main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Getting together for New Year's?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthShona, Dec 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    As I'm probably one of the few who never do anything special for New Year's, but since 2005 will be the Year of Star Wars do you think it'd be possible for us to have a New Year's Eve (or close to that date) party? [face_thinking]

2. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Well, I had planned on checking with my rpg group about having them over for the night and I am sure we would love to add any and everyone else interested. I will let you know if the group decides to do a party. (our gaming group is pretty much made of those that started FFRichmond) Even if they do not want to, we can still work something out :)

We generally have video games, board games and cards at our new years parties....And while we have alcohol, we are VERY strict with it. I do have a "how to host a murder" party game that I want to play---i just need more girls ;)

3. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    [face_laugh]!!!

Alrighty then!! Let's get to persuading people to go! :D

4. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Well, we have at least 4 people from our group who are interested in having a New Years Party. If you want to check the group out, click the link in my sig and go to the forums, in the general discussion section is information on our party.

We are looking at times to start, so suggestions would be good. If anyone else is interested, please do let me know :)

5. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    I agree with Phillip, 8 p.m. is a good time for a party like that.

Exactly what kind of gaming do you guys do? RPG? Video? Game board? [face_thinking]

If you do game board games, I've got the Star Wars Trivial Pursuit, Life, and Monopoly I could bring lol.

6. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    We normally are RPG, but for new years we typically play board games and we may do a little video gaming.

7. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Alright, we have finalized our plans for New Years:

Here is what I have just posted on our site, for those interested:

FINAL PARTY DETAILS!!!

Alright, since things have quieted down in this thread and it got a little off topic....here are final details:

1. We will begin the party at 8 pm.

2. There will be SOME alcohol provided (Jason has some Jack and I will be getting some Captain later in the week. We will also have 1 bottle of Champaign. If anyone wants anything different, please post here and we will make arrangements.

3. Unless a majority of people have a problem with it, I will go ahead and make the food and EVERYONE CAN CHIP IN $5.00 FOR DINNER AND MUNCHIES.
    4. We will have board games and cards to be played (Looks like Jason may have his xbox back soon so if you offered to bring it, please check here before bringing it---if he is getting his back within the next week or so, he is just going to deal until then.) The list of our games include: pictionary, Disney monopoly, Trivial pursuit (25th anniver edition--NOT Star Wars), Scattergories and Simpsons Clue. If the group thinks it would be fun, I was thinking of picking up Cranium--please post if you are interested before Friday so I can go get it. If there is another game you think we should play, please feel free to bring it (post here that you are bringing it so we don?t have several different people bringing them ;)
    5. If you are under 21, please be aware that we will not be allowing you to drink--and yes we will card you:lol:
    6. If there is anything else that you can think of, please post before FRIDAY

MENU OPTIONS EVERYONE NEEDS TO DECIDE ON BEFORE FRIDAY:
    Was thinking either of appetizers or dinner with munchies?

Appetizers would include:
    * Hot Wings
    * Swedish Meatballs
    * Potato Skins
    * Chips

Dinner would be:
    * Home Made Pizzas
    * One of the above
    * Veggies

Also, I need everyone to tell me which kind of drinks everyone would prefer, soda wise: Pepsi, Coke, Diet, Sprite, etc.

PLEASE POST ANY COMMENTS, QUESTIONS, CONCERNS BEFORE MIDNIGHT THURSDAY NIGHT SO THAT JASON AND I CAN DO THE SHOPPING FRIDAY MORNING.

If you are interested in attending, please be certain to post or pm me before FRIDAY

8. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Just one question----WHERE?? ;)

9. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    So that I do not have to post the location of our apartment online, I will pm you the address and directions.

10. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Since I've got a pretty hefty cold right now, I'm not entirely sure I'll be coming, but I'll let you know before Friday. :)

11. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Start drinking "theraflu"...it tastes terrible (add a little hunny) but you should be right as rain before friday after 2-3 glasses ;)

12. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Eeewwwwwwwwwww!!!! [face_laugh]

13. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    So how is the cold doing?

14. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Well, you missed out on a good party. We played games, chatted, drank and had a good time :) Wish you would have made it...

But Happy New Year to All!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.