main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Ghost -- ESB AU (Han/Leia/Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon/Luke) UPDATE 3/13 Chapter 11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by IrishEyedJedi, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

Title: Ghost
    Author: IrishEyedJedi
    Timeframe: ESB
    Characters: Han, Leia, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Luke
    Genre: Drama/Romance
    Summary: The events on Bespin have been altered to change the future, and two dead Jedi masters must help the only person who can change them. The person who?s life hangs in the balance.

Prologue

The sweat clung to his body as they slowly proceeded into the chamber. Steam rose all around them, giving the appearance that this was all a dream. Yet out of the smoke came the black beast which had been hunting them for the past month. Next to him stood the bounty hunter who had tracked them to this remote planet. The group walked down a small flight of stairs and before them stood the traitor.

?What?s going on . . . buddy,? Han could not hide the venom in his voice as he nudged Lando.

The Baron just glanced over his shoulder. ?You?re being put into carbon freeze.?

It seemed as if time had stopped, the moment the words left his mouth Han immediately looked at the Princess. Memorizing every inch of her face and trying to communicate with his eyes how much these past weeks had meant to him. They both opened their mouths to speak but no words came. How do you say good bye when you?ve just learned how to love?

?Put him in,? the mechanical voice echoed.

Suddenly his dear friend and companion began to growl and throw stormtroopers about. It took a great amount of yelling before he would finally listen to reason, and as they locked the binders around his wrists, the Captain gave the Wookie his finally command. Only a handful in the room knew of the life debt, and even fewer would understand that the smuggler was asking the Wookie to transfer the debt to the Princess.

Once again the lovers locked eyes, on impulse they were drawn together. For so long they had been like magnets repelling off one another whenever they got too close. It took time, but now they had reversed the effects and immediately came together, needing to taste and feel the other one last time. If this were to be the Captain?s end, then he would not show any sign of weakness. He had lived his life the exact way he wanted, and to be able to kiss this beautiful woman and stare the Dark Lord in the eye right before the end was a glorious death for a Corellian. He tried to stand tall as they moved him over the lift.

?I love you,? Leia desperately called out.

His features softened for just a moment and a twinkle appeared in his eye. ?I know.?

He had made no secret about his feelings towards her, but professing them might cause her irreparable damage, something he could not live with even in the after life. She would need to move on from him. Find the prince she deserved, a man who could give her a kingdom to once again rule, that was her destiny. To become one of the greatest leaders the galaxy had ever seen, and he knew she would achieve it.

Not taking his eyes off of her, Han felt himself being lowered into the chamber. He waited until the cold air tore through his body to look away. Every limb was on fire as he began to choke on the carbon filling his lungs. No torture could compare to the agony in which he was in now. He could feel himself slowly losing the battle to stay awake, and just as he felt himself about to let go, a blinding white light surrounded him. His lungs re-opened and warmth spread through out his body. Cautiously he curled his fingers to get movement in them again. As the light receded away, he rubbed his eyes to see what was happening. Nothing could prepare him for what he saw next.

?No!? Leia gave out a blood-curdling scream before throwing herself on the block of carbon that held his body captive.

?Leia,? he choked as he moved to hold her. Something happened that scared him beyond belief, his hands past right through her. ?Leia!? he shouted trying to get her attention.

?She can?t hear you,? a calm voice told him. ?At least not yet.?

Han looked up to

2. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Well, you already know what I think about this opening chapter, but I'm really tired so I'll just go ahead and say that it's an awesome concept. I did a double take when I found out that Han is dead and talking to Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

Great idea, Leah! Let me know when you update.

3. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    Wow. I like this idea too. Very original. Let me know when you update.=D=

4. WILFBIRD

WILFBIRD Jedi Master star 1

Jan 15, 2001
    This seems a really cool idea. Looking forward to reading more.

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    He had made no secret about his feelings towards her, but professing them might cause her irreparable damage, something he could not live with even in the after life.

Aww, such compassion. [face_love]

?You?re dead Han,? Obi Wan?s voice startled him. ?You died during the freezing process.?

Noooo!!!! :eek: :(

This is going to be an exciting read! Might I ask for PM updates?

6. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    OMG! You hooked me from the first paragraph, you know. Poor Han! IO can't wait to read the rest. Put me on the PM list, please! :D

7. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Great job!!! I love this concept and can't wait to see where you go with it!

8. dlh1970

dlh1970 Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2005
    Great opening chapter. I love the whole concept.

9. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    And here you were worried about posting it. Told you it wasn't too corny! :D

Great job, Irish, with this beginning. It's an interesting twist; you know that Harrison Ford actually wanted Han to die at this point? When I heard that in an interview, I just couldn't believe my ears.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to see where this goes, and how having Han there in both ghost form (and his younger form who doesn't know anything) changes things!

Could you PM me when you update, please? [face_batting] [face_praying]

Stormqueen

10. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    I like this idea! Very cool.

11. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Interesting concept. Please put me on your PM list if you have one.

12. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    So Han died, and then was sent back in time ... alive? To change the past, and prevent Leia from being captured? Hmmm ... [face_thinking]

13. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    Oh I like this. PM me updates if you would please.

14. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    WOW - what an amazing beginning!

I love the concept of Han being able to go back in time and Leia can see him!

If you have a PM list, can you please add me? [face_praying] [face_praying]

I'm really looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

15. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Another great AU![face_love] I can't wait to read what Han does in the past to help the future.

And if there's a PM list, please add this padawan. :D

16. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Wow...this is an unusual and unique premise. Cool start!

17. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Obi-wan, Qui-gon, and Han. He's definately going to prefer the Seven Hells to those two.

18. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Exquisite start, Master!

19. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Oooh, this looks like an interesting idea. We're playing with time...

Poor Han, he's dead, and Leia's grief-stricken.

If you have a PM notification list for updates, please add me. Thanks!

20. sweetheart68

sweetheart68 Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2006
    This one is intriguing! Han won't stay dead though, will he??[face_worried]

21. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    WHOA.

that caught me off guard! this is very intriguing...very, very intriguing...

if you have a PM list, could you please add me to it?

awesome start!

22. JediMormon

JediMormon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2006
    Well, I'm enjoying this story so far. I like how you had Obi-Wan re-introduced himself to Han, sounds like something that he'd do. So is ANH Leia seeing Han's apparition or is he actually there? I'm looking forward to your next update, put me on the P.M. list if you're making one.

~ The Mormon Jedi

23. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Excellent start.

So I'm guessing Han's tampering is really going to screw things up.

I would like on the PM list.

24. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Interesting premise! Can't wait for more. Please add me to the PM list, thanks.

25. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Time travel and the afterlife...it's like a finely mixed martini. ;)

Very intriguing premise. It'll be fun to see where this is going. Add me to that PM list if you do one up. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.