main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Getting To Know You Thread... What Did You Do Yesterday?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Yesterday I went out to dinner with the fam and had a really nice time with everyone :)

2. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Slept in! That's been a rarity in the last few years. Went to my best buddy's where we talked recent music and he loaned me a few albums. Groceries. Bought two new releases at the record store. Made meatballs. Read a bit. Sampled a little of the borrowed tunes.

Saturday night's main event: I turned out the lights, put on the headphones and pressed play on Lost in the Dream.

And that's about all that's fit to print.

3. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Oldest Daughter's birthday party. She turned 14. Did the usual birthday stuff, and then after she told me she wanted to date, I went out and bought a shotgun. :p

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Started AC IV which is hella fun yo.

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Yesterday, I...

...slept in.

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    The first part is really sweet! The second had me laughing out loud :p

Yesterday, I hung out a bit with the little sis and the roommate (and didn't knock a single thing off my to-do list 8-} ).

Bazinga'd likes this.
  7. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    Yesterday I sent in a whole bunch of internship inquiry responses, got a reply back, planned for my trip to England and other stuff that isn't nearly as interesting.

NYCitygurl likes this.
  8. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Yesterday........I had a lightsaber duel with my 12-year old daughter.

9. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Yesterday, I...

...didn't do a whole lot. Went for a few walks when my upset stomach would allow, and I found a male box turtle.

10. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Yesterday I meet Chilla around 5:30 pm and went to buy a birthday present for one of my kindergarten kids. Then we took a bus to my place & I showed her around proudly. She liked it a lot, but was also worried about the extremely bad neighbourhood.

I chatted a while with her & accompanied her back to the city centre. There she had Chinese for dinner and I just drank a ginger tea.

When I came back I went on-line for a long time, having a library DVD on in the background: Dexter, season 1, 1st DVD

But all the gang activities close to my living-room windows & later on my bedroom windows made it hard to find decent sleep.

11. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Took care of sick wife, watched a few Clone Wars episodes, finished Heir to the Empire.

12. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I wrote and refined my tribute tale summary. Jotted down some possible character names. A lot of thinking and some cleaning.

13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Yesterday, I...

...went to Phenomacon, which is a paranormal convention. Attended a few panels, got a few things, and now I'm going to settle down with a book about haunted asylums.

14. numinouseris

numinouseris Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2014

This sounds like...the best day! Seriously, I wish I knew of something like that around me.

Yesterday I went to my classes despite feeling like crap and then came home and curled up on the couch to fend off this sore throat, and happened on these forums. Can't believe it took me so long! Today looks like more of the same, but it's raining out which makes me feel even better about looked like a Jawa in my blankets on the couch.

TrakNar likes this.
  15. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Yesterday, I...

...didn't do much. Today, I woke up with a very sore back and it's raining out, so I may end up looking like a couch-bound Jawa myself. :p

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I watched 12 Years a Slave for the second time in my film lab.

17. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Yesterday evening was the beginning of Passover, so after coming home from work, I helped my mother with some cooking and various preparations, then partook of a pleasant, low-key little family seder, then helped clean up afterwards as the Findshusband put the little guy to bed. Did some organ practicing too.

18. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Request permission to resurrect thread...? :D

Yesterday, in addition to the usual work and family stuff, I went out for coffee with my real estate agent (he occasionally invites us out to check in on how we're liking our house, etc.). I also tried to make falafel for dinner but had a good quantity of it fall apart on me in the frying pan.

19. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    I deep-cleaned the house for a showing we got an offer for. After that I signed the lease for my new flat and went to a drive in theatre for a double showing of HTTYD 2 and Maleficent.

20. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Yesterday the bathroom nearly was completed and I discovered my tribute words are still wrong.

21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Yesterday, I...

...hung out with my brother. We practiced our chucking, and played games. We finished Saya no Uta, which he really didn't want to finish due to certain scenes, but since I'm relatively immune to the tentacle hentai, I gave him the courage to tough it out. Then, we discussed quantum theory while walking down the road to visit my grandma. We also played some more Ace Attorney.

22. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Quantum theory?? :eek:

Yesterday... I slept a lot, went food shopping and did a tiny bit of sport.

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    My brother and I are big science nerds.

Anywho, yesterday, I...

...did some laundry. I didn't do a whole lot.

24. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Really! Nerds! :p

Yesterday... I did some laundry as well and a nice walk and some other stuff.

25. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Yesterday, I...

... had a leg wax! I can wear shorts with impunity now! Hooray! :D

OK, sorry if that's TMI. But it is nice to be back in shorts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.