main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Getting To Know You Thread... What Did You Do Yesterday?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yesterday I.... wasted money on sheer frivolity. I decided to win a bidding war on ebay at any cost for pure rubbish that I want to reclaim from my childhood. I also went to the park because the weather wasn't terrible. Hiked the Wissahickon. Bought a new computer for work purposes and spent a gazillion hours setting up everything. Won my ebay auction.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Yesterday I ... went to work and came home a little early (sinus infections are super-fun). I raced to the library to pick up a book because it was the last day of my hold. Got there right as they were locking the doors, and the librarian let me in, which was nice. Caught up on Once Upon a Time and went to bed.

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  3. Specs

Specs Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2012
    Yesterday, I had my first official day of winter break. Got the house to myself all day 'cause my little sister was at school, my mom left to visit my older sister in another state, and my dad was at work...4 states away. So, how did I kick off my month away from school and my day without my crazy family? Cleaning. But it was fun, anyway, 'cause I sing while I work, which makes everything fun (plus, the cats seem to like it).

NYCitygurl likes this.
  4. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Nice! I love days like that (which I have for a bit now, as I'm housesitting :D ).

Yesterday, I ... considered calling in sick so I could spend time with the cat, got over myself and babysat, watched by beautiful basketball team lose in overtime, and went to a party. Then I crawled back in bed with the cat (where I still am--it's kinda hard to type like this :p )

Admiral_Volshe and Specs like this.
  5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Yesterday, I...

...called to refill my meds. Then, I sequestered myself in Photoshop, drew a t-shirt design, popped that onto Zazzle, and ordered my brother a gift.

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Yesterday, I...

...planned to work on house-cleaning today. Now, it's evening and nothing is done - the whole developed compeletly different as it was supposed to - as usual. lol :p

7. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Yesterday, I...

...had my meds delivered. Then, I went to a neighborhood holiday party.

8. MandoBones

MandoBones Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 2, 2012
    Yesterday, I...

...worked all day, then got yelled at and almost kicked by a psych patient. Fun times.

9. Specs

Specs Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2012
    Yesterday, I...

...started filling out the paperwork to get my name changed.

10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Yesterday, I...

...did work instead of unpacking presents. :p

11. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Yesterday, I...

...made key lime cheesecake and whipped cream

12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Yesterday, I...

...slept because I wasn't feeling well.

13. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    ...dito!

...slept all day long, since I am ill. :(

Get better soon, TrakNar!!

14. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    Yesterday I...

...recovered from shoveling snow, and it's snowing again today[face_bleh]

15. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Yesterday, I...

...did laundry.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yesterday I...

...set up my new remote controlled K9 and geeked out whenever he said "Affirmative". Packed for a mini-roadtrip I am taking beginning sometime after midnight this evening to do an instore appearance and give away free sketches... gonna be fun. I and another cohort pick a random city that isn't too far away and show up on 'new comic day' to do this once a year. Sat at a sushi bar getting bloated on barley tea and rolls for about 3 hours. Took a long, long walk around the city because the air was nice. Checked in on my mother. Spoke with my cousin Colleen about a problem she is having. Did laundry. Talked with Bean in a message on here for awhile about being a civil servant here in WNU, which I am privileged to do. Watched a few films and complained when my neighbors were still making noise 50 minutes after midnight. My company and I discussed my mocking hatred of celebrating something as insipid as changing our calendar. I eventually saw them out and went to bed.
    [​IMG]

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  17. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    Yesterday, I...

...was still in 2012.

NYCitygurl likes this.
  18. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Yesterday I...
    ...drove for 12 straight hours. Another locally based comics artist and I decided to drive to Ohio/Indiana and visit some comic shops over 2 days to do sketches and hang out. It was fun, but the drive was merciless. I was "moderating" WNU from rest stops along Route 70 and the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

19. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Yesterday, I ...

... went to work, got Starbucks with a co-worker, visited my grandma, babysat, and cuddled with a cat.

20. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    Yesterday, I...

...did some housework.

21. Darth Cadaverous

Darth Cadaverous Jedi Padawan

Dec 29, 2012
    Drove 300miles them called a day, then eat a late lunch/early dinner, while i checked the forums and then got onto Eve Online for the evening while i chatted with my gf on Skype. Now going to drive another 300 towards Brandon,MS. :)

22. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    Yesterday, I...

...made lamb stew.

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Yum!

Yesterday, I ...

... babysat, visited my grandma, and watched Psych.

24. RERUN

RERUN Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2013
    Yesterday
    I got up at 5am ,drove with my youngling 80km to a BMX race meeting
    Watched said kid roll the track and get beat(which is cool as I just want the mini me to have fun)
    Drove back around lunchtime to visit the hugs n kisses in hospital after minor surgery..
    Got home around 3.30 and went for a swin as it was freakn hot
    Cooked dinner for the offspring and then sat on my fat arse and watched Futurama
    Busy day,slept like a baby

25. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    Uhm, yesterday I.. spent the entire day on the couch hungover after a pretty late christmas party with the job. Also caught the flu. So, planning on doing some more couch-ing today, tomorrow and the day after that too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.