main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL GFA Alliance Board

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sabacc, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    At this past weekend's small gathering in Orlando we developed the possibility of having a sort of "Jedi Council" to guide the GFA. This would be made partly of the leaders of the existing clubs, Chris (Tampa), Rich (Treasure Coast), and your humble narrator, Campbell (Orlando). Additionally, the initial guidance team would include two other members of the Alliance made up of anyone that participates regularly on the boards and regularly attends meetings. This would make the council "tie-proof" and spread some of the responsibilities beyond just the three current group leaders.

We need opinions on this idea and nominations for councilors. You can nominate yourself (you just need to be seconded by a known GFA member) and you don't necessarily need to be in the three comunities listed above. You just need to be a regular face at most gatherings and a regular participant on the SWGFA boards.

Projects taken on by the board may include writing a mission statement for the GFA, coordinating community service opportunities as a group, organizing meetings and workshops, designing some simple guidelines for new clubs to join the Alliance, building and running a website (in addition to the boards) and writing a FAQ about the group.

What should we call the Alliance Board?
    ?Alliance Board
    ?GFA Executive Committee
    ?Jedi Council
    ...are just some ideas. Should it be for a year term?

If they'll accept, I nominate Orlando Systers Russ (Eofer Draijonsai) and Aaron (Aaronb1) for a position on the Board. This is due to their contributions to message board discussions and attendance at meetings.

An election should happen sooner than later so I suggest that in the next few days we set a date by which nominations should be concluded and a date for voting here on the boards. I think we should send out an email and post an election notice on our Facebook group with a link to the Voting Booth on the main boards.

Please take part in the [link=http://swgfa.com/topic/1156]conversation[/link]!

2. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    The election is active for the next week. Members new and old, please check in and Vote Now, Vote Now!

The candidates are Russ and Aaron and Tony (Boba Rex). All have been active members of the group since the GFA began in January 2009.

3. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    I have signed up over at the Alliance board and look forward to contributing what I can to the group.

4. Chris Wyman

Chris Wyman Jedi Master star 1

Jul 7, 2008
    Great to have you, Denise!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.