main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Getting To Know You Thread...Ask A Question Answer A Question Game (Version 2.0)

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by MasterMonkey13, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Well, my own personal favorite is the original Star Trek (don't judge :p ). I was fond of Deep Space Nine for a while too, though after a point I stopped following it. Though I remember seeing at least one very interesting Outer Limits episode that I quite liked, too, about a woman who accidentally gets duplicated in the course of making a "jump" to another planet, and the ethical struggle the jump manager person has with deciding whether or not to terminate the copy of her that remains behind.

Ever had a major surgery (as in, something that required full anesthesia)?

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Despite it being an outpatient procedure, my eye surgery required full anesthesia.

Do you like to make jewelry of any kind?

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    I enjoy a bit of beading when I get the chance, but I haven't really gotten the chance recently other than fixing a few broken necklaces (though I've gotten quite a bit better at handling a jeweler's pliers than I was). At antique fairs and the like I'm always on the lookout for interesting coins or medallions to use as pendants on leather cords.

Same question.

4. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I like to braid, mainly, and perhaps do a bit of beading. Haven't done anything major, though I like neat pendants, too. Most of the stuff I've made nowadays were those bracelets made from little rubber bands.

Same.

5. Linwë Alcarin

Linwë Alcarin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2014
    No, not really :) I don't have enough time and patience for it :)

Imagine... You eet a guy with a blue phonebox called Tardis. He introduces himself as the Doctor and tells you that the phonebox is in fact a spaceship and a time machine. The Doctor asks you WHERE and WHEN would you like to go. What would it be :)?

6. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    That would definitely be quite a temptation. There's any number of times or places I would love to visit to get answers on various questions related to my musicology scholarship: Hamburg, Germany around 1600, for example. But in the end I think I would choose just about any time and place where I could meet one or both of my late grandfathers.

Same.

7. Linwë Alcarin

Jan 28, 2014
    I think Victorian England would be great... Or renaissance Italy. If I could, I would choose some beautiful far away planet. I'm not sure...

Same

8. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Paris circa 1950, dancing in a bar américain in Saint-Germain-des-Prés ;)

Same question.

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I would ask him to take me to E-Space so he can finally retrieve Romana & K9 and get his best crew back.

Coffee or tea?

10. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Coffee

Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts Coffee

11. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    (Sorry, answered the wrong question due to simultaneous posting!)

To "Coffee or tea?": Tea, Thai, iced. ;) Or, if it's cold, tea, herbal, anything involving mint (or else Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime).

To "Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts?": I'm not much of a coffee drinker, so I don't have a preference in that particular area. Though maybe Starbucks for atmosphere.

While we're on café topics: Favorite flavor syrup for coffee, Italian sodas, etc.?

12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Hazelnut for coffee. Or mint. Eh, just load it with mint and I'll drink it.

Same.

13. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Argh. No flavour syrup in coffee. The only *real* coffee is black, bitter coffee. ;)

Continental, English or American breakfast? (it's morning out here and I'm hungry.)

14. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Whatever includes bacon, I am in. :D
    (Not sure the differences in any of them.)

Comic Sans or Times New Roman? ;)

15. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    I love Comic Sans! :D

Chinese or Indian food?

Iron_lord and revan772 like this.
  16. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Yes. :D

Back to fonts for a moment: favorite serif font other than Times New Roman? (By which I mean things like Garamond, Palatino, Galliard, Baskerville, etc.)

17. Linwë Alcarin

Jan 28, 2014
    1st question:
    100% Chinese <3 :D

2nd question:
    Century Gothic and Gigi, I guess :)

Fave features on a guy :)? (No dirty stuff, please :) )

18. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    You don't need to answer all the questions, just the last one is okay, folks. :)

Iron_lord likes this.
  19. Linwë Alcarin

Jan 28, 2014
    I know :) I just answered the wrong question and I was too lazy to delete it :p

20. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Mostly face, but also hands and shoulders (i.e., all the parts that are good for hugging and kissing).

Same question.

21. Linwë Alcarin

Jan 28, 2014
    Cheekbones, eyes, smile, hair, hands, legs :)

Most disguisting food you've ever tried?

22. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Yorkshire pudding. No offense to Brits, but it was awful.

Did you or your significant other do your military service, and did you have a choice about it?

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    No and yes.

Same.

24. KnightOfGrey

KnightOfGrey Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2014
    No. My dad did but not me.

What was your first car?

25. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Honestly... Matchbox. :) As for a drivable vehicle, I've never truly owned one. We always shared among the household. There have been many Toyotas and Hondas.

What was your favorite toy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.