Getting to know you thread

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by TheWampas1138, May 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hmmmmm.....

If you could have any superpower what would it be: invisibility

Here's some more for your consideration:

(Added) Favorite Scents or Smells: frankincense and myrrh, old fashioned roses, chai, coffee, fresh cut grass, a man wearing cologne

(Added) Least Favorite Scents or Smells: Milwaukee's slaughter/stock yards on a hot summer day, cigarette smoke, farts

(Added) Favorite Sounds: birdsong, cat's purr, wind through pine trees, absolute silence

(Added) Least Favorite Sounds: gun shots during hunting season, crying babies, whining children, cell phones (particularly in public places), people talking in movie theaters

2. SySnootles Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh, I have to be the smart-alec and ask Leslie, does that mean you like the sound of gun-shots when it's not hunting season?

I'm sorry. I just saw that part and couldn't help myself. I mean no ill will.
  3. LeiaYT1300 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Color: Red and brown

Desert: French Silk Pie

Food: Chinese

If you could have any superpower what would it be: Telepathy/telekinesis/mind-control--in short, mind powers! :)

Favorite Scents or Smells: Lavender, cinnamon, lilac, coffee, Coco Chanel perfume, my dad's pasta sauce, sheets fresh from the dryer, cedar, sandalwood, popcorn, my mom's Xmas cookies, chocolate, roses

Least Favorite Scents or Smells: body odors of any kind, garbage, the stink from the decomposing gunk on the lakeshore, animal odors

Favorite Sounds: spring birdsong, thunder, the house creaking in the wind

Least Favorite Sounds: Car horns, telephone ring, doorbell, the people upstairs blaring their music
  4. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    If you could have any superpower what would it be: the ability to stop time. (Think about it...you could have time to do EVERYTHING you ever wanted.)

Favorite Scents or Smells: fresh cut grass, right after it rains, whatever cologne my friend Noah wears, burgers and brats on the grill in the Parking Lot of Lambeau, blood(weird, I know...)

Least Favorite Scents or Smells: BO, the smell of Kaukauna that comes down to Oshkosh sometimes when the wind is right (paper plants)

Favorite Sounds: lightsaber being ignited, the 20th Century Fox intro, SW theme, crowd at a Packers game, crowd at an Admiral's game, my car starting, the loons on the lakes up north, my dog barking

Least Favorite Sounds: crying babies, whining children, people talking in movie theaters, cell phones in movie theatres, tornado sirens, feedback from a mic, my dog barking
  5. TheWampas1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Favorite Scent or Smell: Freshly blown out candles, Dunkin Donuts store, fresh bread

Least Favorite Scent or Smell: burnt popcorn or even a popcorn bag long after popping, ammonia/pine sol.

Favorite sounds: 20th Century Fox theme, Rain, Harleys, Sebulba's pod racer

Least favorite: Any cell phone or beeper, alarm clocks, that noise that "It's Pat" makes on SNL.

Dwayne
  6. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    "Oh, I have to be the smart-alec and ask Leslie, does that mean you like the sound of gun-shots when it's not hunting season? I'm sorry. I just saw that part and couldn't help myself. I mean no ill will."

No problem...

Actually, yes, depending where the gun shots are...like in certain parts of Milwaukee at any time of day. :)

But, to be honest, I actually do like the sound of machine gun fire as well so that could be added to my favorite sounds (and the sound of military helicopters like the Apache)...but that is because I am an army brat and love all things military. :)

7. TheWampas1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    While I was at work, since I have nothing to do with my brain, I thought of another question:

If you could travel to any period in time, future or past and observe without interacting or recording, to what time or moment would you go? In other words, you couldn't go and stop Hitler, couldn't record what happened to Jimmy Hoffa, couldn't invest $1000 in Microsoft stock the day it opened. You can only watch.

So that brings the new questions to:

Pets:

Color:

Favorite Smell:

Least Favorite Smell:

Favorite Sound:

Least Favorite Sound:

If you could have one super power what would it be?

If you could travel to any period in time, future or past and observe without interacting or recording, to what time or moment would you go?

Dwayne
  8. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    If you could travel to any period in time, future or past and observe without interacting or recording, to what time or moment would you go?

That's an easy one for me. I would go back and see the very first production of either "Romeo and Juliet," "Macbeth," or "Hamlet." Any of those would just be AWESOME.
  9. A_New_HopeLily Jedi Knight

star 1
    Pets: A cat named Sassy and two rats, Willow and Tara.

Color: I really dont have ONE favorite color. I have favorite color schemes. My favorite color schemes would have to be the three primary colors (red, yellow, and blue) together (it's like a party for your eyes,) followed closely by Red, yellow, and orange.. I'm definately an autumn girl.

Favorite Smell: Freshly cut grass, vanilla extract, lilacs.

Least Favorite Smell: murphy's soap, the detergent or perfume isles at stores.

Favorite Sound: Rain and Thunder

Least Favorite Sound: ALARM CLOCKS

If you could have one super power what would it be?: Mind control

If you could travel to any period in time, future or past and observe without interacting or recording, to what time or moment would you go?: The original Woodstock
  10. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    If you could travel to any period in time, future or past and observe without interacting or recording, to what time or moment would you go?: Too difficult to choose just one so I have 3 answers - Ancient Egypt, to meet Queen Hatchepsut and really find out what happened to her; the second would be to meet Napoleon; and, the third, to meet Richard III and finally know if he had the princes murdered (which I do not think he did - it was Henry Tudor who ordered their deaths and it was Tudor propaganda against the last Plantagenet king).
  11. LeiaYT1300 Jedi Knight

star 3
    If you could travel to any period in time, future or past and observe without interacting or recording, to what time or moment would you go?:

What a torturous question to ask! I could not possibly decide! I mean, to be a "fly on the wall" to observe the lives of Elizabeth R, Cleopatra (was she really beautiful?), Alexander (was he really blonde?), Julius Caesar, Marcus Aurelius, Eleanor of Aquitaine, Anne Boleyn, and countless others would be a dream come true and I could not possibly choose! To witness the Roman conquest of Britain, to enjoy the markets and bazaars of Byzantium before and after its fall to the Ottoman Empire, to see if Troy truly existed and view the woman buried with the Schliemann gold, to experience the artistic court of Lorenzo de Medici, to see the countless great artists fashion some of the greatest works of art in the world, to view the great library at Alexandria, to see so many architectural wonders fully intact, like the ziggurat at Ur, the Parthenon, countless Roman edifices...!

My God!--my mind is spinning so furiously with the possibilities that I'm dizzy!!! :D
  12. Auraveda Jedi Master

star 4
    Favorite Type of Food: Mexican. Mmmm, nachos!

Favorite Smell: Cooking pizza.

Least Favorite Smell: Burnt beer.

Favorite Sound: Music!

Least Favorite Sound: I'll agree with Cally on this one, ALARM CLOCKS!

If you could have one super power what would it be?: Flying

If you could travel to any period in time, future or past and observe without interacting or recording, to what time or moment would you go?: I'd be a fly on the wall at the Beatles recording sessions throughout the 60's.
  13. TheWampas1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Favorite food: Chinese/Japanese

Favorite desert: Caramel anything

Favorite Smell:
    anise, vanilla, eucalyptus, spring, autumn, when it rains or snows, woods, and water

Least Favorite Smell: skunk, gencon, and compost

Favorite Sound: giggling and violins

Least Favorite Sound:

metal on metal, the sound of pulling something frozen out of the freezer when there's not enough room.

If you could have one super power what would it be?

breathe underwater (like aquaman)

This one is a little weird but it's so easy...Late Jurassic through Late Cretaceous..time of the giants. I'd love to see Dinosaurs.

M
  14. bwing53 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Favorite Food: Chicken Gyro from Oakland Gyros (w/extra cucumber sauce)

Favorite Smell: (tie) Fresh cut grass & a charcoal grill

Least favorite smell: Hospitals

Favorite sound: Moving water (rain, river, waves)

Least Favorite Sound: Rap music played in cars with "kicker boxes" or whatever the hell makes that crap sound all distorted and tinny--what's the point? Loudness? You can't actually HEAR the lyrics!!!

Super Power: The ability to heal myself and others

Place & time: Times Square on VJ day with that ticker tape falling everywhere. That Aaways seemed like the very apex of American spirit and joy to me.

15. TheWampas1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    If I could go to any period in history: One of the things I would like to see is Jesse Owens run at the Olympics, proving all of Hitler's claims wrong, right in front of him. Mostly I'd do that because under my own rules, I couldn't just shoot Hitler. But, I'd probably give up the historical factor and choose a visual feast, and that would be watching Alexander the Great's army. I love his plan for taking down the fort on the sea coast, but I think I would watch one of the large land battles instead. One of the battles where his horsemen and phallynx held back while the infantry broke open the lines separating the opposing forces. I'd watch from Alexander's side, getting all the scout reports, then watch that crazy little midget charge in himself on the horse no one else could tame. That or Samurais, mmm, Samurais.

Dwayne
  16. CaptMereel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey, Beret, most experts think Cleopatra was really homely. Coins issued showing her profile show a large hooked nose and double chin. Also, having been to Egypt and going to the temple at Dendara, which was built by Cleopatra and dedicated to the goddess Hathor, I saw several carvings of her and her son, Caesarion, on the outer walls. Once again, the profile is not very flattering so, personally, I think it was her personality and power that probably attracted men to her. :) This sort of ruins the vision of her looking like Elizabeth Taylor, doesn't it?

(Added) 5 people, alive or dead, real or fiction, you would invite to a dinner party?
    Queen Hatchepsut, Ramses II, Alexander the Great, Napoleon and Antonio Vivaldi. But, if one of those cancelled, I'd then ask the Egpytian god of the underworld, Osiris.

17. LeiaYT1300 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey, Beret, most experts think Cleopatra was really homely.

Yeah, I know--that's why I'm curious as to how close those coins/attributed busts are to the real thing (saw them at the Cleopatra exhibition in Chicago), in conjunction with her "famed" beauty; in short, I would give my eye teeth just to know what she really looked like. But you're right--between the hard evidence gathered and the visual attributions, it probably was personality/power, rather than beauty.

5 people, alive or dead, real or fiction, you would invite to a dinner party? :

Eleanor of Aquitaine, Theodora of Byzantium, Julius Caesar, Simon de Montfort, and Elizabeth I (quite the motley crew, eh? ;) ). But of course, this is one of countless lists I could procure for this question. :)
  18. tello999 Jedi Knight

star 1
    (Added) 5 people, alive or dead, real or fiction, you would invite to a dinner party?

1. Julius Caesar
    2. Alexander the Great
    3. Niccolo Machiavelli
    4. Homer (the author - not Mr. Simpson) ;)
    5. Dante Alighieri
  19. TheWampas1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    My dinner part would be a nerd party:

1.) Carl Sagan
    2.) Albert Einstein
    3.) Charles Darwin
    4.) Stephen Hawkins
    5.) Jacques Cousteau

M

20. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4

1. William Shakespeare (if he really did exist in the playwright sense. There was a man by that name, but no one knows if he actually wrote the plays of William Shakespeare. Confusing, I know.)
    2. Vince Lombardi
    3. St. Patrick
    4. Han Solo
    5. Frodo Baggins
  21. Bishop76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Man, what a bunch of boring dinner parties... ;)

Here's mine:

1) Optimus Prime (and I'd have really small tea cups, so he'd look really funny holding one)
    2) Starbuck (because he'd probably bring booze and fine women)
    3) Britney Spears (not my choice, but Optimus has a thing for her)
    4) Spock (in Pon Farr mode)
    5) Captain Kirk (to fight Spock to the death - I still want to see who would win that battle. This time no interference from Dr. McCoy...)

Jeff
  22. TheWampas1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    ROTFL! I get the mental image of Optimus with a little flowered tea cup and saucer set ( like in toy story). That's freakin' fabulous.

M
  23. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    That's hysterical. LOL
  24. Auraveda Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm, I'd invite

1. John Lennon
    2. Michael Palin
    3. Mozart
    4. Harry Potter
    5. Tom Servo
  25. bwing53 Jedi Knight

star 3
    1) Shakespeare
    2) FDR
    3)Joss Whedon (I have some questions for him)
    4)Snoopy
    5)John Galt
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.