main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Getting to know Mitt, getting to know all about Mitt

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jabbadabbado, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    40 million dollars doesn't even begin to cover the cost of getting Republicans to vote for Romney.

Hypnotoads are very, very expensive

[image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100418060745/uncyclopedia/images/4/48/Hypno_large.gif]

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i was under the impression that 40 million was rather minor when it comes to a campaign.

3. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    It's "not very much" :p

4. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I think the less authentic Mitt Romney sounds, the more I actually like him. It's rather reassuring to know that he's not one of those crazies. Heck, I think I'll even vote for him when the primaries come around to my state....I don't believe I ticked the "Democratic Party" box last time I registered to vote so I may be eligible. Ooo but maybe I should vote for Ron Paul, simply because he's always giving neoconservatives and religious radicals the finger. Now this is something new, I have to make an actual decision in an election for once!

5. Esperanza_Nueva

Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 23, 2003
    At this point, I think he's been flip-flopping on purpose (especially the recent same-day flip flop). My parents are moderate Republicans, and I'm pretty sure all they hear is the Romney that, for example, doesn't want to interfere with a person's access to contraceptive, then they tune out the reversal because "he's just trying to get the base to support him. He doesn't really mean it." To me, that's scary if in fact he's figured out how to have it both ways.

6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Recent Romney quote:

?I like those fancy raincoats you bought [to people wearing plastic ponchos]. Really sprung for the big bucks.?

I think flip-flopping is simply no longer hurting him anymore, anyone who would be upset by it has long since decided they will never vote for him.

"Mitt Romney flip-flopped again!"

"Oh well, it's in his nature. It's just Mitt being Mitt."

7. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Okay...I make a perfectly good Star Wars joke, and nobody responds to it?

What kind of hackneyed messageboard is this tripe?

8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    This year, Romney has bragged that he's the only politician in the race who's never done any lobbying or gotten any pork.

In 2002, there's a tape of Romney bragging about how much money he can get from Washington, how he got more money for the Olympics from the federal government than anyone ever before, and how he would do the same to help Massachusetts if he became governor. (One of the major sources of funding for RomneyCare, which Romney continues to defend to this day, is the federal government).

Video

This isn't even a flip-flop. Romney either has early dementia or some kind of selective amnesia... or he's a liar.

9. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Worst. frontrunner.ever

10. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    [image=http://www.flakmag.com/tv/images/ovenmitt.jpg]Is he sponsored by Arby's?

11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  12. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    Someone on MSNBC was arguing a couple days ago that Democrats should hope Santorum is the nominee, not only because he doesn't have a chance in hell, but because it will send a more resounding message that the majority of Americans reject his uber-conservative, theocratic philosophy, and consequently the GOP will distance itself from his brand of preachy nonsense. If Romney is nominated and defeated, there will still be a lot of people arguing that he just wasn't conservative enough and the GOP could end up pandering to the nuts even harder. Of course, that maniac religious freak being one election away from the big seat make me want to throw up all over JFK.

13. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Answering a question on whether her family's income makes it hard for them to relate to the struggles of average Americans.

14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    [image=http://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web04/2012/3/5/0/enhanced-buzz-18825-1330925777-25.jpg]

15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    That picture would be awesome if Santorum happened to be on top of a dog... ;)

16. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    I love how this year's contenders have turned out...makes me wonder if it wasn't planned for some reason.

17. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    That's my belief as well. I wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed that the RNC and DNC have already had agreed to another four years of the Obama administration, and are deliberately fanning the flames of extremist rhetoric as a way to simply distract the populace.

18. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    From the other thread:

Mitt Romney remembers things that happened before he was born

19. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I'm more inclined to believe that this country is being run by idiots who really mean it.

20. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    [image=http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/11/22/128718832605423338.jpg]

21. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/335978/saturday-night-live-lindsay-lohan#s-p1-so-i0

22. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    Awesome. I needed a page like this to fill the void left by Marcus Bachman's Gayness.

23. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Mitt also wants you to know he likes grits.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/post/romney-plays-up-southern-connections/2012/03/08/gIQAdk6wzR_blog.html

24. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Well, they are rather tasty.

25. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I dunno - what's his stance on jumbalaya? Creole or Cajun? The people need to know!