main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Getting Older

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Maru-Ba, Nov 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maru-Ba

Maru-Ba Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    This is set before the fic "The Other" which i encourage you to read, and is really short about a overdue revelation by Mary's master.

The sound of clashing lightsabers filled the training room. Other apprentice and masters turned to gawk at Qui-Gon Jinn spar with his 15-year-old padawan, Mary Rodel. Many in the temple agreed that she was almost as good with a lightsaber as her master was, she had been trained by one of the best. The hissing faded as Mary and Qui-Gon bent over, breathless from a strenuous sparring session.

Qui-Gon turned and put his arm around his apprentice; ?You are learning much my young padawan.? Mary, still trying to catch her breath heaved her response, ?Thanks Master. I can feel the Force flowing when I fight.?

?Then you really are learning plenty, you are farther ahead then I was when I was your age?Mary, do you remember that we are going to a diplomatic dinner as the Chancellor?s Jedi Ambassadors tonight?? Qui asked as he and Mary walked towards the door.

?Yes, I do remember.? She glanced at her chrono. ?If we?re not going to be late we need to get back to our quarters and freshen up, or else it won?t be the smell of the food people will be commenting on.? Mary laughed.
    ---

Master and apprentice entered their quarters and parted directions to get to their individual rooms when Qui-Gon remembered something important. ?Mary, don?t forget that we are not to wear Jedi garb for this dinner. Find a dress or something, but don?t look too?weird.? He said with a smirk. ?Don?t worry, I have something nice, but not too weird.?

Mary entered her room and pulled a dress from her closet, it was a new dress she had made with the assistance of her friend Megha. It looked beautiful, but being a Jedi she had little occasion for a nice dress, she hoped her master would like it. She pulled out a drawer from her nightstand and removed a small box that she opened cautiously, Mary smiled at the contents, and it was a small jeweled barrette from her mission to Aldaraan.

After finding the barrette she went into the fresher and cleansed herself of the sweat and grime from sparring. After bathing Mary dried her hair and slipped into the dress, she also brushed out her brunette shoulder length hair. She looked in the mirror and frowned, what was she to do with her padawan braid? After careful thought she found a brown hairpin in a drawer and fastened the braid of the left side of her head under her hair so it was unnoticeable. Smiling Mary picked up the jeweled barrette and slid in into place in the left side of her head so it accented the dress well.

Glancing at her chrono she looked herself in the mirror again, something was missing from her ensemble, she rummaged through her closet and found what she needed. After considering Qui-Gon?s possible reaction to her dress she opted for a shawl that matched the barrette, also from the Aldaraan mission. Maybe she was being to cautious to what her Master may think, she and Megha had made a sleeveless dress, so sleeves no nothing. She personally loved it; she had in fact designed the pattern herself. The way the dress went around her chest, she way it cut across her knees was all her idea. But Qui-Gon was very conservative in how his apprentice looked and acted, she hoped he wouldn?t mind, so that?s where the shawl came in, it would cover she shoulders some and make her look somewhat more respectable. Mary thought she looked much older then 15, maybe even 17.

?Mary!? Qui-Gon bellowed from outside her room. ?Coming!? Mary replied. She opened the door and there stood Qui-Gon in a very handsome tuxedo. Mary covered her mouth trying not to laugh, between gasps she managed to say, ?You dug THAT thing out?? He looked mockingly hurt and straightened out his coat, ?Yes, I happen to like this. But may I ask WHAT are YOU wearing??

?Have you not been out in that long master? It?s a dress, I made it with help from Megha.? Mary replied standing her ground. ?But, but? You look so old.? Qui whimpered.

?M

2. Maru-Ba

Oct 25, 2000
  3. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Interesting. I loved the two's critiques of each others' clothing! Very funny.

Keep posting. Looking forward to more.

4. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL! Qui-Gon in a monkey suit?Priceless!

5. Maru-Ba

Oct 25, 2000
    Ok, i think i found a place for the pic of this, try to fallow the link to hopefully see the picture i drew, i never finished it but you get the idea.
    MB

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1330994&a=9899646&p=33001344

6. Maru-Ba

Oct 25, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.