main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Getting To Know You Thread...Ask A Question Answer A Question Game (Version 2.0)

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by MasterMonkey13, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theodore Hawkwood

Theodore Hawkwood Jedi Master star 2

Jun 17, 2014
    Mineral Ice or Icy Hot or any of those balms for muscle soreness for the occasional day I overdo it weight lifting.

What's your favorite non-Star Wars film?

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I have to pick just one?? D:

Fine, fine... The Ultimate Cut of Watchmen.

Same question.

3. mecaka

mecaka Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2014
    My favorite non-SW would be either Frozen, How to Train Your Dragon 2, or The Amazing SpiderMan 2. I am such a nerd for Disney and Dreamworks, and Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man is amazing.

If you were forced to pick one sport to watch for the rest of your life, what would it be?

4. Theodore Hawkwood

Jun 17, 2014
    Rugby.

And what are your top five favorite novels in the Expanded Universe?

5. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Hoo boy, tough one... In no particular order: Death Troopers, Red Harvest, and the Tales anthology series. There, that covers all five.

Same question.

6. Theodore Hawkwood

Jun 17, 2014
    My favorites:
    1. Republic Commando - Triple Zero
    2. Paradise Snare
    3. Hutt Gambit
    4. Rebel Dawn
    5. Courtship of Princess Leia
    Same question for any others.

7. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    No particular order:
    - Shadows of the Empire
    - Hutt Gambit
    - Heir to the Empire
    - Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina
    - Darth Plagueis

Have you read the Dark Empire Trilogy?

8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    No, afraid not. I think I may have taken a quick look at the comic version a while ago, though.

What's your favorite thing to order at Chipotle (or Panchero's, or Qdoba, or similar TexMex-style chain eatery)?

9. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    A: Pork Verde

Q: What is your favorite vegetable?

10. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Hmm... I'm gonna go with carrots.

What was the first concert you attended?

11. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    A: It was either Bryan Adams or Mötley Crüe(was a long time ago and don't exactly recall).

Q: Favorite Star Wars weapon?

12. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Other than lightsabers, I've always been intrigued by the various electrostaff/shockstaff weapons (e.g., those carried by Imperial guards, Senate guards, Gand findsmen, etc.). They don't seem to get used a lot, though I may not have been looking in the right places.

What's the one outfit from SW you wish you had in your own closet?

13. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Hmm... I'm gonna say Mandalorian armor with bounty hunter accessories included. :) I like Jedi attire as well.

Did you attend the midnight showing of any Star Wars movie?

14. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    No (yes, I know... bad geek! :p ), but I did go to one of the "midnight madness" events at Toys R Us when the Episode 2 action figures came out.

Same question in case someone answers in the affirmative.

15. Malcolm Reynolds

Malcolm Reynolds Jedi Master star 5

Sep 2, 2013
    i do not but would

do you like exploring cities?

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    With friends. I don't go exploring in cities alone unless I'm familiar with the area to some degree.

Same.

17. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    I very much love exploring cities. If it's a city whose language I know, I very much enjoy exploring alone—that way I can take as much time as I want and change plans on impulse ("ooh, used bookstore! Time to spend an hour browsing!") without it being too much of a jar to anyone else (also, being alone is just such a special treat for me these days). Though if I'm in a city where I don't know the language (as on my one weekend in Paris), I do like having a friend along who does and whom I can count on to do all the talking.

Same, because it's such an interesting question.

18. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    I adore exploring any kind of scape, city-scapes included. I think they're beautiful and fascinating. Whether I go alone depends on if I know the language or not. If I do know the language, I like to go alone so that I can do what I'd like while I'm there.

Same. This really is a fascinating question.

Findswoman likes this.
  19. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    I am extremely keen on exploring cities whenever the opportunity presents itself, more so those that are overseas from the U.S. and maintain their cultures' traditional garb, scenery, architecture, etc. It is wicked cool to see different local customs manifested throughout various locations. Some specific sites that I adore are firstly, in cities throughout Tokyo the Cherry Blossom Festivals which are a wonder to behold, then there are, of course, in locales such as Vegas scintillating light displays at night which are resplendent, not to mention any area one gets to overlook the ocean is gorgeous. I am mostly familiar with Japanese, Polish, Greek, French and Chinese (somewhat Hawaiin & less so Spanish, Russian & Scottish, but I am striving to rectify that) languages though, and as such during travel I usually tend to migrate toward the areas with which those dialects are more prevalent lest I get lost, and cannot ask anyone for directions. Touring metropolitan settings is an excellent way to sooth the soul, so to speak.

Same.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  20. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I will explore any city anywhere, as long as I have a camera and a map (preferably in one of the languages I speak). I like that each place is unique. It makes them extremely fun to explore. :)
    If I had to choose....I would really like to explore super-modern cities or the ruins of cities. Cities that are a fusion of both old and new are great too - I echo JTD, the cities with culture and history intact are incredible, I love to feel like I have stepped into a complete new world.

Same.

Shira A'dola likes this.
  21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    As I grew up in and around small towns, I'm more comfortable in them and will readily explore them. Small cities I'll explore. Large ones... not so much. I'm too much of a wide-eyed country bumpkin when you drop me into a big city.

What is your favorite footwear?

22. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    A: My Birkenstocks. :D

Q: If you could only have the music of five bands/singers/musicians, what five would you choose?

23. It Is Your Destiny

It Is Your Destiny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2014
    Wow. Tough question. Determined by my current mood, here's what I'd select now:
    - Billy Joel, Elton John, The Beatles, Ben Folds & Bruce Springsteen

If you could own only ONE album, what would it be?

24. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    The Wall.

What are you doing right now, besides reading this?

25. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Sifting through one of my folders of organ music looking for a piece someone requested on the Facebook Organists' Association, while listening to my four-year-old not getting ready for bed like he should. Sigh.

Same question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.