main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Getting To Know You Thread... What Did You Do Yesterday?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    @Bazinga'd we would travel well together since I tend to quote GoT’s too. [face_laugh]

Yesterday I had the Grand half of the day, so he went to work with me for a few hours and then did some shopping. The old man prepared a delicious dinner and then watched some play off hockey.

PCCViking and Bazinga'd like this.
  2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
  3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    let me think about that...no. :p

Got up at 4.15am and drove 45 mins down the coast with my husband and son to meet my daughter and her husband, my brother and his wife and two kids and my other brother and his wife to stand at the War Memorial for Dawn Service along side my father, a Vietnam Veteran. Dad is getting on now and my nephew brought a fold up stool, which he had to sit down on four or five times during the service. His kids and grand kids standing proudly around him. Then home to his place where mum awaited us at 7am with a huge pile of bacon and eggs, English muffins and sausages with tomato. An incredible start to the ANZAC Commemoration Day.

Sarge and Kyber Acyk like this.
  4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Sounds reasonable to me. :p

Yesterday...I know I did stuff, but all I recall was the nap I took.

Bazinga'd and PCCViking like this.
  5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Lots of stuff done yesterday, my favorite part being the new lightweight brake rotors and summer wheel and tires on my car, which is now about 100 pounds lighter.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Started back at school after an extended vacation and learned about several new projects. I am not looking forward to it.

7. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Shopped for provisions, had a nap, and an excellent meal prepared by the hubs.

8. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Yesterday... I waited for people bending the knee to Baz and me.

[imagine an image of a very old lady with dust and cobwebs over her clothings and hair]

...still waiting...

[face_plain] [face_laugh]

What I really did yesterday... working and being at a meeting.

Somehow I have the feeling that the first "yesterday version" about waiting would have been more interesting. [face_laugh]

9. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Technically the first thing I did was in the morning: watched Avengers: Infinity War (just after midnight, so it was technically Thursday); worked, then relaxed.

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Got up, went to archery, came home put on a costume and drove 40 mins to a quiz night and got home around 11.30 pm went to bed at midnight then was up again at 7. Drove 50 mins just in time to catch my brother making his tandam parachute jump we (family) gave him for his 50th, the drove back, got changed and went to a Dutch Festival with my husband (whom I met 30 years ago today) then home to have a quick dinner. Out after that to see Avengers - Infinity Wars with husband and Son! Full weekend, but considering bed now.[face_tired]

11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Put a leather wrap on my steering wheel. It feels much better than the vinyl.

12. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Walked around a small lake for some exercise, then worked.

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    New personal record for my car: 0-60 mph in 5.4 seconds. Previous record was 5.5. Still have a few more aftermarket parts to install and hope to get it down into the low 5's this summer.

14. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Worked out; watched The Avengers on DVD; saw Peter Rabbit at the cheap theater.

15. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Had lunch with my family and did touristy things in our home area.

16. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Okay, knie ich mich halt hin, wenn dich das glücklich macht.

*umständlich auf die Knie geh

And yesterday I did the same as today basically, being worried and worn out.

Last week I was already low on energy due to the constant lack of kindergarten staff. Somehow just my Turkish colleague & me had to manage 3 creché groups á la 8 children. (That is more than 3x 24 nappy changes. Not to forget about documentation and other important tasks.)

I laugh in the face of German politicians who promise us the situation will improve and that there will be more money & personnel. Right.

The situation at work was already bad in October 2017 when I got transferred from another kindergarten.

How I found the energy to watch the Marvel movie with my husband on Friday evening was a miracle to me.

The weekend went by in a blur, filled with work on tax forms and other important paper stuff.

Today does not feel like Monday and somehow it is the bleakest "Walpurgisnacht" ever.

Therefore @Skiara thanks for making me smile about your April Fool´s prank earlier on.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Went to the Mets/Braves game after work yesterday. Most of the excitement occurred in the first and last innings. I'm really a Yankees fan but my brother was in town and we got free tickets through a voucher from a special food event that I went to a couple of weeks ago in Manhattan. Still had a good time and the weather was fine here.

18. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Worked out, bought some clothes (including three shirts for my workouts).

19. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Thats a bannable offense. :p No Yankee fan should ever step foot in Citifield. I am a die hard Mets fan, who believes that fans of NY's other team should stay in the Bronx. :p Seriously though, I am glad you had a good time.

Oh what did I do yesterday......I almost threw a book into my TV as the Mets lost the game.

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Stayed in bed all day, with a rotten cold. I spent a lot of time sleeping and a bit sulking! :p

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I wrote a 3 page paper on my ideal classroom if I were an early childhood educator.

22. BatuurGuide

BatuurGuide Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2018
    Worked from home and managed to get a fair bit done. I also was able to spend some time with my little dude. Dropped him off at school, picked him up, and played outside. We managed to take advantage of the first nice day of the season here in the Midwest.

23. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    I finally finished my third university assignment last night and then spent some time playing video games and reading to wind down.

24. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Watched my grandson, and then went to bed early.

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Went to the doctor, then got my nails done, then went to the grocery store.

Sent from X Wing in Deep space.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.