce October Meeting Details

Who: Richmond FanForce Members and Guests

What: Richmond FanForce Official Monthly Meeting

When: Tuesday, October 17th 7:00pm

Where: O'Neill's Penny Lane Pub - 421 E. Franklin, Richmond, VA 23219 (Telephone: 804-780-1682) http://www.pennylanepub.com/index.php

Why: We will discuss recent elections, review upcoming events and overall just have a great time over dinner. A more detailed agenda will be posted on the Richmond FanForce boards at http://boards.theforce.net/Richmond,_VA_/b10421/.

Note: The Penny Lane web site has some important tips on parking in the area. The menu is also posted there. The website states that tables of 5 or more are subject to one check, so just in case they won't bend the rules, please bring cash if possible.

We are also starting our canned food collection this month, we would like all attending members and guests to bring at least one canned food item that our group will donate to a local food bank. This is a voluntary contribution for those who wish to donate and is not required.

3. shabad

shabad Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2006
    I'm going to need a babysitter, I'll get to work on that right away.

4. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    Is anyone else thinking of bringing along their better/other half where applicable?

We love going down there but since she doesn't work downtown anymore we just don't get there as much as we like. So I asked my wife if she wanted to come along, she loves the ideas so I figured if anyone else wanted to make that option avaliable but thought they may be bored or whatever then there is at least one person going who will just sit and shake her head at us;)

Has anybody thought about if we wanted to be seated or hang out upstairs? I have only been upstairs in the evening so I really don't know jumpin the place is at dinner time. At lunch time it can get pretty full.

5. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    I have never been there, so I cannot say. It was recommended by some of the others as a good downtown place to meet.

Not sure if my wife can make this one, but I will double check to be sure and let you know.

6. shabad

Aug 18, 2006
    I would say we should get on the list for a table so we can eat and wait for it upstairs. My wife won't be coming as she'll be on business in San Francisco, that's why I need a babysitter.

7. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Ok, I called the pub today and they suggested we let them know how many we will be so they can be set up for us. I will set up reservations, but I need a better idea of how many are committing to coming. Please post your intention to come or not come here.

Joe - I am in, potentially 1 guest (new potential member)

8. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    I am at two confirmed. The little ones will have a baby sitter. Luke, you could always do a drop off here and we could all go down together. Kinda wrong side of town but the offer is there for you.

9. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Reminder! Here is the information on our October meeting:

Where: O'Neill's Penny Lane Pub - 421 E. Franklin, Richmond, VA 23219 (Telephone: 804-780-1682) http://www.pennylanepub.com/index.php

Agenda:

1) Recognition
    2) CR Election Results
    3) Recruitment
    4) Events
    5) Group Photo
    6) Other Items
    7) Next Meeting Discussion
    8) Closing

If you are planning on coming, please post here so I can RSVP by Monday, October 16th.

10. shabad

Aug 18, 2006
    I'll be there as long as my babysitter is still available. Mucho thanks for the offer James but Helenor has an early bed time compared to most American families and she will be in bed before I even get there!

11. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    No problem bud, mine go down early too for Yank standards. I am lucky that they tend to be good natured if we do let them stay up for special treats and they tend to still get up bright and early every morning. One of my neighbors was surprised when I said mine were asleep by 8pm.

WOO HOO!!!! Just a few more days!!!!

12. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Mine are in bed at 8:00pm, a little later in the summertime and weekends. Now if only I could get to bed at that time, I might actually feel rested.

13. StrangeWings

StrangeWings Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    Unless something changes I will be there.

14. ImThatGuy

ImThatGuy Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2006
    I will be there, too!

15. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Don't forget, tonight is the night!

Here is the information on our October meeting:

Please remember to bring any amount of canned goods you wish to part with for our canned food drive if you wish to participate in this optional charity event.

16. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Late notice I know, but if you can please bring cash for dinner tonight, as they usually will only do a single check for groups of 5 or more. I convinced them to break out a few of us, but it would be extremely helpful for the rest to do cash and not owe anyone money. We will work on them some more when we are there...

17. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Once again, awesome time!

Guess who even admitted that she had a good time too? [face_dancing]
    Now, when are we doing the gaming thing?

18. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Richmond FanForce Official Monthly Meeting Minutes - October 2006

Date: Tuesday, October 17th 7:00pm

Attendees: Allen (stmike73), Eddie (Tetmatek), James (James3), Joe (JoeRichmondVA), Luke (shabad), Paul (NekoKaiju), Tony (ImThatGuy), Julie (TBD), Bridgette (TBD), and Monica (TBD).

Location: Penny Lane Pub - 421 E. Franklin, Richmond, VA 23219

Minutes:

1) Recognition
    - Joe recognized Luke for becoming Chier Armorer of Garrison Tyranus
    - Joe recognized Tony for his acceptance into the 501st.
    - Tony recognized Joe for his acceptance into the 501st.
    - Joe recognized James and Julie for offering to host the Holiday Party
    - Paul was recognized for being published in an art book. http://www.amazon.com/Art-H-P-Lovecrafts-Cthulhu-Mythos/dp/1589943074

2) CR Election Results
    - With no other nominations, there was a runaway election of Joe for Chapter Rep. Yes, he is working on having the 'ugly red' changed.

3) Recruitment
    - Paul has created excellent flyers for distribution at VCU ("Drivers Wanted" in an AT-ST and other vehicles)
    - Paul will add the tear offs to the bottom of the flyers.
    - Joe has created a RichmondFanForce@aol.com email address for replies which has been added to the bottom of the flyer as tear-offs.

Distribution:
    - Paul will send the flyers to the team to print out as many copies as they want to distribute on their home color printer.
    - Paul will print out copies for people without a color printer
    - Everyone will post in their local areas to ensure a geographically varied distribution.
    - Please heed any local ordinances/laws on where flyers may be posted. For example, the city of -- Richmond forbids posting flyers on telephone poles.
    - Interested parties will be referred to the Richmond FanForce boards.

4) Events
    - Many of the members will be marching in the Midlothian Days parade this coming Saturday, Oct 21st. Please come out to support your fellow FanForce members and the other members of Garrison Tyranus.
    - We still want to have a go-kart and/or bowling get together. No firm plans made at this time.
    - We would also like to plan a videogame night. Tony has offered his plasma large screen to bring, and several members offered to bring their gaming stations, PCs, monitors, etc. We will open a forum topic on this to discuss and plan details.
    - The Richmond Fanforce Holiday Party will be at Jim and Julie's house. It will be pot luck, with everyone choosing from a list what they will bring (except the dessert nacho thingies, which must be made by Julie). The date will be Saturday, December 9th 2006. Time will be determined soon. James will post a forum topic for ideas for food, drinks, dessert etc from which he will then build the "to bring" list. Joe will send Luke the Jeopardy Powerpoint template for population of Star Wars questions/answers.

5) Group Photo
    - Coming from Tony soon.

6) Other Items
    - Dinner was good.
    - Allen's compad and painted Tie pilot Armor was delivered, they look great.
    - We will create a topic for historical meeting minutes, no postings in these please.

7) Next Meeting Discussion
    - Keeping with our varied type of food and geographic location, the next meeting will be Tuesday, November 21st at an Italian Restaurant (Vincenzos I believe) on Route 10 in Chester.
    - Eddie will be posting concrete info and directions prior to the meeting.

Thanks to all who attended!

19. Jawanese

Jawanese Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2006
    Sorry I had to miss the meeting. I heard that everyone had a good time. I was sick that day anyway so I don't think I would have had much fun the way I was feeling :(

20. ImThatGuy

ImThatGuy Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2006
    Sorry for the delay on the Photos, I should have them on here by Sunday.

I am out of town (traveling for work) and don't have the necessary plug to upload them.

Oh and BTW - Great the see you posted, Aimee![face_dancing]

21. ImThatGuy

ImThatGuy Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2006
    I have the pictures, but not sure how to post them.

Joe, i sent them to you, did you ever get them?

22. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Yeah but all I am signed up for for posting pics is my deviantart site, but it has to be my own work to be posted there. I think Luke has a photo sharing place.

23. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Send it to me, I got photobucket.

24. ImThatGuy

ImThatGuy Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2006
    Lets see if this works - This was from the FanForce meeting at Penny Lane Pub.

[image=http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r227/TMachalski/Midlothian%20Days%2006/FanForce/?action=view&current=Photo_101706_003.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1]

[image=http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r227/TMachalski/Midlothian%20Days%2006/FanForce/?action=view&current=Photo_101706_002.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch2]

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r227/TMachalski/Midlothian%20Days%2006/FanForce/?action=view&current=Photo_101706_001.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch3

If it works, sorry for the horribly blurry picture. It was taken with a camera phone without a flash.

25. ImThatGuy

ImThatGuy Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2006
    Ok...Well it's not working...if anyone knows how to post the actual picture onto a post let me know.

Ok back to work! I really need to stop slacking! i am insanely busy too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.