main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Getting the NJO back on Target

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MediaGuyPJ, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MediaGuyPJ

MediaGuyPJ Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2005
    Saw RJ yesterday anyone interested in getting the NJO back together?

2. VADERJIM129

VADERJIM129 Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    Greetings,
    Please let me know if the group comes back together Jim

3. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
    I hope things improve and the NJO gets things rolling again.

Beanie

4. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    it would be nice to see this group become active again. Good luck to everyone! If you need anything please let me know :)

5. Full_Body_Asajj

Full_Body_Asajj Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2003
    Interesting...

6. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    has anyone seen the CR?

7. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
    Cmon folks!

I know you are out there lurking...waiting....

Hey you know you guys are the berries and I would like the NJO to start getting back to business so I can make some trips down to see yall.

I don't know if anyone here is going to Celebration IV if so send me a PM and let me know.

Beanie

8. DarthYJTyranus

DarthYJTyranus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2002
    Somebody please step up and take the reigns! I wish I could but my circumstances sort of prevent that. I couldn't participate in a lot of events but I still felt a part of something. It would be good to see things get organized again.

9. LifeSabre

LifeSabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    i am still alive and kicking, i check the boards every once in awhile to see what is going on

the njo is in a lull stage right now whether that is due to burn out or the fact that everyone is dealing with full time schedules i am not sure, but i believe it is apart of our current inactivity

oj, pete and i have done some low key local events in the past few months and gary and i went to chiller last month, but nothing to the effect or size of what we used to do...and we have done them as NJO events...i really hope to get everyone back together but am not in the business of "strong arming" (LOL) people to come to meetings esp considering the work schedules of the members in this group so in the future we will most likely keep things low key and i will try to keep all parties informed of what is going on....but i would def like to start things up again

10. VADERJIM129

May 5, 2005
    Just wanted to let you guys know that there is a Toy Show in Woodbridge next Saturday May 12th... from 9-4 I got a table and plan to dump some of my stuff... Hope to see people there Jim

11. DarthYJTyranus

DarthYJTyranus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2002
    Good to hear that you guys are still alive. I miss the old NJO website. I never knew a damned thing about costuming until I met you guys. If I wasn't in a wheelchair I would definitely get me some trooper armor. At least I understand how you make the costumes are made.

12. Vader129

Vader129 Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2004
    I have been reading these post with great interest..... I would be willing to help bring the group back to life... If interested e-mail at Vader129@aol.com

13. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    We missed you guys at ComiCon! Pittsburgh has gone through 'Dark Times' ourselves, I hope things get up and running for the NJO :) We want to see you at next year's ComiCon.

14. Sirius_Scott

Sirius_Scott Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2007
    What we need to do is actually have some sort of gathering. Whether that's in person or on-line doesn't matter. We need to find out who is actually out there, contact old members, recruit (or advertise to) new ones, and actually slap the NJO tag on some events of some kind. There's costuming, RPGs, CCGs, FanFilms, Lightsaber dueling (dibs!), etc. There's alot that could be done. The trick is actually finding the people/time/ability to do it.

Initiative people! I want a FanForce chapter damnit!

15. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    I agree, even though I never came out to any events since I was in VA for four years. But Im back in NJ now.

16. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    glad to finally see some life and interest back on these boards and a NJFF. NJ does has a FF chapter just not active right now. Sirius_Scott glad to see your interest most of the other names I recongnize so where exactly in Jersey are you? I'm in Toms River. Lightsaber dueling that is very cool something I'd like to see one day. Once we get a feel for where some of the newbies here are we can defintely move foward with the club again. most our membership was split either jersey shore or n. jersey

EDIT: FF boards are not an advertisement for 501st events

17. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    Mullica Hill is a little far for me, I'm up near Staten Island, Woodbridge.

18. Leo73

Leo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2003
    Mullica Hill isn't too far for me. The main reason, why I never really joined in, was it seemed like most of the activities and member are in North Jersey. That can be quite a haul sometimes. I am in Lumberton now, which is south NJ I guess. I am still interested in the club. I am also getting into costuming now, as I am beginning a Tusken Raider costume and then will move onto a couple of troopers.

19. MediaGuyPJ

MediaGuyPJ Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2005
    Nothing for nothin.

I am a proud member of the 501st. Fanforce and costuming are very closely linked within the NJO or at least they where.

I would think at this point at best the NJO is a struggling Fanforce and any meeting of fans to get this back on track would be better then none.

Its not like RJ said, "Hey lets meet a STAR TREK CONVENTION!" That would be taboo, but a 501st event. I dont know the 501st celebrates Star Wars in a way that nobody else does. I think for any oridinary fan that they would be geeked to see a stormtrooper.

20. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002

I did offer to drive you several times to the meetings, that were not in South Jersey. ;)

21. Leo73

Leo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2003
    Yeah you did Shawn and I am sorry that I was never able to make it. It just seemed like everytime I would plan to do something, something always came up and messed up my plans.

22. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    I know.

It happens to all of us.

Happens to me a lot.

23. VADERJIM129

May 5, 2005
    I wrote awhile ago that I would be willing to help get the group back on track.. If anyone is interested contact me via pm....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.