main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Ghost -- ESB AU (Han/Leia/Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon/Luke) UPDATE 3/13 Chapter 11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by IrishEyedJedi, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    *hops* Yay! An Update! This reminds me of the movie by the same name - which is a good thing since I adore that movie!

I loved it. Leia and Han's interactions are perfect and how he speaks to her, thinks around her. I did love him telling her that she calls Chewie a "waslking carpet" *snicker* And Leia's determination to do something differently. It's very in character for her.

I adore how yuo have Han characterized - I only wish I could write something with his character like this; you've got his character perfectly!

And Qui-Gon *snicker* Training Han and always the "student" instead of the Master. It was great!

Other than that, I admit I'm curious about this "darkside" spirit that will have Han killed eventually... I'm running through the possibilities in my mind and can't think of anyone - except Palpatine - who would want to. But if His death brings about the fall of the REbellion, Palpatine will continue to survive, so now I'm -really- curious. Darth Maul or Dooku maybe? [face_thinking] I love a good story which makes me speculate!

Awesome update - and I completely understand about wanting to develop the H/L relationship before Vader shows up. In fact, I'm dreading what happens when he does - hopefully Han doesn't do anything stupid ;)

2. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    Some very interesting lessons going on here. It will be fun to see what kind of trouble Han will get himself into. :)

3. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    Yay, yay, yay! An update! I don't mind that things are going slow for the moment, Irish; I'm lovin' the Han/Leia interaction!

His efforts were rewarded with a bright smile. ?My friendly ghost.?

?Handsome,? he injected. ?Friendly ghost.?

[face_laugh][face_laugh] Man, I wish I could go and highlight everything I found funny, Irish, but I'm going to have to settle on that one. "Friendly ghost!" *giggles* And it's so Han, to add 'handsome' immediately thereafter... *shakes head* And the thing with the possession! [face_laugh] I just knew he was hoping to use it on his younger self- I was kind of hoping he would!

I'm still wondering how things are going to work out once she meets his younger self- you've certainly got me hooked, Irish! And what's this about an evil spirt killing off Han? I wonder who that could be... is Palpatine doing something similar, where he was killed and went back to try and ensure the future he wanted, and arg! My head hurts, I think I'm going to stop speculating before I do something worse. 8-}

Hope you update again soon, Irish, and thanks for the PM! :D

Stormqueen

4. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    So, among other things, Han's feeding her lines that she can say in the future. So let's just call Han a long time ago Cecil B. Demille on that one. ;)

And it's perfectly all right to take your time developing the relationship between Han and Leia. In this kind of story, the relationship is really the central plot point. The matter of Han's death, etc. are by-products of the developed relationship. So you don't have to apologize for taking the time to develop that.

But I digress...

He then realized he was looking back through older eyes. Things were easier to analyze after a few years of thinking about it.

Yep, Han, three years and a dunking in carbonite can really open up your mind and heart.

His efforts were rewarded with a bright smile. ?My friendly ghost.?

?Handsome,? he injected. ?Friendly ghost.?

Leia pretended to think about that. ?Well definitely not humble, that?s for sure.?

Well, it's nice to know that even as a disembodied ghost, he can still be his smart-arse self, Mr. Rogue Ghostie Solo. :p

This continues to be good work, Irish. :)

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    The Princess covered her face with her hands, her cheeks a slight shade of pink. ?Well I?m glad you warned me, I?ll try and keep my mouth shut this time.?

?I don?t think that?s possible.? Han said with a smile before the Princess playfully slapped him.

She gave a mock hurt expression. ?Gee thanks.?

I'm pretty sure that's one of her endearing qualities to him. :D

?I must say it does provide me with some small amount of entertainment,? he said with a smirk.

?Yeah, it must get pretty dull wandering around for eternity,? Han mused.

Qui-Gon began to stroke his beard a moment. ?Yes and no, it all depends on what you do with your time.?

Love your depiction of Qui-Gon, both his sense of humor and seriousness.

Oooh, very interesting little secret Qui-Gon showed Han. Loved how quickly Qui-Gon could read Han's thoughts of romancing Leia with it. :D :D

Excellent post.

6. chloe2102

chloe2102 Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2006
    Yeah! An update to start my morning off right.

Great chapter! I can't wait to see how you use ghost Han's ability to inhabit another body (another fabulous idea). And even though I know I have to be patient I am sooo looking forward to Leia meeting the real Han.

7. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Nice update. This story reminds me of the old movie "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir", but once again, my age is showing with that remark! [face_laugh]

8. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    oh wow, another new secret. one that is pretty darn interesting if i do say so myself. ;)

i am so excited for the past Han to come into the picture...oh gosh, what will Leia think? this is incredible!

wonderful update IrishEyedJedi! i can't wait for the next update! :D and Leia's dreams continue to be incredibly sweet. [face_love]

9. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    This is so great. Can't wait for the next update. Wish I was this creative.

10. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I?ll try and keep my mouth shut this time.?

?I don?t think that?s possible.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Neither do I! :p

Han is going to be able to inhabit other people's bodies? :eek: :eek:

Now there's a twist I wasn't expecting.

I can't wait to see what happens next

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

11. sweetheart68

sweetheart68 Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2006
    Yay an update!! Love Qui-Gon with his wry sense of humour and ability to suss out Han's ulterior motives! Looking forward to seeing how Leia will react to the 'real' Han, I wonder if she will be nicer to him? Great update Irish, can't wait for more!

12. chloe2102

chloe2102 Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2006
    Geez, I wonder what ghost Han is doing? [face_whistling] Maybe you should give us a post. :)

13. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

JediMormon - I would be interested in seeing Leia's reaction to Han's childhood. You don't see it mentioned that much in fanfiction, or at least I don't.

So Han can possess people eh? That should DEFINTIELY be interesting later on. There are a lot of possiblilities there...he could possess a Stormtrooper and cause him to fire on his comrades, that would be a good distraction... It has some good prank potential too...

And Qui-Gon thinks a Dark Jedi spirit was what killed Han? Who could that be? The Emperor could have I suppose... Who knows? Will be interesting to see who it turns out to be.

Well, I throughly enjoyed this update! Keep 'em coming!

~ The Mormon Jedi
    -- Yes, Han being able to posses bodies will be quite entertaining, but I also think I can squeez a mushy scene in there. ;) I think Leia's previous knowledge of his background will set up for some comical conversations when she and real Han argue.

RebelMom - Ah, the value of hindsight. As nice as the romancing is, I enjoy H/L headbutting and denial.

I wonder which dead Sith is causing the problems. Maybe Dooku since he has a grudge against Vader for killing him?
    -- Ummm I uh can't say [face_whistling]

ccp - Good ole Han looking for loop holes. -- LOL you know it. He's all about breaking the rules.

brodiew - Cool chapter, Irish! I liked more of the playful banter. I liked how you had Han give her that glimpse of the future and what she said about Chewie! "Wakling capet"

?You?re all about making an entrance aren?t you??

?I must say it does provide me with some small amount of entertainment,? he said with a smirk.

this is what really got me. I smiled at this because I could hear Liam saying it. It definately has QuiGon's regal aire.

So there is a dark side ghost? Han can take over bodies? Sweet!
    -- Thank you kind sir, Qui-Gon is my new character I want to try and really work on. There will be times were he's not in the story as much, but when he is I want it to really sound like him. Espeically because I see him really taking a liking to Han.

Jade_Max - *hops* Yay! An Update! This reminds me of the movie by the same name - which is a good thing since I adore that movie!

I loved it. Leia and Han's interactions are perfect and how he speaks to her, thinks around her. I did love him telling her that she calls Chewie a "waslking carpet" *snicker* And Leia's determination to do something differently. It's very in character for her.

I adore how yuo have Han characterized - I only wish I could write something with his character like this; you've got his character perfectly!

And Qui-Gon *snicker* Training Han and always the "student" instead of the Master. It was great!

Other than that, I admit I'm curious about this "darkside" spirit that will have Han killed eventually... I'm running through the possibilities in my mind and can't think of anyone - except Palpatine - who would want to. But if His death brings about the fall of the REbellion, Palpatine will continue to survive, so now I'm -really- curious. Darth Maul or Dooku maybe? I love a good story which makes me speculate!

Awesome update - and I completely understand about wanting to develop the H/L relationship before Vader shows up. In fact, I'm dreading what happens when he does - hopefully Han doesn't do anything stupid
    -- It's Han, you know he'll fly off the handle at some point. Thank you so much regarding the charactiterization - coming from fellow Bespin Cafe folks who know H/L backwards and forewards it means a lot that people think I'm writing them true. Especially in AU's.

Araxie - Some very interesting lessons going on here. It will be fun to see what kind of trouble Han will get himself into. -- Mwhahahaha, yes it will be much fun! [face_devil]

stormqueen874 - Yay, yay, yay! An update! I don't mind that things are going slow for the moment, Irish; I'm lovin' the Han/Leia interaction!

His efforts were rewarded with a br

14. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    I'm really sorry for the delay - was out of down for the holiday weekend and it hampered my writing time. As always thanks again to my friendly neighborhood beta Ms. Wyn and if you want to be added to the PM Update list just give me a holla.

Chapter 4

?Have you eaten?? Han asked cautiously.

The Princess didn?t look up from her datapad as she responded. ?Not yet.?

Coughing to clear his throat, the smuggler tried to keep his emotions in check. ?Look I had a few things I needed to take care of.?

?You?re dead,? Leia said as she looked up at him. ?What exactly are you taking care of??

?I?m sorry your Worship, I didn?t realize I needed a pulse to have other plans,? Han snapped. Frustrated, he quickly stood and ran his hand through his hair.

?How about having the decency to at least tell me you?re not going to be around,? she huffed while standing.

?I couldn?t! That?s what I?m trying to tell you,? he barked. ?I don?t have the energy in the morning to appear to you, and when I recovered I had to go take care of finding my killer. You know, the reason I?m a dead spirit to begin with!?

He turned his back on the Princess cursing under his breath for letting his anger get the best of him. Who else was he gonna talk to if her pushed her away? He couldn?t tinker with the Falcon or talk with Chewie. She was all he had.

?I?m sorry,? came her timid voice.

Shocked the smuggler turned to look at the young woman. Had he heard her right, did she actually apologize? While Han fumbled with his next set of words the Princess continued.

?I ? uh ? I thought maybe you were avoiding me because of what happened,? she paused as she turned a deeper shade of red. ?Last night.?

Han couldn?t suppress his lopsided grin as he looked down at her. ?Trust me I?d never avoid you for something like that.? He bent down a little further. ?Especially because I didn?t get to return the favor.?

Without missing a beat the Princess moved past him and rolled her eyes. ?Subtle obviously is not in your vocabulary.?

?Life?s too short to be anything but blunt,? he said happily before the Princess stopped to look at him.

Her eyes held a hint of sadness as she looked up at him. ?I hadn?t thought of that.?

It finally registered to Han why she looked so sad. It was bittersweet that he would hand out advice on living when he himself was technically dead, and could possibly stay that way.

?Whadya say we watch a holo-movie? I might even let you put on something sappy.?

?Like a date?? she arched an eyebrow playfully.

Han looked up to the ceiling. ?Yeah maybe like a date.?

The duo walked back to her quarters by the end of the night they were joking and watching classic holo-movies. He was even allowed to give her a kiss on the cheek in her dreams. It reminded Han of his academy days, chasing after the female officers and spending long nights on the roofs of their apartments chatting and getting to know one another. However, reality came crashing down on him the next day. Captain Antilles had delivered the dangerous news that they would be arriving on Tatooine the following morning. Han had tried his best not to show any signs of apprehension but the Princess wasn?t buying it.

?What?s wrong with you?? she asked discreetly as they walked the corridors.

Han just shrugged. ?Nothing.?

?Something is wrong with you,? she paused. ?I can feel it.?

Qui-Gon?s words surfaced to Han?s mind. The Jedi Master had told him about the Princess?s abilities in the Force, and how they were untapped.

?Who?s Qui-Gon?? her question startled him.

The smuggler stopped dead in his tracks as he stared at her. Luckily they were cutting through one of the storage rooms with no one around to see her talking to thin air.

?What?? she asked, her eyes laced with worry.

?How do you know that name??

?I don?t know I just heard it,? she said innocently.

Han continued to eye her hoping she?d cave in and tell him everything. Of course it worked, and the P

15. chloe2102

chloe2102 Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2006
    Wow. Leia now knows her father was a jedi and is learning to use the force and Han may have altered history completely. This is just crazy. In a good way. Please add me to the PM list.

16. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    ?You?re dead,? Leia said as she looked up at him. ?What exactly are you taking care of??

?I?m sorry your Worship, I didn?t realize I needed a pulse to have other plans,? Han snapped. Frustrated, he quickly stood and ran his hand through his hair.
    I found this exchange pretty funny.

Leia's contact with Han has opened her Force sensitivity earlier than expected. And I'm pretty sure Han has done something to completely alter the future.

17. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Qui Gon! (rubs hands) Wonderful! :D

I'm sorry I did not reply to the previous chapter, I was sick for a few days and forgot...

18. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    I wonder what kind of trouble Han's fanagleing is going to cause.

19. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    ?Were you a Jedi Master of matchmaking?? Han asked as the spirit began to leave.

I love that line. The whole interaction of Qui-Gon with Han is so charming, I love it! I have never been a Han person, but this story is wonderful in showing how he changed through the series. I look forward to reading more.

20. dlh1970

dlh1970 Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2005
    Great story. I can't wait to see Leia's reaction when she meets "living" Han. I think he's going to be a little more rough around the edges then what Leia is expecting.

21. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Ooooooo Han's interfering with the Future and telling Leia things she shouldn't know. Qui-Gon is teaching Leia the basics... and now her Force abilities have manifested well before anyone was expecting... this just gets better and better. I wonder how Han and Leia meet is Ghostie Han keeps her out of the Empire's clutches... And what happens in the future now that he's changing the past, either deliberately or not.

This just gets more intricate and, dare I say it, fabulous, every post! Wonderful stuff - I realize this update is brand new, but I'm already looking forward to more. Thanks for the PM! ;)

22. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    Sometimes you must break the rules for the greater good.

I loved that line, it was so Qui-Gon. It looks like Han has taken that message to heart, and done something. I wonder how much the future is going to be changed.

23. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I agree with Kelli. How could anyone expect Han to just sit there and let Leia be captured and tortured? Well, we shall see what happens now.[face_worried]

24. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    Oooh, now that's an interesting twist, Irish, having Leia know about her abilities long before she does in canon. Is she the one to get the training this time around? Hm... or will both Luke and Leia get the training? Oh, I hope they figure out they're brother and sister pretty quick. I don't want to know what Ghost-Han's reaction will be if Luke starts hitting on Leia... [face_plain]

?Were you a Jedi Master of matchmaking?? Han asked as the spirit began to leave.

?Only when it?s the will of the Force,? Qui-Gon?s voice whispered before he was gone.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] I love Qui-Gon in this, Irish, and this line is just great. Can't wait to see what happens! I hope your schedule eases up and lets you post more often! :D

-Stormqueen

25. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm glad to see Qui_Gon was able to appear to and help Leia when the suitation called for it.
    I loved it when he let it slip about Han's children [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I can't wait to see what exactly Han did when he entered Antilles' body...I just hope it doesn't make matters worse.

Excellent update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.