main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Getting Over It-- Completed 4/5!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by val solo, Dec 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratherkissawookie

ratherkissawookie Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Only one more post? Where will we have our pillow fights?

*whacks val out of frustration*

2. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Watch it, wookie boy! You won't like me when I'm angry.

LOL!!!

I couldn't be angry right now for anything... I have finished this story!
    :D :D :D :D

Finally --after how many months and how many insane conversations on this thread?-- Getting Over It is complete!

Woo-hoo! I never in my wildest dreams ever thought that this story thread would last this long and have so many great readers tagging along for the ride. You guys are so awesome!

I must also say that this thread has allowed me to make some wonderful new friends, so it will always hold a special place in my heart. Now, the question is, where will we all go to hang out? Maybe we need to make a new thread somewhere... I don't know... but I don't want to say goodbye! :(

I say, we flood Eld's thread for a bit... he needs to be kept on his toes, and it's almost too much for me to handle on my own. [face_shocked]

Almost... ;)

Anyhoo, without further ado, I give you the end of our Kyp/Jaina romance-adventure...

3. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    *** :D CAKE :D ***
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaina lay in her bed staring wide-eyed at the ceiling. Sleep just wasn?t happening. Morning would come all too soon, and she knew she would be a zombie if she didn?t get some rest. But she just couldn?t. The excitement of her new assignment with Aunt Mara and the disappointment of leaving her family again so soon were only part of the reason she was still bright eyed and bushy tailed. No, the main thief of her slumber was a certain Jedi Master, and the realization that Kyp was going to leave without knowing how she really felt had her head spinning, and it wasn?t about to slow down.

She sighed heavily and rolled onto her side. That didn?t work, so she flipped to the other side. She tried fluffing up the pillows, counting gundarks, even imagining that she was listening to Threepio drone on and on about all of the languages he was fluent in, but still no sleep.

Her mind focused on her decision not to run after Kyp like some silly little girl. Besides, her pride wouldn?t let her despite the reassuring conversation she?d had with Leia earlier that night. No, Jaina had chosen to wait for him to make the move. Isn?t that how it was supposed to be done? The man making the first move?

Forcing her eyes closed, she let her mind drift where it wanted. In a few seconds, the corner of her mouth curved into a lop-sided smile as Kyp came sharply into view. He was bursting through the door of the warehouse, that black cape billowing behind him, his dark hair all tousled and a wild look of danger in his eyes. Her mind instantly recalled memory after memory of Kyp? Kyp with no shirt on? Kyp straddled on top of her after their first duel, his body, even then, betraying his feelings for her? Kyp pressed against her on the side of the cliff? Kyp was simply everywhere!

Jaina kicked the covers off with an unladylike grunt. It was getting a bit stuffy in her room, she noticed.

She spent a few more minutes trying to shove those beloved memories out of her mind, but finally admitted defeat. Lying down in bed was not a safe place to be when thinking of Kyp Durron. So Jaina jumped up and went to the refresher. After getting a cold drink of water, she walked to her small flight bag and double-checked her luggage. All there, she noted as she plopped down in a nearby chair.

Glancing around her small cabin, her eyes came to rest on the edge of the bed where only days before she and Kyp had shared a passionate kiss only to be interrupted by her brothers. She laughed out loud, but only to keep from crying. How had things gotten so out of hand? He had gotten under her skin, that?s what had happened, and she couldn?t get him out of her system. Getting to know the real, vulnerable Kyp Durron had been her undoing. Holding him while he had the nightmare about his parents, seeing the look on his face when he saw her dressed up, dancing with him at her birthday dinner? knowing that he was willing to keep their relationship a secret until she could tell her family? all in all Kyp Durron was quite a man.

Yes? quite a man, Jaina thought as she leaned back in the chair, her eyes closed in thoughtful contemplation. Not many people would have put up with her inconsiderate request. And not many people could see through his obnoxious exterior. They were made for each other.

Suddenly, she jumped up from her seat, now perfectly clear on what to do next. Grabbing the flight suit she had laid out for the morning, she slipped it on and headed out the door.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~
    Kyp zipped his pants just as his door buzzer sounded. As soon as he pushed the open button, a small, yet strong hand pushed against his chest forcing him back into the room.

?Jaina?? he asked shaking his head in confusion. ?I think I?m having déjà vu. Haven?t we done this whole scene before, say about three months ago?? he motioned with his hands.

Without even looking back, she slapped the close button and continued moving toward Kyp her hand still f

4. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    Yay! I get the first reply! Great ending Val and thanks for the ride. It was a lot of fun getting here. :)

EDIT: And I hereby invite all of you over to Lifeline and have some fun. Okay, okay, it's Jaina/Jag, sorry 'bout that. But it's guaranteed fun! Right? :)

5. Face Loran

Face Loran Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
  6. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    here's to vivid imaginations!!!!!!! great story Val. :) 7

7. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Val, I'm so sorry to see this story ending, however, I guess this means you'll have time to get back to your Obi-Wan story!!! *hint hint*

:D

8. JaegerGhent

JaegerGhent Jedi Master star 5

Jan 5, 2002
    It's done! :_| :_| I loved this story! :( Great last post, Val! :_| [face_love]

Sequel, perhaps? ;)

9. ChaseherChiss

ChaseherChiss Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2002
    Val this was a wonderfully written story and a very cleaverly played out ending I must say!! Your an awesome writer and I do look forward to reading anything you may write in the future!

Your SPIFFY!!!

10. vogt0047

vogt0047 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2001
    Imgination working!....... [face_love]

Great fic Val! :D

And to all those wonderful people whom I've met in this thread, I'll see you in her new one. ;)

11. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Oh, that was a perfect ending, Val! Excellent story! Thank you for sharing it with us!

12. ratherkissawookie

Feb 17, 2002
    A rique ending, but a good story.

Hey val, since the story's done, I can now be bad without fear of you not posting!

*laughs maniacally while whacking val*

13. ratherkissawookie

Feb 17, 2002
    So let me get this straight val -- if you were alive when Star Wars came out, then you were alive when John Lennon got shot. Imagine that . . .

14. roguemage

roguemage Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2000
    Wookie: Lots of people were alive then. [face_plain]

Great ending Val(erie). ;)

15. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    I too do hearby offer the services of my thread as well for the hillarty, or should I say insanity to continue.

((The link can conveniently be found in my signature.))

16. Risste

Risste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2001
    I've said it before, etc.

Great story Val.

17. Avalon69

Avalon69 Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2001
    Disregard this ;)

18. JediASolo

JediASolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    OMG! GREAT! It made me laugh [face_laugh] It made me cry :_| It made me....uhm....IT WAS GREAT!
    I was listening to my Moulin Rouge soundtrack and while Jaina was seducing Kyp, Diamond Dogs came on...I found that so funny...

It's a little bit funny.
    This feeling inside.
    *ducks as people try to kill her*

WAIT! To get this straight! I AM JEDIASOLO! hold on

AVALON'S GONNA KILL ME!!!!! [face_scared]

19. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Oh gosh that was great........ But its over (sob)! I love the "cake" ;) my amaginations working.......

20. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DON'T WANT IT TO BE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS THREAD IS THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME ON THE BOARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I MADE SO MANY FRIENDS, HAD GREAT PILLOW FIGHTS, MADE FUN OF PEOPLE, TALKED ABOUT KIMONOS, CAKE AND PINK TUTUS, WAS GENERALLY INSANE, AND HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can honestly say this is one of the best fics I've ever read!!!!!!!!!! It was wonderful, val!!!!!!!! I'll miss it sooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess from now on I'll have to go to Eld's fic as soon as I get on the boards instead of this one. As long as everyone's there, I don't care that it's Jaina and Jag!!!!!! Everybody be there!!!!!!!!!!!

21. JediASolo

JediASolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    Wait! Val said 'big party' after the fic was over! So.....

BIG PARTY!!!!!!WOOOOHOOOOOOO! Everybody Can-Can! UH....well...So, are we gonna have a party, val!?

22. Kyp_the_Parakeet

Kyp_the_Parakeet Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2002
    I LOVE that, man! val, you are the best :D :D :D :D :D [face_mischief] [face_mischief]

23. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    She sure is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Great post, great story - great fic!!!

GJ with this fic, Val, and GL with future ones!

25. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Great ending, Val! I'm sorry to see it come to an end, but so must all good things. And let me tell you, I have one heck of an imagination about what happened after "THE END" :D :p

Hehe, and I agree with the others, a sequel would be awesome! :) Hint hint! ;)

Jae Angel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.