main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Getting an X-Box...which game should I buy?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by MidnightRain, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IG-88

IG-88 Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 1999
    Along with KOTOR, Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay is equally as good.

2. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    Thanks for all the great suggestions, guys! I still haven't decided which game I'll go for, though KOTOR is a forerunner. I think I may just hold out for the X-Box 360, since I probably won't be in the market for an X-Box for a few months. In the meantime, I have my GameCube to keep me company. :(

3. Tyson

Tyson Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2005
    When and if you do get the xbox 360/next/xennon don't let KOTOR slip by. Pick it up you'll love it. KOTOR 2 is also a superb game.

4. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    See if you can find the Xbox version of Jedi Outcast, sweetie. I'm going into withdrawal here. :p

5. alne6gri0wa

alne6gri0wa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    for XBox morrowind,

are they still planning backwards compatability for XBox 360?

JAy

6. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    See if you can find the Xbox version of Jedi Outcast, sweetie. I'm going into withdrawal here.

Will do, hon. In the mood to shoot some stormtroopers?

7. Darth_Monkey32

Darth_Monkey32 Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2005
    KOTOR 1 if u r into blowing things up try
    halo or halo2 or soul calaba 2 if u r in 2 fighting LOL and action Jedi knight Jedi acadamy

8. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "KOTOR 1 if u r into blowing things up try"

I think you're an idiot.

"halo or halo2 or soul calaba 2 if u r in 2 fighting LOL and action Jedi knight Jedi acadamy"

Yup. You're an idiot.

9. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    I think he meant to say was...

KOTOR 1. If you are into blowing things up try halo or halo2. If you are in to fighting try Soul Calibur 2. LOL and action Jedi knight Jedi acadamy.

As for games, I would definately reccomend KOTOR 1 and 2. I was neveer into role-playing games but I played that at my freinds house and it converted me. I would also reccommend the Jedi Outcast and Jedi Acadmey. Mafia was a great game also, it's in the same vein as GTA only Mafia is more linear. As for FPS, I would reccommend Red Faction 2, Star Wars: Battlefront and Republic Commando. I wasn't a big fan of Halo 2, so unless you get XBOX live, I personally wouldn't reccommand it. The 1st player campaign is nothing great.

10. Tyson

Tyson Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2005
    One missing period got the poor guy bashed.

11. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Uncle_Owen_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    One missing period got the poor guy bashed.

At least he didn't end up pregnant.

12. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    I love Battlefront, but I've only played it a few times on someone else's Xbox (I don't own one.)

13. Project_Starscream

Project_Starscream Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 7, 2001
    For a SW game, I would suggest Knights of the Old Republic but for non-SW I suggest you get all the games made by Rare. You should give Grabbed by the Ghoulies a chance (it's really not as as bad as the critics claim) & you should definitely get Conker: Live & Reloaded when it is released next month (it's a remake of the N64 classic with tons of new Live content). If you wait until the Xbox 360 instead, then get those games along with Perfect Dark Zero & Kameo: Elements of Power.

14. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    The Burnout series of car racing games is excellent.

Madden for football.

DOA for fighting

Brothers in Arms for WW II combat.

15. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    How did I forget to mention Brothers in Arms. That was definately the best WW2 shooter I have played, however Iwouldn't reccommend it if you don't like hearing the F word dropped. That game isn't afraid to use it when it needs to add realism. I don't think tey use it that much, but it is in there.

16. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    The Xbox 360 will be backwards compatible if you have the add-on harddrive. So, yes, from a certain point of view.

I don't think that backwards compatibility is confirmed yet by Microsoft, but it is likely. I understand than a 20 GB hard drive might be standard now which lends this greater credibility.

17. MasterJedi101

MasterJedi101 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2004
    BE KOOL my friend be kool, just stick with the majority people say. GET kotor 1, then get kotor 2,
    then get revenge of the sith(videogame), then last but not least you will come to really love lightsaber fights with jedi academy also revenge of the sith's fighting too.

P.s.

your skills are complete

18. joehahn000

joehahn000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    El Halo

and

El KOTOR 1 & 2

/,,/
    Rock on!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.