Social Getting To Know You Thread...Ask A Question Answer A Question Game (Version 2.0)

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by MasterMonkey13, Mar 5, 2009.

Moderators: Skiara
  1. Commander Krix Jedi Master

star 3
    Someone dressed up as scream in this haunted house walkthrough. I was 7 or 8 years when this had happened, and boy am I glad it's over. :p

Same.
  2. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Sleeping in the dark.

Scariest movie?
  3. Frank T. Force Ghost

star 6
  4. Findswoman Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Oh, no more questions about movies, please! :p

All right, all right... of the movies I've seen so far, the one that scared me the most was probably Schindler's List. I was in high school or so, and cried a whole lot afterward.

Something more lighthearted: Tell us about something that you found riotously, uproariously funny for no good reason at all (or at least no reason anyone around you could comprehend).
    Frank T. likes this.
  5. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, my brother and I had gone to the outlet mall after we had tried some vodka lemonade (we were sobered up before we left), and he found a yo-yo in a basket of yo-yos and tried to yo-yo, but it was tangled up with the other yo-yos and came out in this mass of yo-yos. So, he tried to yo-yo the yo-yo mass. I thought it was hilarious.

Same.
  6. Shira A'dola Force Ghost

star 5
    My brother told us that he unknowingly used a bidet towel to dry his hands after using the restroom while he's out in Finland. I couldn't stop laughing.

Same.
  7. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    I've also had far too many "you had to be there" situations to even know where to begin or how to explain them. Had one yesterday, actually, while working on a video project. It centered around one shot, where we inserted some dialogue, and it spiraled into "this is the funniest thing ever." Then, I worked on an image for that very same scene, and after I was done, I wrote in that bit of dialogue and I still laugh at it.

Even though the dialogue was never, ever in the footage or even uttered by the character in question. Nevertheless, it's become another inside joke that will achieve meme status with my brother and I, much like the rest of our inside jokes and memes that no one understands. I guess you just had to have been there. ;)

Same, including "you just had to be there" moments.
  8. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    I think basically ever single conversation I have with my best friend is a "you had to be there" moment. I saw a saying once that if you see two girls having way more fun than the situation warrants, they're best friends. That is absolutely us.

What's your favorite flavor of snowcone?
  9. Linwë Alcarin Jedi Knight

star 2
  10. Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost

star 4
    Depends. Usually beef, I occasionally get in the mood for BBQ chicken, or chicken fingers/ nuggets, or chicken sandwiches. :p

Same.
  11. Commander Krix Jedi Master

star 3
    Beef, I gotta love my Steak! :p

Burger or hotdog?
  12. Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost

star 4
    Burger.

Rare, Medium, or Done? :p
  13. Commander Krix Jedi Master

star 3
    Rare, my dad got me addicted to rare. =P~

Same.
  14. Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost

star 4
    Done. :p

The last movie you saw?
  15. Linwë Alcarin Jedi Knight

star 2
    Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Ice cream or popsicle?
    Last edited by Linwë Alcarin, May 13, 2014
  16. Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost

star 4
    Ice cream.

Favorite flavor?
  17. Commander Krix Jedi Master

star 3
  18. Linwë Alcarin Jedi Knight

star 2
    Chocolate and raspberry

Same
  19. Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost

star 4
    Pretty much anything vanilla based.

What is your least favorite flavor?
  20. Linwë Alcarin Jedi Knight

star 2
    Pistachio

What is your fave Disney movie :)?
  21. Findswoman Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Least favorite flavor: I'm not fond of flavors that are bitter, like licorice or anise or grapefruit. (That said, I will drink absinthe, though it has to be watered down a lot and have a lot of sugar.)

Favorite Disney movie: I've always had a soft spot for Sleeping Beauty, perhaps mainly on account of the music.

Do you prefer your doctor to be of the same sex or the opposite sex, or does it matter to you?
    Last edited by Findswoman, May 13, 2014
  22. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    Doesn't really matter to me, though for some more, uh... private exams, I'd prefer the same gender.

How important to you is bedside manner?
  23. Findswoman Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Quite important, because I'm a tender-hearted person by nature who values empathy and sympathy. (Perhaps for this reason I never got much into House, as much as I like Hugh Laurie.) Of course, the most optimal situation is for good bedside manner to be combined with competence—and if one has to choose either good bedside manner or competence (God forbid!), I'd have to choose competence!

Same question.
  24. Gamma626 Jedi Master

star 2
    It's mildly important, but to be fair I haven't met many people in person that didn't have good bedside manner. I've lived a pretty lonely life.

Do you have any franchise loves outside of Star Wars? (Harry potter, LotR, etc)
  25. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    Pokemon, various DC properties, Ren & Stimpy.

Same.
Moderators: Skiara