main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Getting to Know Your Fellow Housemates - 20 Questions

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by Jjanda_Solo, Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jjanda_Solo

Jjanda_Solo Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    Well, I was planning to make this thread anyway, but it also happens to play perfectly into our first weekly task. Please, if you would, everybody answer these questions. These will help us to get to know each other and help the people watching get to know us as well. (To make it easy to see the question and answer, just copy/paste the entire questions and then answer them in between the questions (like I've done below).) (And, btw, if there are any questions you feel you can't/won't answer, just skip them and answer the rest anyway. Thanks)

1. What is your real name (as much of it as you're willing to give)?

2. The standard chat question: Age/sex/location?

3. Describe your appearance (height, weight or build, eye color, hair, etc.). If you wish and can you could link to a pic as well, but if you don't then we'll just assume that we're all incredibly good looking and flirt with each other a lot. ;)

4. What are your main hobbies/interests/freetime activities.

5. What is your political persuasion?

6. What is your religious persuasion?

7. What is your current romantic status? Single, dating, engaged, married (and for how long)?

8. What is your favorite color?

9. What is your favorite animal, and why?

10. What is your favorite of the five SW movies, and why?

11. What is your favorite food, or type of food, or foods?

12. Why did you pick the JC screen name you did, and what does it mean?

13. If you had to be either blind or deaf, which would you pick, and why?

14. What grade are you in (or will be in when school starts again)? If applicable, what is your major? If applicable, when did you graduate, how much school did you take before you graduated, what did you major in, and what is your job now?

15. What could someone else in this house do to seriously annoy you?

16. What is the worst injury you have ever sustained?

17. What was your most embarassing moment?

18. Why do you think you were picked to be in the Big Brother house?

19. Is the end of the universe a place or a time?

20. What do you get when you multiply six by nine? ;)

BONUS QUESTION: Tell us some other (or several other) quirky fact about yourself that you think we might want to know.

Okay, here are my answers.

Julie Michelle R. (R being the initial of my last name)

18. Female. Western Washington state, USA.

3. Describe your appearance (height, weight or build, eye color, hair, etc.). If you wish and can you could link to a pic as well, but if you don't then we'll just assume that we're all incredibly good looking and flirt with each other a lot.

I am 5'1" tall and I weight 95 pounds (in other words, I'm quite small and thin). My eyes are kind of blue green, with some gray and also a little brown in them (they're actually a ring of brown around the pupil, then a bit of green/blue/gray, then a ring of blue/gray around the outside of the colored part). My hair is brown and mid-back length. It's a little wavy, but not really curly.

I like to surf the net and post on the JC (obviously). I read a lot, mostly sci fi. Specifically I like Dune, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Lord of the Rings, books by Orson Scott Card, and some other things, as well as Star Wars fan fiction off the net. I also like writing. I write poetry a lot (if I get bored enough I may just post some of it in the house sometime), and I've started a couple of SW fan fics (and finished one short one). I like anything having to do with computers, somewhat. I like chatting on the net and hanging out with people in RL. I am also a shopaholic. There are probably other things I've forgotten.

Probably libertarian would be the closest. Basically I think the government should interfere in our lives as little as possible.

6. W

2. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    LM*AO! less than half a day and we've already got 3 threads exactly the same! Man, it's gonna be a long 12 weeks ;)

Derek James Arsenault (the first)

22/Male/Kinkora, PEI, Canada

3. Describe your appearance (height, weight or build, eye color, hair, etc.). If you wish and can you could link to a pic as well, but if you don't then we'll just assume that we're all incredibly good looking and flirt with each other a lot.

5'10", 175lbs (good shape, work out when I get free time), blue/green eyes, lightbrown hair. No good pics of me online.

Reading, movies, music, beer

Canadian Liberal Party, cause Jean freaking rules :p

Atheist(sp?) The one where you think all religions are fake.

7. What is your current romantic status? Single, dating, engaged, married (and for how long)?

Long-Distance (kinda) relationship with Tara aka DarthBabe

Dunno. Blue I guess.

Dog. Man's best friend.

AotC. Because it just kicks so much ass!

Pizza. Chinese. BBQ.

Cause it sounds cool, and it's the name of Talon Karrde's ship.

hmmm, deaf because at least i could still watch TV/movies and read.

14. What grade are you in (or will be in when school starts again)? If applicable, what is your major? If applicable, when did you graduate, how much school did you take before you graduated, what did you major in, and what is your job now?

Just graduated from college

Badmouth professional wrestling *gives the evil eye*

Broke right wrist

Can't tell you here, family forum. Involves a LOT of alcohol and a car full of girls.

Cause epic knew I'd kick his ass ;)

Time

20. What do you get when you multiply six by nine?

BONUS QUESTION: Tell us some other (or several other) quirky fact about yourself that you think we might want to know.

Purposely failed grade 12 calculus(sp?) to spite my teacher :D

3. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001

Not comfortable giving that one out.

15 (I'm the little one in here. So everyone be nice! ;))/ Female/ USA, CA

I won't post a pic because I don't want too many stalkers. ;) Not to mention that my scanner is broken...However, I can tell you that I am five feet two inches. Excellent shape from dancing. 105 lbs. Brown hair. Brown eyes.

Ballet: 6-9 hours a week.
    Watching movies: (Everyone go see Minority Report!)
    Painting: I mostly do oils.
    Speech and Debate: I compete on both a local and National level. So if anyone wants to debate about governments etc. anytime, let me know. ;)
    Classical Music: Actually, I like most forms of music (Except rap. *shudder*), but classical has always been my favorite. Favorite composers include Chopin and Vaughn Williams.
    Cute guys: Hayden and Ewan, yum! :X

On the conservative side.

Orthodox.

Single. I'm still waiting for that perfect guy to come along. And I have time. ;)

Purple. :D

I love snow leopards and wolves. I simply think they are beautiful animals.

ESB. I believe it is the "deepest" of all the films. The movie touches on wonderful themes and has great symbolism.

Vegetables. I'm vegetarian and have been for the last 5 years. Boo meat eaters! JK JK. :p

This wasn't my first SN. I first registered as "JonesSolo" believe it or not. And then I saw that someone had the name "solojones"... and I didn't want to cause any confusion. So in the end I flipped "Jones" around (Thus, we get Senoj ;) ), added a "Jedi" in the front (I wanted to fit in! Almost everyone had "jedi something or other" in their name! :( ), and put "451" at the end in honor of one of my favorite books. Not too hard to guess which novel that is...hmmm? :p

Deaf. I could still lip read etc. to communicate. If I were blind it would be difficult for me to paint or write. (I'm an aspiring writer... but please do not judge the quality of writing by my posts ;) )

14. What grade are you in (or will be in when school starts again)?

Sophmore in a highschool near you.

Be rude. I like nice people. :)

Sprained a finger in a basketball game.

Don't make me tell! :p

Maybe because there were fewer girls under 18 than guys applying? I have no idea. Also it might be my love of the arts. ?[face_plain]

Time.

Ummmm... I lived in Greece for a year, and can speak Greek fluently. :D

~*Senoj*~

4. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Oh, I also got a tattoo of the ThunderCats symbol on my right shoulder to spite my friend, who didn't think I had the *testicular fortitude* to do it.

5. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Tom Dell

27/M/Ellensburg, WA USA

6'3" 160 lbs., black hair, grey eyes

music(recording, performing and listening, sports(playing and watching), movies, reading, philosophy, the occasional video game, posting at the JC(obviously :D )

i would consider myself liberal but i wouldn't affiliate myself with any particular political party

let's just say undecided ;) :D

married 6 years

GREEN

dogs, they are loyal, loveable and fun to play with, i especially like scottish terriers

ESB with AOTC a close second. i just think ESB is the most complete and most emotionally impacting movie of the saga so far.

italian

deltron_zero is the futuristic alter-ego of one of my favorite hip hop artists, del the funkee homosapien. why did i borrow his name for my own screen name? i really don't know, i guess i just think it sounds cool. :D

blind, i just couldn't live without music

graduated with a BA in philosophy from CWU in the spring of 2000, currently working as a librarian at the same university and considering grad. school

i'll have to think about this, i'm really not easily annoyed

tore the ACL in my right knee wahen i was 19, required two operations and was unable to walk without crutches for 6 months

shoot... um, man i really don't know i was once kicked down the bleachers by a bully in junior high school assembly, that might be it

i have no idea, perhaps there weren't many other applicants in my age group, or who were married w/ kids

a state of mind ;)

54 :confused:

without coffee i'm worthless

//goes to fill coffee cup ;)

6. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000

Starts with an "M"... I share it with a relatively famous actress (take a guess).

21, Female, Minnesota

I'm about 5'8", I have a mesomorphic build (I do alot of swimming and walking), amber colored eyes, chestnut brown hair (which is currently died an auburn color). If you want me to post a picture, I will. :)

I love reading... my favorite subjects are science (particularly biology and astronomy), anthropology, theology, history, psychology, etc. (Currently, I'm reading the Vampire Chronicles.) I also love art, and particularly love using my computer as a tool in this respect. In my free time, I watch films with my hubby, walk, swim, draw, read and lavish attention on my parrot, Beaker.

Tribalist. ;)

I don't like to think of myself as belonging to any particular religion. I'd prefer not to be categorized. However if you wanted to define my philosophy about the universe, I suppose it is in agreement with pantheism more than anything else (I'm a very spiritual person).

Married almost 10 months. :)

Silver.

Any sentient species... upper primates, cetaceans, corvids, psittacines. The possibility of having meaningful communication with a comparable mind of an alien entity is one of my greatest dreams.

ESB. It broke all the rules... the ending was melancholy, the Empire fought back with a vengeance, Darth Vader fulfilled his reputation as the ultimate villain. It was deep, thoughtful, and expanded more on characters we already loved.

Anything will cheese... all kinds. :D

In 1997/98, on the first SW message board I registered with, my username was "Bithsith1" (I wanted something androngenous, and that incorporated my favorite alien species along with Vader's mystical affiliation. Just so happened, it rhymed...) Some of my fellow posters started to call me "Bithy" for short, and it stuck. So, when I came to register here, I decided that I liked that variation of my name better.

Deaf. I easily feel more sensually assaulted by too much noise than too much visual information. I am a visual thinker... I read, I draw... I can't imagine not being able to see. You can still communicate visually if you don't have the ability to hear.

I plan to enroll at U of M for spring semester to begin a BA in Psychology. Right now, I'm working at the accounting department of Cargill Steel.

I'm not easily annoyed, but I don't appreciate intolerance of other people's views and beliefs.

I flipped over my bike handlebars and landed with my spine directly on the top of a fire hydrant... then the bike landed

7. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001

I flipped over my bike handlebars and landed with my spine directly on the top of a fire hydrant... then the bike landed on top of me.

Ouch. That must have hurt. :eek:

Actually, that also reminds me of a Simpsons episode where Homer suffered almost the exact same thing. Anyone see that? [face_laugh]

(Not laughing at your injury, but memories of the episode, Bithy. ;) )

~*Senoj*~

8. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    Believe me, I wince and laugh when I see that episode. I think I screamed more than Homer did when it happened to me, though. ;)

9. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    Yeah, Bithy, I thought that sounded rather painful too. I haven't seen the Simpsons episode though.

10. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    IIRC, Homer was having a fist fight with Bart's "Bigger Brother"

11. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    I should know this, but, what does IIRC stand for?

12. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    If I Remember Correctly

13. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
  14. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    Good questions, writing...

15. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Kerryn

23/F/Brisbane, Australia

I'm 5'9" and about 115 lbs. (I think that's the right conversion!) Basically, tall and skinny. I've usually got long brown hair, but I've had it cut so it just goes to my shoulders now. My eyes change colour, from grey when I'm depressed to bright blue, to green. On average, they're normally green or brown.

Photography, travel, cricket, football, yoga.

This is hard to answer because we don't have the same political system as the US. If there was an election right now, I would vote Labor. I disagree with about 50% of the things that the current governement does.

I'm an athiest.

Single (too long).

The colour a summer sky gets around 6pm, about 5 degrees above the horizon.

Tiger cubs!! Cause they're adorable!

ESB. Unhappy ending, superior Hoth battle, Darth Vader laying the smack down on Luke.

My favourite food would be Vegemite on toast, but seeing as though about 90% of you haven't tried that, I also love Indian and Thai.

It's the creation myth behind Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien, and it's one of those words that conjures up wonderful imagery. Plus, you can shorten it to Sil and I'm not offended.

Deaf. There's way too much stuff I haven't seen in this world yet.

I finished high school in 1995. I took a year off then did 3 years of a Bachelor of Information Technology and majored in Artificial Intelligence and Information Systems. I graduated university in 1999 and I've been working as an internet developer ever since.

Try to convert me to their religion.

Well I had surgery where they purposely broke all of my ribs (if that counts), if not, I've been pretty lucky. No broken bones and only a few scars.

Seriously, I can't remember.

Because I slept with epic. I mean, because I'm outgoing, fun, sometimes controversial and easy to get along with.

A time.

As much as I'd love to say 42, mathematically, it's 54.

Err, it's not quirky, but I've met jediguy and epic!

16. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Interesting people here. Interesting and intelligent answers. I think I'm going to enjoy it more than I initially thought. :)

Casper Dekker. (Actually, that's not really my first name, but when I was 9 I decided to discard my former name because it sounded too "bossy". As a kid, I always used to be the leader of the gang, the frontman, and I associated my name with my "position").

25/Male/Holland

I'm tall, slender yet athletically built (a pic of me grooving in NYC used to grace my bio, but I took it away because it's more fun NOT to know how someone looks), have blonde hair and blue eyes, a tanned skin, and there's photographic evidence of me having two ears.

Psychology, "the Arts", Greek mythology -- and as you can see, they're all related. Sometimes I go out, other times I stay at home, which is what I'm starting to prefer now. And I read a lot.

My heart's on the left, but I'm mainly left when it comes to animal and/or environmental issues. I can be quite conservative.

I wish I could believe in a God, but I just don't. I believe we're like plants: we come, we grow, we die and disappear. I like to believe, but I don't want to fool myself. I have some sympathy for the Taoists, though.

I'm with Nicole since October 2000. But she lives in London, and it's quite hard to make it work sometimes, to be honest.

White.

I love cats, but I love all animals.

It's hard to detach the original films from my childhood, which was sunny and wonderful, so I'm always picking ROTJ. I immensely enjoyed AOTC, though.

Simple Dutch food: vegetables, potatoes, and since I'm a vegetarian: no meat.

The "De" is from "Dekker", the "Bo" from my best friend's last name. We invented it as far back as '90 and used to for all sorts of things we did together. I liked it, and it just stuck. It sounds Star Wars-ish.

I already am blind and deaf, so I'd pick disabled. Just kidding. I'd pick blind, because the silence would drive me mad.

Just finished University, where I did Psychology. I'm thinking of writing a biography on Wilhelm Reich right now; perhaps I'm going to move to Nic's flat in London and she will support me financially. I'm not sure.

Pretend he/she's someone else.

None.

I once had a massive row with someone, and in the middle of my glorious argument I accidently farted; it was probably just the tension and excitement. But man, did that one come inconvenient.

Perhaps my originality, without wanting to sound

17. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000

April Fukengruven

22/F/Vancouver, BC.

Actually, this is a picture of me and Vertical (Ryan) when I went to CT to meet a bunch of my refugees.

Ryan and April

Hiking, swimming, working out, re-reading Harry Potter, SW.... :)

Liberal

Atheist

Dating a fabulous guy for about three and a half years. He's my match.

Green or red...

Cats. They're independent and full of attitude.

AOTC. I was spoiled rotten, but the movie still blew me away. It has everything. It's really a brilliant movie and extremely subtle. I can't say enough about it.

Sushi or Italian!

I first got the internet 7 years ago, when I was 15. The first site I needed a username for, was Nintendo.com, so I wanted to be MissNintendoFan, but that was too long, so I went with MissNinFan. I was 15 and didn't know about NIN, or I probably wouldn't have chosen it.

Deaf. I'm an extremely visual person.

Graduated 5 years ago. Went to college for a couple and decided I didn't know what I wanted to do, so I've just been working and figuring it out.

Use the bathroom for too long. ;)

Well, for my entire schooling years, from K-12, I was very athletic, but lucky, I've never had an injury. No broken bones, no stitches, no scars, so I'd probably have to say, twisting my ankle playing basketball.

I can't parallel park for the life of me and I tried for about 5 minutes holding up everyone on the street. I felt terrible.

Probably because I'm a girl. Heh.

Time.

54, what do you get?

I think cute little yawns are sexy. :)

18. Missninfan

May 6, 2000

Well I had surgery where they purposely broke all of my ribs (if that counts), if not, I've been pretty lucky. No broken bones and only a few scars.

Wow. :( Why would they purposely break your ribs? I can't imagine the pain....

19. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    I had an epidural and a ton of pethadine, but yeah, it hurt like buggery. Maybe that's a story best left till I know you guys a little better.

:)

20. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    No worries. :(

Man, that sucks...

21. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    (no message)

22. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    AOTC. I was spoiled rotten, but the movie still blew me away. It has everything. It's really a brilliant movie and extremely subtle. I can't say enough about it.

Same here. I knew the name of every droid in the background, but still I loved it. My grandfather used to call films like that "pure cinema": an attack on the senses. I didn't know where to look.

23. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    I agree. After I saw it opening night, I knew I had to see it again because it's impossible to absorb it all in one, or even many, viewings. :)

24. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999

Hi, I'm Tashi.

20/Female/Los Angeles, CA

5'1", 130lbs, green eyes, curly red hair. Here's the most recent picture I have where I'm not flipping off the camera. The hair's straight there, but it's not usually. ME

MUSIC. I love music. It's my major, my hobby, etc. I play piano, violin, and I sing. I also like to read and watch movies and go hang out with friends. There's a ton of other things, I'm sure, but I can't think right now.

Don't really have one.

Catholic

Sigh, romance.

Green. It's obviously the best choice.

No clue...I like fuzzy things!

I don't really have a favourite. I like them all. My favourite thing about them is anything having to do with Jedi and their history. I want to be a Jedi!!!

I like Italian, Mexican, and Thai most I guess. That's hard to choose. I like food a lot.

Well my IM name is Speewwy, which comes from Speeeewwww. When I was first setting up my internet account, I was sick and felt like I was going to spew. That was the only thing I could think of.

Blind. I couldn't listen to music if I was deaf.

I'll be a Junior at Loyola Marymount University this fall. I'm a music major and I'll graduate in 2005 so I'll be a Super Senior! I'm staying an extra year because I was sick most of my Freshman year and I'm taking on a second emphasis in my major.

Just be a prick I guess. I'm usually pretty tolerant.

I've sprained both of my wrists about 4 times each...other than that just menstrual cramps. :p

I was an orphan in Annie and I had two solo lines. When it came time for me to do them one night, I changed the words accidentally and it sounded like I was singing about wet dreams. GO ME!

I'm a fun person I guess. I'm pretty friendly and all that. I'm not really sure.

No clue.

I hate math with a passion.

I can sing Row, Row, Row Your Boat in a round by myself.

25. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001

Erik

23/Male/Ri, USA

3. Describe your appearance (height, weight or build, eye color, hair, etc.)

I'm 5 feet 9 inches tall, 180 pounds, normal build(slightly muscular/lean), blue eyes, brown hair.

Baseball, hanging with friends, the net.

Liberal Democrat

None

Single, and enjoying it.

Green

Birds in general, because they can fly.

ESB, because it's dark and exciting. Also, no ewoks/Jar Jar.

Chicken

I don't know. It just seemed Star Warsy

Deaf, cuase I don't enjoy walking into things.

Not in School. I work for CVS as a supervisor on third shift(overnight).

Be an ass

My shoulder was injured playing baseball, but it's better than ever now.

Don't really have one.

Bribery

Thinking about where the universe ends actually makes my head hurt. I would think that it's a place, but what's right after that point?

Bonus: I like algebra and math in general.

Erik

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.