main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Des Moi, IA Getting Peeps together

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediMasterKypDuron, Dec 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterKypDuron

JediMasterKypDuron Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2003
    Hey I think it would be really cool to get some sort of event going. I know you guys have been talking about it but there has not been many threads posted on the topic. What do you guys think, you been planning anything? Would be cool to meet people with some similar Star Wars interests!

2. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    JediMasterKypDuron are you a newbie or are you in a sock?

3. JediKiller2004

JediKiller2004 Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2003
    Or could you just be a jerk? The guy was asking if you guys knew anytime you guys were gonna get together, and now your gonna sit there an insult him, hell with people like you acting like that who the hell would wanna met you? If anyone else would like to answer the poor guys question on when you guys are orginizing an event or getting together please do, cause the star wars fan above me seems to want to do nothing but insult the poor guy. Thanks

4. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Whatever SOCK.

5. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    Iowa sucks donkey balls anyway so I don't even see the point in organizing a FF meeting.

6. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    The place may be, "lacking", compared to some other places, but if we have some people here, we'll need to schedule something sometime soon.

Now if I can just get some time off from my job at Mediacom (dodges things thrown at him), not all of us who work for the cable company are evil.

7. BKK

BKK Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    Mediacom?!!!?!!!

*loses all respect for Kyle*

Dang dude, sorry to hear about that...... :D

8. Cornaquious

Cornaquious Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2000
    Sox? (are we in Chi-town?)
    Donkeys?
    Balls?
    I once saw a Donkey Basketball Game.

You really ought to give Iowa, a try.

9. Count_Navillus

Count_Navillus Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2002
    Today is tuesday March 16. Is anybody doing anything this weekend say Saturday the 20th of March? I'm not . Just sitting on my arse watching T.V. How about We meet at Mayham Comics in Clive say around 2:00 P.M. I will reqiure a ride seeing as how I Cracked the head on mine. I'll get directions and post them. in A couple of minutes.

10. Count_Navillus

Aug 10, 2002
    7500 University Ave.
    Des Moines, IA 50325
    (515) 271-8104

If you can attend I need know by Friday night. I might have to reserve a table depending on how many will be there.

11. Czan

Czan Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2004
    I will be moving to Des Moines in a couple days and am interested in joining the local fanforce chapter. But I am hoping that 1) there is or will be a Jedi orientated chapter and 2) if there is a decent number of members near my age. (I am a 28m) I dont have anything against younger members, but it makes it easier to relate to star wars fans closer to my own age. I am also wondering when, where, and how consistant the meetings are for the chapter in Des Moines.
    -May the Force be with you all, Czan Mar-Gathol

12. Count_Navillus

Aug 10, 2002
    Well Czar, I'll be strait and forward with. we have not yet had meeting and I am planning one here very soon. As soon as evryone can decided on a place to meet and a date, we'll have a meeting. Check back here for updates.

Oh, by the way I recammend that everyone shows up, we will be deciding on a name for the Des Moines chapter. Positions will be appionted, and we will need are own web Page if any one ias interested in making one or helping.

13. Czan

Czan Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2004
    Thank you for the information, Count. It's Czan by the way, not Czar(my name, hehe). I won't have a pc for awhile when I move today, but will try to find a local library to access theirs until I build myself another. Hopefully, I will be able to find out about the next meeting before it haooens so I can attend, lol. As soon as I finish typing this post I will be beginning the drive north to Iowa, so I look forward to meeting you all in the future.

-May the Force be with you all, Czan Mar-Gathol

14. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    I am offering to host a meeting sometime. see the meetup day thread for info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.