main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Getting Over It-- Completed 4/5!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by val solo, Dec 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Risste

Risste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Extremely well written, I love the characterization of Han. Mehr, Bitte!

2. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    LOL! I am loving this story, val! :D I love your characterizations of everybody, esp. the interactions you have between Jaina and Kyp! I can't believe I'm saying this -- but I'm actually starting to like him as a character!! :eek: Looking forward to more! :D

3. sith_lady17

sith_lady17 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2001
    I just love this story!!! You're doing a wonderful job, Val! :D

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Lol, the proverbial father type strikes back!

5. Amithyst_Blade

Amithyst_Blade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    AHHHHHH!!!!! It's sooo gooodddd! I'm hanging. Waz gonna happens next????? POSTIE!

^
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

UP

Please....

6. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    I'm actually starting to like Kyp also, I used to think he was a complete jerk. But you have changed around my opinion of him. I cannot wait for the next post. I saw this over at ff.n, though I perfer reading it here

Am [face_love]

7. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    I don't know what possessed me to click on this fic, considering I didn't even know who Kyp and Jaina are, but I'm so glad I did. This is excellently written and I'm so intrigued by the characters. I hope you can post more soon!

8. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Wow, Val, this is a great story! Then again, your stories always are great, so I'm not surprised to find this one is, too. :D

Can't wait to read more! :)

9. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    "I know you will, kid," he replied with another swat, "because if anything at all happens to cause her any kind of pain whatsoever, I'm going to personally deliver you to the Vong an a silver platter."

Hehe! :D

I loved that line. Jaina's certainly capable of taking care of herself, but it's good to see Han so protective of her -- especially at Kyp's expense!

10. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Thanks again! I'll try to get another part up soon. The fun is just beginning. :)

11. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Here ya go!

Chapter 4: The Deal
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Are you EVER going to talk to me?" Kyp demanded.

It had been over twenty-four hours since they had left the Errant Venture on their first mission together, and in that time he could count on his fingers the number of words Jaina Solo had spoken to him. Oh, he had tried to engage her in conversation, gradually, knowing she was still a little sore about the Vong worldship incident. But now? she was just being ridiculous.

He shook his head and snorted, then glanced over at her in the copilot's seat. She wouldn't even look at him. "Man, are you stubborn!! Do you get that from the Solo's or the Skywalker's?" he said, disgusted with the 'cold shoulder' treatment.

"Leave my family out of this," she said calmly and slowly.

"Oh, finally she doth speak!" he exclaimed sarcastically, throwing a hand over his heart in feigned surprise.

Jaina snarled at him, upset with herself for speaking to him when she had vowed not to unless absolutely necessary for the sake of the mission. It was a matter of pride.

"Oh, shut up!" she snapped back. The smug grin on Kyp's face was fueling Jaina's anger, so she jumped up and stormed out of the cockpit.

Kyp, just happy to have heard her say anything to break the monotonous silence, wasn't about to let it end at that. He followed her back to the cargo hold where he found her angrily checking their supplies---- an entirely unnecessary task. She glanced up at him as he walked in.

"Just leave me alone, Kyp!" she demanded.

"I can't," he answered calmly. She moaned and then continued to check packages without looking at him. After watching her manhandle several more boxes, he walked over and took one out of her hands, setting it back down on the stack gently.

"Look, Jaina," he said when she finally looked at him, "we can't do this. We can't complete our job if we continue on like this. You HAVE to talk to me."

"I don't HAVE to do anything," she replied, all the while knowing that what he said was true. She was acting a bit childish about things, but didn't know how else to handle the deep feelings of betrayal still lingering inside her.

Kyp shook his head, weary from fighting this battle. He sighed heavily and turned to leave but stopped in mid-stride when another idea popped into his head.

"Okay," he conceded. "You're right. You don't have to talk to me. Not at all."

Jaina wondered what game he was playing. She had never known Kyp Durron to give in so easily.

"No, you don't have to talk," he continued, "IF you fight me."

"What?!" Jaina asked staring at him in confusion. He had unclipped his lightsaber and switched it on, its low hum and bright glow sending a sudden shiver down her spine.

"Well, apparently nothing else is going to work, so let's just get it all out of our systems.? He twirled his saber around in a display of bravado before continuing.

?We'll set 'em on low power, of course, but this is the deal. You win, you don't have to say another word to me. I win and you not only have to talk to me, but you have to answer any questions I ask. Deal?" He stood confidently with his arms crossed waiting patiently for her answer.

"You're serious?" Jaina asked skeptically.

"Dead serious."

Jaina hesitated. She was no fool. It had been a while since she had even used her saber, much less fought against someone who was an expert. She knew Kyp was a better swordsman than she, but her pride just wouldn't let her decline a challenge from him.

"All right. You're on," she agreed. "But no taking it easy on me just because my father threatened your life." She wanted to win this fair and square.

"Oh, you can rest assured. I won't be taking it easy on you. I'm going to make you sweat!" Then he grinned and winked, and Jaina's stomach got that crazy feeling again. Why did that keep happening? It couldn't be because--- NO! She refused to even let herself finish that thought. It HAD to be because Kyp Durron made her sick.

Yeah.

12. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    "Jaina," Kyp said with a little crack in his voice, "st-stop it. Stop moving around like that!"

I just love the awkwardness and tension! You've done that very well! Great post!

13. Miss_Jaina

Miss_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    Great post! The akwardness between them was great! Please post more soon!

~Miss Jaina

14. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Force, look at all that tension. You are tempting you readers val, that was such a explosive chapter. But you know what, I loved it.

Just beautiful. . .

Am [face_love]

15. sith_lady17

sith_lady17 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2001
    Ohh, I loved that fight! :D
    Post soon please!

16. vogt0047

vogt0047 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2001
    This is a great story! Keep it coming!

17. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!
    Yet another wonderful post. Val, you are great, woman! Hooray for Kyp and Jaina!!!!!!!!
    U
    U
    U
    U
    U
    U
    U
    U
    P
    P
    P
    P
    P
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !

18. Miss_Jaina

Nov 30, 2001
    More! Please?! Soon?!

UUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

~Miss Jaina

19. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    lol, that was SO hilarious, val! Do we get more soon?

20. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Are you all enjoying the holidays? This time of year always seems to go by in a rush.

Anyway, here's a short post for you. Enjoy!

Chapter 5--- The Conversation
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaina was still kicking herself for losing to Kyp. How could she have let the likes of him best her so easily? She was a Solo and a Skywalker, for sith?s sake! She sighed defeatedly. That used to make her think she was invincible, but after the past years and Chewie?s death, she knew it was just a delusion she?d have to get over. Part of growing up was realizing you weren?t indestructible? isn?t that what Uncle Luke said some years ago when she wasn?t really paying attention? She tried to remember the context of his lesson, but couldn?t. Her mind and stomach were both churning with anxiety about talking to Kyp.

The time had come. She couldn?t stall him any longer. She?d have to talk? and she dreaded it. What would he want to talk about? Would he try to criticize her uncle and the rest of her family? Or would he choose a more ?personal? path? Well, she didn?t necessarily have to answer all of his questions, and if he said the wrong things? well, then, she would just cut him off? leave the room? or?or? slap him again. A wicked grin turned up the corners of her mouth at that last option. The look on his face when she did it the first time was etched in her mind and would remain one of the priceless memories of her whole life. Man, did she really NOT like him!

Jaina pulled her still damp hair back into its usual ponytail and headed for the cockpit. It was all she could do to force each step, but finally she made it. Peering into the small room, she saw Kyp hunched over the controls running some diagnostic checks. As quietly as she could, she slipped into the empty co-pilot?s chair.

Kyp knew she was coming before she even reached the cockpit door. Somehow, he was finely attuned to her every move and thought even though he wasn?t trying to focus on her. It was just happening ?involuntarily??like a lot of other things lately. So as not to seem too anxious for her company, he ignored her for a few minutes and continued his checks. He was still reeling from that fight and the feel of her underneath him. Part of him was enjoying the replay just a little too much, while the other part of him was having nightmarish visions of Han finding out and serving him up to the Vong with an apple in his mouth.

She knew he was doing it on purpose --- acting like he didn?t even notice her ? and it was ticking her off. No one could irritate her like Kyp Durron, and she assumed that he delighted in that fact. She sighed heavily a few times, spun around in her chair, and then sighed some more before giving in to her annoyance.

?So are you going to talk or what?!? she exclaimed.

Kyp hid a grin before turning to look at her. ?Oh! Are you waiting for me to start?? he asked as innocently as he could.

Jaina rolled her eyes and moaned in exasperation. ?You?re unbelievable,? she muttered.

?Why, thank you.?

?Ugh!? A few more seconds of awkward silence passed before Kyp decided he?d better talk or else.

?All right,? he started, leaning back in his chair and swiveling around to face her. ?What do you like to do in your spare time??

?What?! That?s what you want to talk about?? she spouted. Something more personal was what she had expected.

?Sure,? he shrugged. ?Why not? Me, I like to catch a holovid every once in a while, meditate, practice my saber skills, and basically just contemplate the fate of the galaxy. Your turn.?

?This is ridiculous,? Jaina stated.

?Hey! The deal was you answer my questions. Nothing was said about what they would be, so give it up.?

Jaina stared at him finally realizing she may as well get it over with. ?Okay, then,? she started, ?in my spare time, I read a little, um?.. tinker around on old ships, and practice in the flight sim. There. Good enough?? she spat sarcastically.

?You really like to fly,

21. Miss_Jaina

Nov 30, 2001
    Loew it! More soon, ok? Can't wait till next post!

~Miss Jaina

22. Avalon69

Avalon69 Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2001
    Hmmm.. Jaina isn't looking past the lie to what he did...

23. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    LOVE IT! The tension and the movements between them is amazing how you display it. I truly cannot wait for more of this.

Re: Holidays. Their going pretty well at the moment, had a real life bump yesterday but other than that, great. If I had alot more fics like this, I suppose I'd feel much better :)

Am [face_love]

24. Miss_Jaina

Nov 30, 2001
    More soon, because it is great.
    In the meantime UUUUUUPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

25. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Just upping and letting you know I'm working on the next post, but it probably won't be up tonight.

Anyway, Merry Christmas!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.