main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Getting To Know You Thread...Ask A Question Answer A Question Game (Version 2.0)

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by MasterMonkey13, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    1. Cell phone
    2. Laptop
    3. Glasses
    4. Food
    5. Coffee maker
    6. PS3

Favorite part about Easter?

2. Linwë Alcarin

Linwë Alcarin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2014
    Chocoooolate, seeing my grandparents and not going to school :p

Do you like Irish music?

TrakNar and Admiral Volshe like this.
  3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    I don't know much about it, but what I've heard I've liked, especially if it's performed in a historically accurate manner without a lot of amplification or other modern trappings. My honeymoon was in Ireland, and I have a fond memory of hearing three boys perform on the streets of Galway on, I think it was, fiddle, penny whistle, and uilleann. Their ensemble was superb. :)

Another music question: what instrument do you wish you could play? (One of mine is historical harp.)

4. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Guitar. I'm working on that, albeit very slowly. I'd be able to make some progress if i actually owned a guitar.

Same question.

Findswoman likes this.
  5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    A: Probably piano or guitar. Alas, I have little patience and am completely tone deaf 8-}

Q: Do you like Peeps? (If you've never had them, they're basically marshmallows covered in colored sugar and shaped like bunnies or ducks.)

6. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    Occasionally. Sounds weird but I like them slightly stale. I don't like how soft they are right after opening them.

Do you put any form of sweetener (sugar, honey, etc) in your coffee/tea?

7. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I put creamer in my coffee.

Same.

8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    I'm not much of a tea or coffee drinker, but I do like certain cold, sweet, creamy tea and coffee drinks (most especially Thai iced tea and whatever Peet's Coffee calls their version of the Frappuccino), so I guess my answer would be closer to yes than no.

How spicy (as in chili pepper heat) do you like your food?

9. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Depends on what I'm in the mood for. If I want knock-your-socks-off fire-breathing face-melting heat, then I'll get such spicy food. Usually, though, just moderate heat, enough to make my lips numb is my default. I want something I'll notice, but not too powerful until I build up a tolerance.

What are you watching now?

10. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    My Man Godfrey

When was the last time you took a bath?

11. Linwë Alcarin

Jan 28, 2014
    Yesterday :)

What is your fave anime (if any :p)?

12. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Cowboy Bebop

Have you ever named an animal?

13. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Yes: my first childhood pet, a cat I named Jenny after a cat in a book I had. I was about 4 (maybe 5).

Have you ever named any inanimate objects belonging to you? (E.g., cars, etc.—I know one fellow who gave his raincoat and rainboots a name!)

14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I've named many animals. Should I run down the list of my pets? :p

I have not named inanimate objects.

Do you nickname your Pokemon?

15. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't even really know what pokemon are other than a card game

what is your favorite game?

16. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Oh boy, great question! I don't think I can give just one definitive answer. For video games, Super Mario Galaxy was an absolute blast. As for board games, my friends and I played this great zombie/alien survival game called Level 7 Escape. I also really enjoy some Cards Against Humanity from time to time.

Same question.

17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Hoo boy, tough one. Time for a long list!

Text adventures, definitely Lost Pig. JRPGs, I'd have to pick Pokemon, and it's also my pick overall. First-person shooter, definitely Perfect Dark 64. Party game goes to Mario Party. I absolutely loved StarFox 64 and would play the hell out of multiplayer.

I'm a sucker for beat-em-ups and both Turtles In Time and Streets of Rage 2 hold the top spot. The fighting games award goes to Mortal Kombat 2, Samurai Showdown, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Soul Caliber.

Wizardry 6: Bane of the Cosmic Forge for turn-based dungeon crawler. Conclave was my favorite browser-based turn-based tile RPG until it went freemium, and I'm still very heavily debating on buying the next missions. For MMO, I'd have to choose Final Fantasy: The Hunting Grounds, hosted on BYOND.

The visual novel award goes to Phoenix Wright. Puzzle games are another vice, and the award goes to Bejeweled, Columns, and Sega Swirl as my absolute favorites.

For board games, I love Trivial Pursuit, and Forbidden Island is a lot of fun, along with ZOMBIES!!! (with three exclamation points). I like Cthulhu Dice for time-wasting fun, I like Dungeon Plungin' for a simple master-less RPG, and I'm partial to the DnD system over most other RPG systems. Star Wars Epic Duels was fun to play, and it leaves plenty of room for customizability and the usage of new maps.

Same question.

18. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Chess / Backgammon

Favorite TV Series?

19. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Will everyone here hate me if I say that one of them is that 90s BBC comedy Keeping Up Appearances? It never fails to make me laugh, no matter what kind of day I've had. Also, at the end of the day, the original Star Trek (I had a Spock crush for a good portion of my adolescent years).

Same question, in case anyone has a more, um, socially acceptable answer! :D

20. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    There's nothing wrong with Keeping Up Appearances. It's a favorite in my household. :)

My favorite TV show was/still is the reimagined Battlestar Galactica. Despite the finale, I can still watch that series over and over. I can't say the same for many shows I used to like, and the only show I watch on a casual basis now is The Walking Dead.

What is your favorite beverage?

21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I... actually don't have one. I have more than a few drinks I default to, but none that are my absolute favorite. I like mango lemonade, though.

Same question. Perhaps someone else has a better answer.

22. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Does drinking water count? Otherwise if I'm drinking milk that usually means cookies.

A cookie or chocolate?

23. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Cookie.

Pie or wafer?

24. Linwë Alcarin

Jan 28, 2014
    Wafer

Fave fruit?

25. Frank T.