main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Getting Back Into It...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by VoijaRisa, Apr 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I don't know how many people have noticed me around here recently so I'll introduce myself real quick. I'm Jon and living in Missouri. I stopped really playing SW:CCG around 2 years ago when the Pokemon card game took over the store where I played and scared off all our players. I still bought but never really saw the kinds of decks that were out there after Tatooine.

Recently, I've found some other players online and came across this forum which has really gotten me back into the game. But right now, I don't know what's been being played regularly. I've done some checking on other boards and am curious to hear more about people's "Senate Decks" and to know if anyone has created a good "Jedi Council" theme deck. I've looked at some decks people have posted on other boards but I really haven't ever seen any of these new ones in action. So if everyone would be so kind as to give me a basic run down on how these decks work, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks all.

2. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Senate usually runs using two Objectives from the Coruscant expansion. There are new effects, called political effects, that let you screw with the opponent's battle detiny and raise yours, as well as other sneaky stuff. It is not typically a battle-heavy deck, since it can manipulate and win through the senators. I've not played them ever, so maybe someone with more experience can shed more light on them.

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Senate has so many different varieties that it's hard to come up with a fixed way to win with them.

One version that I've used is Senate TIEs. It uses all of the Senators and the cancelling/adding to drains political effects, and the rest of the deck is devoted to TIE Interceptors, weapons for them, and Dreadnaughts.

4. Wedge231

Wedge231 Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2002
    There are several ways of playing Senate.

For darkside, they will often start Maul's Landing Site as the objective allows you to start an episode one location in addition to the Senate. This allows the darkside to potentially deploy a Maul for free on the first turn. The effect The Phantom Menace can then pull the Nemoidian Senator, Lott Dod, who pulls cards from force pile.

Other versions I've seen have started the Naboo system (the Gemme/Desai Origins, DPC Chicago winner) or the Naboo: Theed Palace Generator Core (Brian Fred style).

For lightside, most versions run an EPP hit-and-run style deck. They usually start the Jedi Council Chamber. They also utilize Queen Amidala, Ruler of the Naboo to cancel multiple drains each turn. She is not a 'senator' so does not count against the one senator per political effect rule.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I made a deck I dubbed "P.O.D." (Politicians Of Doom), which was a combination of the LS senate objective and the Rebel fleet.

Haven't played it that much, but it seemed to work pretty good the times I have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.