main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Get together to talk Star Wars

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ibrahim, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    Well the one link works and from there we can see em. That's what matters.

Anywho, in your photobucket after you upload your pics, you have three options underneath the thumbnail. When you want to post on to the Fanforce boards select the top option and then click the image button on your fanforce post page, the little add box will come up and all you need to do is paste the url you copied from your photobucket.

For GT and similar boards it is a little nicer, the easiest way is to go to the third option under your thumbnail, copy and paste in your post so it would look like

[​IMG]

Hope this helps.

2. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    That's why I just post the links :)

3. shabad

shabad Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2006
    [image=http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r227/TMachalski/Midlothian%20Days%2006/FanForce/Photo_101706_003.jpg]

[image=http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r227/TMachalski/Midlothian%20Days%2006/FanForce/Photo_101706_002.jpg]

[image=http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r227/TMachalski/Midlothian%20Days%2006/FanForce/Photo_101706_001.jpg]

4. ImThatGuy

ImThatGuy Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2006
    Thanks James! Here's another test!

[image=http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r227/TMachalski/Midlothian%20Days%2006/CIMG0119.jpg]

5. ImThatGuy

ImThatGuy Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2006
    Woohoo! Great shot, kid! That was one in a million!

We did it!

I am still a newb, but i have been upgraded a bit!

BTW - look at the awesome tie pilot! =D=

6. ImThatGuy

ImThatGuy Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2006
    Ok well, back to the subject at hand!

Have we decided on a location for the next meeting?

Do we have any choices? I really can't wait for the next meeting!

If not any area in Richmond/ Richmond area we are trying to meet near?

7. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    I thought we were heading down Tet's way to the Italian joint?

Hey Tet, how do you spell that?

8. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Yuppers, it is Italian somewhere down in Chester area. Eddie will be sending us details soon.

9. shabad

Aug 18, 2006
    Agenda?

Some thoughts -

10. Move from restaurant meetings to new locations to keep things fresh. Something that would allow more group activity?

11. Start meeting on the weekends so we all don't have to run home due to work the next morning. The bigger we get the more time we'll need to allow everyone to be involved at meetings. This would also help in our plans to GoCart, see movies and bowl.

12. Have a meeting that does not involve 501st business. I think we should concentrate on all the Star Wars things that we like and want to do that do not involve the 501st, for that we have the 501st. I'm not saying completely cut it out but we need to remember that we are FanForce and we want to attract every kind of Star Wars fan not just the fans of the Imperial dogs of the 501st :) For me at least FanForce is my chance to get together and talk Star Wars and not talk about the 501st!
  14. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Wow, that remarkably sounds like what I asked the group to consider before...

Funny how things change so quickly.

15. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Everyone feel free to post agenda items they want discussed. This is your meeting, not mine, I just write it up. We could start having everyone lead the discussion for the agenda items they submit, so we all get experience speaking to the group and having responsibility for their particular items or interest. What does everyone think of this approach?

We have grown to the point where it is getting a little crowded at a restaurant. When we started in May with 5 people meeting face to face, it worked very well. Now that we typically have around 10 people per meeting, in order to grow we will need to start looking at different types of locations. Other FanForce groups meet at local libraries or peoples houses, or other public locations. Last meeting we agreed to do another dinner near Eddie's location, then we end the year with a the Holiday party at James' house, and start fresh in 2007. This is good conversation for how we want to proceed in January, or we can decide to change the dinner plans on the 21st for a different venue/day/time/.

There have been several postings about potential weekend events that generated no interest (September 16th and 30th, October 1st and 28th, November 4th). Do we want these other plans to be official meetings or just get-togethers outside of the official meetings? Remember, as a social group, any one of us can plan a get-together and post it here, weekend or during the week, and see who is interested. I know if I can make it, I will be there as I like hanging out with y'all.

This is exactly what we discussed last meeting, making sure we did not focus exclusively on 501st events but make sure we remember that this is a social Star Wars club for all interests. That said with 77% of the active FanForce members current or soon to be 501st members, the discussion can easily gravivate to that side of the house, although individual discussions are very varied. I think this can further be moved along by the agenda submission idea.

Action items for the group!
    • Please comment on the idea of the team submitting agenda items that they would like to see on next meeting's agenda and being the one to speak to them

• Please submit their ideas/thoughts on where and when you think we should meet going forward.

• Please submit their ideas/thoughts on meetings vs. events.

16. shabad

Aug 18, 2006
    Funny how many meetings you've attended - zero, yet you still feel the need to be a counter productive presence here. 5 meetings in 5 months for the new Richmond FanForce group compared to no meetings in 4 years for the Commonwealth Cantina is a quick change.

17. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Perhaps with a weekend meeting I will be able to attend--at least attend weekend events.

18. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    I like the current meeting setup, I like a revised meeting setup, Luke has made some valid points. If it keeps growing which we all hope it does then we are going to have to look at going to dinner at places that can handle our group with out issues. I admit that the current meeting is my "guys night out" thing. It is my "poker night" otherwise I have a constant schedule of scouts, church groups, sports, dance, and other assorted stuff. I have had a great time with every outing but also admit that we have had a few strange issues with resturants. Hey, My place up here on Robius will always be able to handle us ;)

In respect to Luke, I can see where he is coming from on the 501st thing. Like you said Joe, Damn near all of us our full members (you) or hopeful wanna-be's (me). We all post on the board over there too and while I understand the recognition part, we can keep it lite.

We DO NEED to get some activities going on the weekends. I will be happy to do something at the house. Doing the gocart thing and maybe something goofy like putt-putt would be cool. I would think that stuff like this would be need to be done soon as I sure don't want to do it in January :D

Mild rambles since I needed to get caught up.

.......Oh, by the way, we had a kick butt weekend event a few months ago amaunet, I don't recall seeing you there. [face_whistling]

Please! EVERYONE feel free to show up to all events. We all understand that we can't always make it but we try.

19. shabad

Aug 18, 2006
    Thanks Joe that seems like a level headed approach. I personally think we can keep the plans for meeting down near Eddies and since at that point we'll have made the complete circuit of Richmond giving everyone the chance to have a local meeting point. In December we will have the Christmas party on a Saturday to finish the year strong and at that point we can figure out how to move forward.

I found that at the last couple meetings we are getting so big that it's hard to even see each other at a long narrow table and found it was hard to have a conversation (or hear the agenda) from the end of the table. We should consider how to seat ourselves so everyone can be seen and heard. A large round table would be perfect! I think ifwe made that a priority in selecting establishments we would have a better meeting with a large group. I can think of a few restaurants that have a large round table in a corner designed to seat 10 or more.

Don't forget to bring canned goods and show and tell!

20. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Perhaps one idea we can try is a "virtual" meeting through a chat room or conference call scenario. We could then go over official business in that forum, and leave our physical times together for socializing and having fun. It would be relatively short, and could be during the week in the evening so everyone could attend while in their slippers. Just throwing out some ideas.

21. ImThatGuy

ImThatGuy Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2006
    Ok I am getting tired of seeing "Location to be Detirmined", someone please get Tet on here to post Location and Directions! So I (and others) can make plans to get there!
    Ok thanks!

22. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Yeah, 18 days barely gives us enough time to google map it!

23. ImThatGuy

ImThatGuy Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2006
    For real! I'm running on dial-up here!

OK, I'm realy not, but still, I just want to know where our next meeting is going to be.

24. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    This way I can attend as well! :)

25. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Ok, then scratch that idea...

Haha, Im just JOKING! [face_laugh]

We would LOVE to have you in our meetings. We always have a place for you if you ever want to come visit in person also. [face_dancing]

26. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I actually will come to one of your meetings at some point :) I have a friend who lives in Prince George who I will be visiting again sometime within the next few months.

27. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    The Emperor is coming here?? And she is most displeased with my apparent lack of progress???

Most excellent, that is just a hop, skip and a jump away! We will certainly look forward to it. Perhaps we need a special "Welcome, Northeast RSA" event!

28. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    We shall double our efforts!

That reminds me....

29. Tetmatek

Tetmatek Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2005
    Sorry for the delay in getting the info but better late...

Vincenzo's Italian Restaurant
    609 Boulevard, Colonial Heights, Va. 23834

The folks that own the place are great! They will be glad to have our group and can accomidate a great number.

I'll try to post the menu:

Appetizers

Toosled Ravioli wi Cheese or Meat

Buffalo Wings
    Mozzarella Frila

Bacon Cheese Fries

Fries (Italian Herb, Cajun French)

Salads

Caesar, Greek, Chef, Antipasta and Grilled Chicken

New York Style Pina

Pjzza Toppings

Pepperoni, Sausage, Mushroom, Onion,