main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Getting To Know You Thread...Ask A Question Answer A Question Game (Version 2.0)

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by MasterMonkey13, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    My fave type of non-fiction books are about animals, domestic and wild, other countries especially the British Isles, and a very select vein of performer autobiography. The natural world and people fascinate me. :)

Fave form of transportation?

2. Malcolm Reynolds

Malcolm Reynolds Jedi Master star 5

Sep 2, 2013
    AIRPLANE

FAVORITE EMINEM SONG

3. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Lose Yourself and Beautiful.
    Same.

4. Malcolm Reynolds

Sep 2, 2013
  5. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Without Me (I think. Haven't listened very often.)

Your earliest memory of music?

6. Malcolm Reynolds

Sep 2, 2013
    making rice filled instruments

opinion of david letterman?

7. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Love, love, LOVE him (been a fan since about 1985...true, his show has not been as great lately as compared with his early & middle years, but imo he's still so much better than Leno ever was, and the level of Dave's influence on late night TV has been unmatched!)

favorite zoo animal?

Malcolm Reynolds likes this.
  8. Malcolm Reynolds

Sep 2, 2013
    =D==D==D==D= for your letterman answer

Pensivia likes this.
  9. Linwë Alcarin

Linwë Alcarin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2014
    Tigers and common squirrel monkeys :3

What is your fave clothes shop?

10. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    In terms of actual brick-and-mortar shops that one can walk into, H&M is one of my favorites, and I especially like their L.O.G.G. line. There's also a Christopher & Banks near my office that I've found useful for basic wardrobe components like T-shirts and camisoles.

Same question (again, emphasizing shops one can actually walk into).

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  11. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Emphasizing shops. If this is NOT about clothing then it is definitely "Dussmann das Kultur Kaufhaus" in the even more famous "Friedrichstraße" in Berlin. They are stoked with gorgeous books, CDs, DVDs & stationary products.

I most love the integrated "English book shop" they have in there. Since my return to my home country Germany I am a frequent visitor there.

Actually, I intend to buy that SW Origami book for myself as a special Easter egg. The majority of my kindergarten group would be very happy about that. They already cheered when I brought "Darth Vader and son" plus "Vader´s little princess" along. (The parents also cheered because they get fed up with Clone Wars and like my pedagogical SW approach very much.)

And if it is about shops were one can buy clothing, Findswoman, well Berlin is full of them and there is only a limited amount of space in my wardrobes. I have not bought new clothing since I moved places. I actually gave stuff away to create more space.

Findswoman likes this.
  12. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    In terms of clothing stores, I tend to frequent Hot Topic. In terms of non-clothing stores, art stores like AC Moore, Michaels, or Hobby Lobby.

Same question.

13. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Since my last answer involved clothing stores, it'll be about non-clothing stores this time. I love me a good used or antiquarian bookstore, but barring that, regular bookstores are fine too. A good stationery shop is always a treat, as is a good sheet music shop, and I can fritter away many hours (!) in supermarkets with a good selection of ethnic foods.

AzureAngel2, ich habe mehrere Monate in Deutschland bei meinen Dissertationsrecherchen verbracht, war meistens in Hamburg, habe aber zwei wunderschöne Ausflüge nach Berlin dazu gemacht. An jenen Zeiten erinnere ich mich sehr gerne, nicht nur wegen der Einkaufsgelegenheiten!

Ok, next question: describe your favorite everyday pair of shoes.

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Wie schön!

* beams Findswoman

Anyway, my favourite shoes are sneakers/ trainers, because you can outrun any angry child with it. It also works better on the playground. I disliked the strict stress code of my former employee. Of course I can walk with high heels through woodland, but I think it should not be essential that I have to for work.

* passes same question on

Findswoman likes this.
  15. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    [​IMG]

What's your favorite article of clothing that you own?

16. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't have one.
    Same.

17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Tough question! I think I'll just pick my toe shoes, as they're super comfy and since the weather's getting warm, I can wear them again. And they have toes~

Other than that and a couple of t-shirts, my other favorite items are mostly costume pieces.

Same question.

18. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    By toe shoes, do you mean this sort of thing? My husband has a pair, and it's one of his favorite warm-weather footwear options. I toy with the idea of eventually getting some myself.

It's hard to choose one favorite piece of clothing, so I'll cheat and also go with shoes: basic brown leather Oxfords or slip-ons.

What is your favorite remedy for insomnia? (The time stamp of this post will give a clue as to why I'm asking!)

19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Yep! Though mine are Fila Skele-toes. Basically the same type of shoe, only cheaper. They're super comfy, but if your feet sweat... yeah, they get to smelling pretty funky pretty quickly! XD

As for insomnia, I can't help you there. I just spent all night playing Pokemon! :p

Though, mint tea and a hot shower sometimes helps with relaxation.

Same question, since I'm an insomniac.

Findswoman likes this.
  20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Insomnia, well I do not have it all the time. Around full moon, yes. Or when the gang outside my flat is roaming our street. Oh, and at times, when I am struck by my writing muse... [face_blush]

Well, lavender tea or anise milk (both best enjoyed with hone) help me.

Sometimes it can be also very calm music that helps me to fall asleep. For example: Loreena McKennitt, Runrig...

Best thing is to hug my husband like a teddy bear, but since he is seldom around the past 8 months, I have to use a Vader plush.

21. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    AzureAngel2, please, post a question after you have answered one. It's the "answer a question AND ask a question" game. Thanks. :)

22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Okay, passing the question on. What helps you against sleeping trouble, Skiara?

23. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    AzureAngel2, it's not to ask a question to a specific person, it's asking a general question, which can be asked by everyone who wants to answer. So in your case it would be:

Q: What helps you against sleeping trouble?

24. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Warm milk is another suggestion. Other things I've used? Benedryl and NyQuil. When all else fails, I go for the meds. :p

Same question. Perhaps someone else will have an idea that's less chemical.

25. Linwë Alcarin

Linwë Alcarin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2014
    Drinking tea before going to bed, listening to some audio book (or just someone talking) and hugging my plush toys :)

What 6 things would you take with you to a desert island?

TrakNar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.