main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Getting to Know you. Saga/postTPM. Obi-Wan & Anakin

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    ?I hate this place, I hate everybody here,? the boy sobbed into a pillow. Anakin Skywalker was a confused ten year old boy, homesick and trying desperately to fit into a lifestyle he only thought that he had been prepared for. All his life, all he had wanted was to become a Jedi, to be a slave no more, to be powerful enough to control his own life and make things right with the world.

He had tearfully waved goodbye to his mother and left for his brave new adventure with the Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn, who had befriended and freed him on Tatooine. His wonderful dreams turned sour when the Jedi Council first refused Qui-Gon?s request to train him; then faded utterly when Qui-Gon had been cut down in battle with a Sith on Naboo. Now here he was, being trained by Qui-Gon?s former apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi, with the Council?s grudging approval, and all he wanted at the moment was to go home to his mother, where he was loved and accepted as he was.

He felt someone sit down beside him and lay a hand on his shoulder. Without looking, he knew it was his Master, come to try to comfort him. He would take no comfort from his presence; he still couldn?t help but feel that Obi-Wan had failed him and Qui-Gon both. Had Obi-Wan not been separated from his Master during their battle with a Sith warrior on Naboo, the two Jedi might have won the battle that took Qui-Gon?s life. Instead, Obi-Wan had been forced to watch his Master die alone in single combat, mere feet in front of him, while he remained trapped and helpless to intervene behind a force field. He stiffened and choked back his tears.

?Can I help?? the young Jedi offered quietly. ?Do you want to talk about it??

?Leave me alone,? he sniffed.

The Jedi?s hand tightened on his shoulder. ?Anakin, facing your fears makes you stronger.? The voice was coaxing. Obi-Wan had faced and conquered his own fears to save himself on Naboo after the death of his Master. It had been Obi-Wan?s final trial before advancing to the full rank of Jedi.

Anakin sat up and rubbed his face free of tears, to say defiantly, ?I am not scared.?

?But you are homesick and wondering what the future holds in store for you, my young Padawan.? The voice was gentle, though Obi-Wan wanted to chuckle at Anakin?s display of defiance.

?It would so much easier if Qui-Gon were here,? the boy blurted out. ?Why didn?t you save him? He would have made sure I fit in here.? He knew it wasn?t true; only he could find his own place among the Jedi, but it was easier to blame the young man sitting beside him. Not only that, but the same young man Qui-Gon had been so willing to discard in favor of Anakin himself, and therefore perhaps less gifted with the Force than he was himself. He tried to hide his brief feeling of superiority; he wasn?t proud of himself at these moments.

Obi-Wan winced and tried to keep his expression impassive, but his eyes clouded with pain. The boy had touched on an old wound, one not likely to heal as long as the boy kept dredging it up. Had he remained at his Master?s side, would Qui-Gon still be alive? He did not know. Qui-Gon had not seemed to blame him when Obi-Wan had held the dying Master in his arms, so full of grief and guilt, so few months ago. His Master had brushed a tear off his cheek with a finger and spoken only of his belief in the Chosen One, the boy Anakin Skywalker.

?I?m sorry, Obi-Wan,? he said contritely. ?I shouldn?t blame you.? Maybe in time, he would come to believe the truth of that. It seemed he was the only one to feel that way, at least, that?s the feeling he got from the other Padawans and instructors if he even hinted at his thoughts.

?I know,? the Jedi said gently. How could he fault Anakin for blaming him, when he himself wasn?t sure that it wasn?t deserved? Had he minded Qui-Gon?s message to stay in the moment, would he have evaded the kick that sent him plunging down several levels
    to a catwalk; a distance far enough in time and space to keep him from his master?

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Nice exploration of their early days together! =D=

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Awwww I liked this alot too! *warm fuzzies* And poor Anakin...thinking he was gonna get a beating. *nod* he would think that cuz of Watto.

Great work! Totally enjoyed this tale of yours! :D

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwwww...that was sweet

I really enjoyed the bonding between Obi and Ani.

good job!

=D= =D= =D=

5. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Aww...

I enjoyed the bonding between the both of them. It really shows how their relationship grows to what we know it to be like in AOTC and ROTS. And poor Anakin at the beginning- that training really must have been hard on him, to be so different. If only...

Anyway, you did a wonderful job on this.

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    wow. that was great. i loved your insights into obi-wan and anakin, very nuanced!

7. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    I loved it, btw, are you going to expound more on Anakin's behaviour problem?

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    "are you going to expound more on Anakin's behaviour problem?"

Laughs...yes, these are excerpts from works in process; I need to fill in plot details also. I may have gained a "master" to help me, but I'll be gone for a while and away from computers. I still haven't thought of what Ani can do that is so bad AND so funny - help!

9. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    That was a very sweet story. I could so picture little Anakin's face. I liked the description of why Obi-Wan had lost the sparkle that Anakin had first seen in him. Well done.

10. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    Meditate on this, I will. I think it would be a good idea to make it something that no other Jedi (padawan) would ever consider doing. So that all of the evidence will point to him. Anyway, good luck.[face_thinking]

11. HanSoloIsSoCute

HanSoloIsSoCute Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2005
    Oh, that was so sad! Yet funny at the same time! I loved this:

?You win, Master,? he said when Obi-Wan released him, and surprised Obi-Wan by sitting up and throwing his arms around his neck. :_| I don't like to cry, but I did!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.