main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Getting To Know You Thread... What Did You Do Yesterday?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    I've been stabbing the hammers of a concert grand piano with needles to make the sound softer for recording this afternoon. I jabbed a needle under a fingernail in the process and am now officially at wimp status.

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Went to the symphony. The concert started with Mendellssohn's Hebrides Overture and ended with his Italian Symphony. Those were two of his best works.

3. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Funnily enough, I played his first Piano Trio in a promotion concert last month. That is one hell of a piece if you don't know it. Bloody difficult third movement.

4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Yesterday I slept in and then caught up on errands.

5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Almost yesterday. Took up three pairs of pants, then cleaned my sewing room, washing then kitchen. I pulled the vacuum apart and cleaned it then did some work on my new cosplay.

Jedi Knight Fett and PCCViking like this.
  6. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Yesterday I slept over 2 hours after coming back from work and grocery shopping with my parents, after my 2-hours-nap, I just chilled.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Wish I'd slept last night..........bloody dog

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes I have.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    My son started University at the start of the year, and ignored emails from the Uni asking for his tax file number so his education costs would be covered by the govt. Till the day came when he was booted from University. [face_waiting][face_plain] His parents were thrilled...........NOT. A lot of phone calls were made by his mother who has gotten him back in for second semester, but now he's like a slug around the house with no job waiting for July..... Do I look happy?o_O

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Hopefully he gave you something extra special for Mother's Day in appreciation.

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    With no job? Pair of earrings he got at the Medieval fair I paid for him to go too....... He's applying for jobs, when I tell him too. If I didn't say anything he'd be gaming till 3am, sleeping till 12 midday and living on junkfood. [face_plain]

12. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Yikes! I’d be moving him to a dorm so he can see what life outside the nest is like. :( It did wonders for one of my kids that wasn’t very motivated. She discovered how she liked working and having funds to do things. Hang in!

Yesterday I spent the day playing with my grandson. The highlight of the day was cuddling and napping together.

PCCViking likes this.
  13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Spent time today with my Mother shopping. Amusing. She started talking to strangers thinking they were me and later she tossed a coat hanger (accidentally) at another woman. I did giggle. She showed me her list and she got ONE thing on it!!! LOL It was fun though.

It costs around $15,000 to board in Uni here and we just dont have that and if you live within 90 of the University, the Govt wont cover it either. Can't even get student allowance for him cause he lives with his parents. :(

14. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    I finished my travel writing article for my third assignment - a bit over 2500 words about my 2012 trip to the Normandy battlefields. I am glad that is finally over and done with.

And when I started studying at university in 2010 Adalia, it was the same for me - since I lived at home (and still do), I missed out on the Student Living Allowance.

15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Washed my car. Still waiting for more parts. [face_waiting]

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Got my year book and also hung out with some toddlers during our schools field day (basically students milk about a field all day) the music was to loud so I just ended up hanging out with a bunch of 1 & 2 year olds.

17. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    I celebrated Norway's national day

18. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Waited for Sarge to come wash my car too. :p

Jedi Knight Fett, PCCViking and Sarge like this.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Don't hold your breath. Or do. What do I care? :p

20. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    That sounds awfully Dark. :D

Jedi Knight Fett and Sarge like this.
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Saw the Studio Ghibli animated feature, "Porco Rosso" at the theater yesterday afternoon. I have the movie (along with about a dozen or so others in the Ghibli collection) among my home video library, but haven't seen it on the big screen. The film was supposed to start at 1, but while the screen was blank we could hear the audio of the picture. About five of us from the audience went out to scream at the next theater crew member we saw. About 15 minutes later they restarted the movie over again, this time with the projector's view turned on.

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    A few years ago, I read an article about a pilot who was building Porco Rosso's plane just so he could have it and fly it. I don't know if he ever finished it. That would be a long-term project; he might still be working on it.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well this is a model version of the plane I found on YouTube.

24. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Had a very long day that ended by being one of the best days, and worst days ever.

Also, I had a delightful lunch with dear friends.

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Ironed shirts, made quiches, did shopping, made dinner and headed 40 mins down the coast to shoot an indoor Archery Tournament. Got distracted at half time break, lost focus and bombed, was on fire before that, not happy..........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.