main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Getting Your Fan Club Lanyard at C2?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Dal--Intrepid, Mar 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm just trying to gauge how many people are gonna have to get their fan club lanyard at the event.

I am one of the ones that was a member, but got lost on the information highway somewhere when Wizards took over the fan club. Despite Wizards re-activating me with that "grandfather clause" (for lack of a better term), and the website recognizing me as a member; it still ended up that I didn't get my FC lanyard with my 3-day pass. Like several of you have posted previously, with some ID, we'll be able to get our lanyards.

I'm just curious if the first line I'll be "force-d" (get it? heh? get it?) to stand in will contain a lot of our fellow FanForce posters here . . .

2. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Yeah, I e-mailed WotC a while back and the only way to get your fan club lanyard is to wait in-line and show your ID.
    I'm sure to be in-line somewhere, dressed in my Jedi outfit.

3. klatu1138

klatu1138 Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    Dal--Intrepid,
    Suggestions to Wizards and the Fan club probably would help. If you are arriving the day before you could suggest that the Lanyards be issued then so as to cut down on the line on opening day it is that simple.
    Klatu1138

4. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Oh no! I was just hoping that I could by a laynard - not even the fanclub one when I get there but something that says 'Star Wars' on it...argh...maybe I'll make my own. Argh!

5. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    From what I've been told, there will be a separate "Will Call" line, so that would make three lines...one to get in, one to buy tickets, one to pick stuff up.

Also, the ticket table opens up an hour before anyone is let in, so it's quite possible to get your purchases / pick ups done before the doors open, or soon after if the lines are really long. I'm imagining that most people will already be waiting in line to get in with their passes, so the other lines shouldn't be as bad.

6. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I figure it should be a pretty quick and simple process. I can't imagine it taking long. Tell your name, flash some ID, and move along.

You suppose if I just wave my hand nonchalantly and say, "You don't need to see my identification," they'll just give me my lanyard?

My only fear is they'll use this same line and they'll be selling fan club memberships on the spot, so last minute people can get their FC lanyard. That might slow down things a bit.

7. Another.Sky.Walk.er..

Another.Sky.Walk.er.. Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2000
    I have to get my lanyard there too.

I hope 1 hour will be enough time before opening to get my lanyard for early entrance.

8. K-Dub_Solo

K-Dub_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    My 13 year old nephew has to get his lanyard there as well. I wonder what ID they could possibly require.

9. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    I'm sure a driver's license or state id card should be fine.

10. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    I have to get my lanyard there as well. I called WotC on Friday of last week about this again. I was told that people needing to get their lanyards could wait in the mainline for early Fan Club admission and then get their lanyard at the door. There would be someone there with a check list and all you would have to do is show a photo id. The lanyard would be given to you then. This would avoid the need to have a separate line for lanyard pickup. That is what I was told. Just reporting it. If something different happens at C2, it's not my fault, I swear.

11. Another.Sky.Walk.er..

Another.Sky.Walk.er.. Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2000
    That sounds a lot better!!!

I hope that is what happens. ;)

Is it May yet?

12. K-Dub_Solo

K-Dub_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    There has been an update on this topic, that is currently on the main page. The Wizards people are saying that there are thousands of lanyards available.

13. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    The plot thickens...I just happen to have been on the phone with Wizard's regarding another issue (still have not getten my subscription to the Insider). Anyhow, I asked Sean, the rep I was talking to, about it. He said there was no one at Wizard's named Kristie in the their Customer Service group and that I would still have to pick it up at the show. He was going to look into it and get back to me. I gave him my work number for him to call. So, who is right? The Force.net or the Wizard's rep I spoke with? Only time will tell...

14. FiorCara

FiorCara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    I ordered my 3day pass and member lanyard w/ the poster last week. Got my package and the box was kinda torn up... and the badge wasn't in there, or the lanyard!!! The poster was undamged though.

I immediatly called wizards, and after waiting on hold forever spoke to a really nice guy. They asked me to hold onto the box in case fedex wants to look at it. They're sending me another badge and lanyard.

~Caleigh

15. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    I ordered some passes when I purchased my Ep2 poster, got a fan club lanyard the day TF.N said they were sold out.

Ordered yet another 3-Day pass today, and it says I'll be getting another fan club lanyard. Once that arrives I'll let you know, but I've had no problem getting these. *knock on wood*

16. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    I just call Wizards about the lanyard and I told them that TFN posted that they will send it out if you call for it.. Well they did.. They said I'll get mine in a week or so..

The reason they didn't send them out right away is because it costs them shipping and handling just to send that tiny thing.. **Tip - act very upset about it, and most likely you get the lanyard sent to you**

~ Later...

17. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Sebulba-X said:
    Ordered yet another 3-Day pass today, and it says I'll be getting another fan club lanyard.

So, I'm curious about your phrase "it says". What says, exactly? Did you mean that at the time you ordered your pass, you got a message from the website acknowledging you as a fan club member and confirming that you would receive a lanyard?

Frankly, I won't have to ACT p.o.'d b/c I am. I know I was logged in, b/c as one of the "grandfathered" members, I had to work with Wizards to get the site to recognize me as a member. I logged in, and then I made sure before I purchased that I able to access the "members only" section on the site. But I got NO message about a lanyard, at that time, or when my pass shipped.

Dealing with companies basically sucks. The customer is seldom considered to be right anymore.

18. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    The website/my online basket listed the Fan Club lanyard in it (Quantity 1) for Free, like it did the other previous two times I ordered Celebration passes. I too was also grandfathered into my fan membership as I renewed just before WOTC took over.

I got free overnight FedEx shipping, so hopefully tomorrow or Thursday I should have my order, then I'll let you know if I got a lanyard or not.

19. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Interesting...I ordered another one yesterday and the website said I was getting a lanyard shipped with the order. But the initial badge I ordered back in December never shipped with one. So far, I've spoken with Luke and Sean at the Fan Club 800 line. I've been told by both that I had to get it at the show. And, as I stated above, Sean told me that there was no one in the Wizard's Fan Club Customer Service named Kristie. So, I'm totally confused, frustrated, abused, tattooed and feel bamboozled. But man, I can't wait until May 2nd!!!

20. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    I ordered a pass along with the AOTC poster and I got it today. The Lanyard was included.

21. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    I'd also higly suggest taking your Fan Club Card and/or your mailing label from an issue of Insider than comes to your house. More proof is better than no proof.

My fiance has to stand in line becaus I was dumb and order our stuff together, and we only got one lanyard. *sticks out toungue at self* What can ya do?

22. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I'm getting mine there. A lanyard didn't arrive with my ticket, and when I emailed Wizards I was told I could pick it up at the event. Then I saw something on TF.N that that was inaccurate and we were to call. I called Wizards and was told that the report on TF.N was false :mad: and that lanyards were to be picked up at the convention.

~*~Bria

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.