main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Getting back into the community

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by SeparatistSympathizer, May 14, 2014.

1. SeparatistSympathizer

SeparatistSympathizer Jedi Knight

May 14, 2014
    Hello all!

I'd been introduced, long ago and far away, to the internet through the medium of a Star Wars fan forum, for better or for worse. No other community I'd ever been a part of has really come as close to filling the gap that leaving that old site had, so I've decided to come back into the fandom, and it seems like a choice time, what with the new films coming up...

But, as my name betrays, I grew up with the prequels (as well as the pre-digital originals on VHS) and have always held a particular fascination with Episodes I-III, despite their faults. Naturally, being the Rim-World patriot I am, the first action figure I bought at the tender age of five was a B1 battledroid. But, as I'm sure I'll get to discussing such things in greater length later, I won't take up any more of the post here.

I am an otherwise average member of society. I pump gas for cash at, what I am convinced of at least, is one of the last full-service gas stations in this half of the United States, and attend university for geo-science studies. I do hope I can find some like-minded colleagues to enjoy the company of.

I do look forward to my stay!
    -SeparatistSympathizer

2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome back, we are glad to have you. You are among some of the most diehard and amicable Star War fans around. enjoy the forums and let us know if you need anything.

3. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Hello SS! :)

A choice time indeed. :D The new films will be discussed to no end. Welcome back to the fandom!

As for the prequels, these forums provide an impressive amount of analysis. You'll have a blast.

Wow... full-service gas stations still exist? :eek:

Enjoy your stay!

4. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Welcome! Definitely a great time to be a Star Wars fan, and no better place to interact with other fans than right here. :D

I, too, remember my TPM pre-digital VHS. Watched it so many many times (I was only 12 at the time after all) it got warped and borderline unwatchable.

5. SeparatistSympathizer

May 14, 2014
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I've already glanced over several of the sections and it certainly looks like I'll have a blast in discussion.

Believe it or not, epithree, they do, though for how much longer isn't exactly clear. Half the reason my station still exists is simply because it outstrips the big pilot stations in profits because of the lack of overhead, but with people spending less and less on gas, looks like we're on our way out.

DarthWilliams, my TPM VHS got used up like that. I guess the OT was just made of stronger stuff when I was young, haha!

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
  7. SeparatistSympathizer

May 14, 2014
    Many thanks NYCitygurl! I admit, there is some fan fiction I am in the progress of writing, but it might be some time before it sees the light of day here. I've been watching the movie forums rather eagerly, and might have to begin a conversation or two of my own.