Getting to Know Your Fellow Housemates - 20 Questions

Discussion in 'Big Brother House' started by Jjanda_Solo, Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debo Force Ghost

star 5
    Merci, Jjanda. :)

I wrote a bit about it in the Living Room thread. Basically, it just ended. Neither of us really said anything that ended it, it just ended without words. I didn't bring her to the airport -- I surprised myself with that. I just couldn't do it. It was pretty clear it was over, anyway. But I knew I'd be a bastard if I didn't wave goodbye, but I just couldn't be bothered.
  2. Jjanda_Solo Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, actually, right after I said that I went over and looked at the living room thread and read about it. It does sound like it just kind of needed to end. But it's still kind of sad. Kind of like the situation I'm in now actually. I'm kind of with kind of not with this one guy who I've actually never met except via JC, email, and phone. That's a lot of why the relationship is so uncertain, since we can't real easily meet and all. Plus more, it's hard to explain, so I'll shut up now (I'm not asking for sympathy, just saying I can kind of empathize with what you're going through). :p Long distance is teh suck, as they say.
  3. Debo Force Ghost

star 5
    It is, isn't it. It's so hard to keep it going if it's a long-distance relationship, especially when you're in your final year at University, like I was last year (if you can follow that).

It's almost as if you have to work twice as hard for it. The other one always tends to become a bit of a figure in the sky.
  4. B'omarr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, I'll up this for us intruders, and give you guys a little insight into B'omie's world:

1. What is your real name (as much of it as you're willing to give)?

John Watson. It's pretty common. I have a variety of nicknames: Guru, melon head, and of course, squeegie boy. Actually, most people just call me Watson. I work with three other people named John, and my mom got out of calling me by my first name during her second marriage.

Her second marriage to was to an ass (not a donkey) named Charlie Johnson. He had two sons already, a John and a Charles, which were my first and middle names respectively. As no one else in the house used the name Watson, it stuck.

2. The standard chat question: Age/sex/location?

Sex: I am classified male
    Location: my computer room, in Arlington, a suburb of Fort Worth and Dallas. Most people don't realize it, but Arlington has one of the largest Burger Kings in the world.

3. Describe your appearance (height, weight or build, eye color, hair, etc.). If you wish and can you could link to a pic as well, but if you don't then we'll just assume that we're all incredibly good looking and flirt with each other a lot.

I can just tell you I'm really hot. Bright green eyes, 6'2", 200 lbs. I'm half Native American/half Irish, so that makes for an interesting complextion.

4. What are your main hobbies/interests/freetime activities.

I write a lot. Most of my writing is pure scrap to me though, not many are privey too it. I'm pretty private about some things. Hand in hand with writing, of course, I read a ton. I probably go through a book a week. And I mostly read classics. I'm re-reading Catch-22 at the moment, then I'll read it's sequel, then I'm reading 'A Handfull of Dust', then Fitzgerald's 'This Side of Paradise'.

I'm a toy dork too. I love toys. I'm such a kid. I still buy Transformers, and I've got mostly all of the Star Wars figures ever.

And pinball. I love pinball [face_love]

5. What is your political persuasion?

uh, none really. Independant?

6. What is your religious persuasion?

none. Organized religion bothers me. I always thought that whoever or whatever you worship, it should be more intimate.

7. What is your current romantic status? Single, dating, engaged, married (and for how long)?

Married for a year and a half now. I've been dating the Mrs. since 98. She's my best friend, and probably the only one who knows all my dirty dark secrets. [face_blush]

8. What is your favorite color?

Eh, green I guess. I like them all. They make the world more colorful, obviously.

9. What is your favorite animal, and why?

The walking stick. It's like an organic transformer. Is it a stick, is it an animal?

10. What is your favorite of the five SW movies, and why?

The original (what people call 'A New Hope' now), I still get suspensful during the Death Star run, and the fact that this one movie was completely self-contained, yet spawned another 5 amazes me completely.

ROTJ would be my second favorite. I love happy endings, and there is no way a fan of SW can't feel good at the end of this movie.

11. What is your favorite food, or type of food, or foods?

Tex-mex. [face_love] If I was ever stranded on a deserted island with nothing but flour tortillas, I'd roll myself up in one to make a burrito out of myself and revert to self-cannibalization. Burritos are heavenly.

12. Why did you pick the JC screen name you did, and what does it mean?

A spider robot that carries a brain in a jar. I wish I had one for a pet. I started here at TFN posting only to the collecting forum. After time, I expanded my horizons to a few movie forums, but I got tired of the speculation and rumors. Community ended up being the perfect place where I could just cut loose and be who I am, which is a bit odd.

13. If you had to be either blind or deaf, which would you pick, and why?

I guess deaf. Although neither opt
  5. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
    Cool Watson! :D

Great to get to know a bit more about you. We have marital status, favorite color, and serious injuries to our right knees in common.
  6. Debo Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, welcome again, B'omie! Or Watson.

Naturally, I already knew you because you are one of the DSWMS mates, and started the campaign to open that thread after some fool had locked it.
  7. B'omarr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That knee injury ruined my soccer career. :( I could have been the next Alexi Lalas, bad haircut and all.

I can still run on it, but not consistantly.

But that's enough bellyachin'. It's really not my style.
  8. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
    It was 8 years ago that I tore up my knee. I just recently started running on it again. It feels pretty good. The only time it really hurts anymore is when I have to sit in a car for a long time or something, then it stiffens up pretty bad.

Incidentally, Casper I just realized that you started DSWMS on my birthday. That's kind of cool! :D
  9. Debo Force Ghost

star 5
    I did? Cool, another link!

If we ever have a headache at the same again, we should try and see if we can guess each other's thoughts. :D
  10. B'omarr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I smashed my knee up when I was 13. It's not the worse scar I've got, but it's the most visible.

I was just looking back at some of the older posts in this thread, and for the record. I own two 'Battle of the Planets'/G-Force episodes on DVD. Sometimes, I don't even know how I'm so cool. ;)

11. Debo Force Ghost

star 5
    Battle of the Planets -- now you're cool in our (Kerryn and me) book.
  12. Jedi-Jade Force Ghost

star 4
    1- Do you have a spouse/SO, children; do they or will they share your SW obsession?

Currently, like always, I'm single. But I know that my future husband will appriciate Star Wars, and my kids will watch the movies at a very young age.

2-How long have you been a fan; and when did you become one?

I've been a fan for about 5 years now. I'd never watched any of the films before, and I was babysitting some kids when we decided to watch a movie, and A New Hope, was what we decided on. I loved it so much, I begged the parents to let me borrow ESB and ROTJ so I could finish them up at home.

3-What kind of sci-fi and/or fantasy do you enjoy other than Star Wars? What are your favorite sci-fi and/or fantasy books, movies, and TV?

I'm not into much besides Star Wars, but I do love most of the current "futuristic" films like A.I., Minority Report..ect..

8-What is it about SW and sci-fi and fantasy that appeals to you most? What do you look for in yourself as you enjoy sci-fi and fantasy media? For example, is it the battles and duels that you enjoy, the off-Earth environments and architecture; the aliens and robots; the feelings of fascination and emotion from the showing of stories and environments completely different from our own understood and expected experiences??

I think that the idea I like the most is there is something beyond this Earth. I love the emotion that the movies bring. Love, hate, death, excitment. It makes you want to be a part of that world.

4-What are your hobbies? Do you collect sci-fi memorabilia, write or draw sci-fi and fantasy?

I read and write. I also collect comic books, (I worked at a comic book store for 3 years) I play the violin, piano, and have just started to learn the guitar. I also love to work out and sleep and watch movies.

5-How long have you been posting in Star Wars forums? Why do you frequent these boards? What do you get out of it; and what do you hope to give to others?

If I remember right....the official site had a forum for a while and I think that I started posting there late in 97. But really started posting there in 98, and started posting here at the JC around the same time. I'm not around as much as I used to be here, but I've also gotten a lot more busy.

6-Who were your childhood heroes or role models?

My mother and father. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and my aunt and uncle.

7-What film or TV characters do you slightly or largely resemble in appearance and/or personality and actions?

I get a lot of "YOu look like Natalie Portman, or the girl from She's All That (Rachel Leigh Cook) or Katie Holmes. But I don't see it.

8-Name something you dreadfully fear yet dearly love and enjoy and/or find relaxation and fascination from?

Letting other people in. Opening myself up.

9-At the end of your physical life, what do you most expect or hope to be remembered by, by those outside of close family and friends? And, what message do you want inscibed on your tombstone?

I would just like to be a person that people can think fond memories of. More laughter than tears. A mysterious person, but most of all, a good person and a great friend. I have no clue what I'd like on my tombstone.

10-If you could contribute one aspect of yourself to all of humanity, what would it be?

Uniqness (sp) ((eek!))

11-If a book or movie were to be made about your life, what would you have it called?

"Searching for the One"

12-If you could figuratively ?consume? or absorb three people to gain or understand their particular
    knowledge, attitudes, and insights, who would they be and why?

Uhhhh.......Let me get back to you on that one.

13-Finally, journey back with me to Dagobah. Yoda told Luke, ?Your weapons, you will not need them.? Luke asked, ?What?s in there??, to which Yoda replied, ?Only what you take with you.? What did Yoda want Luke to take with him; and what meaning does Luke?s lesson hold for the rest of us?

He wanted to go in there with only his mind. I think it means that a person can look
  13. Jobo Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey, John, I of course know you. I've been watching you for (almost! yay!) two years now. I know where you've been. I knooooow... Oh, bad news Debo. B'omarr's thread used to open back up DSWMS was.. PRUNED :_|
    _jOBO
  14. Debo Force Ghost

star 5
  15. Jobo Force Ghost

star 5
  16. Bithysith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's been really interesting reading your answers... nice to meet all of you! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.