main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ghost Rider & Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Son of the Suns, May 23, 2006.

1. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    I've decided to see this. I miss the usual February superhero movie. This year things change.

2. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    I'm really pondering as to what the opening weekend B.O. totals for it will be. I'm hoping for somewhere in the range of $35million to $40million

3. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    This movie has been getting a lot of press. There are tons of ads and it will only increase over the next two weeks I'm sure. I think it will do quite well for a February release.

4. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    They really need to emphasize Nicholas Cage's involvement in this since the comicbook is popular among the subculture of its fans, but not necessarily the general public. Other comics don't require a big star to market the film, but this one kind of needs someone that people recognize. That's not to say that it won't be a good film, but there are only certain comics that can get away with choosing an unknown or lesser known actor so they better start using his name NOW.

5. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    The more I hear about this film, the more I want to see it.

It's not as high maintenance as something like Spiderman, and these guys making this film really love the source material. I like Nicholas Cage (who chose his stage name based on the MARVEL character Luke Cage, I kid you not) and I have a lot of affection for Daredevil.

Plus there's something just so attractive about the trailers and everything. It seems like a film that doesn't care if it flops.

6. wise-bi-wan

wise-bi-wan Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2006
    Anybody seen the movie yet?

7. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    nope. although i know there were screenings yesterday for reviewers and critics. i'll be seeing it opening day for sure.

oh yeah. i wouldn't be surprised if we saw a change of banners here anytime soon
    [face_whistling]

EDIT: 9 Clips From Ghost Rider

8. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i just got the Ghost Rider score off of iTunes. great stuff. i love the western feel to it. i'm looking forward to the movie on Friday

9. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I'm looking forward to the movie on DVD.

10. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i find your lack of faith disturbing

11. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I'm not dissing the movie, I think it looks fun. It's just that being a dad means there's not much opportunity for movies that aren't released by Pixar.

12. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Well, that's not so bad... except for Cars. I feel your pain.

13. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    we should plan a rescue mission for RoG this weekend to go see Ghost Rider

14. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Well it's out soon in Australia too, and I must admit it has me interested, so I might go along and see it.

15. ComicDiva

ComicDiva Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2004
    23rd can't come here soon enough! I'm gonna have to avoid my favourite superhero boards like crazy for a week. :) But I really can't wait to see this movie. I think I might actually pay extra money to catch an early screening.

16. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Thankfully we found a babysitter (my mom :p), so my wife and I and a couple of friends are going to see it Saturday. Can't wait.

17. wise-bi-wan

wise-bi-wan Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2006
    /\ Ditto.

18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I wanted to see it today as I've the day off, but my daughter and bf want to see it and begged for me to wait til Sunday. Grrrrr....

19. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    Its getting a 30% on RT...

Not a good sign

Then again, after the absolute suckfest that was Pan's labyrinth, I've learned not to trust RT as much as I used to.

20. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    RT isn't very credible to me. I generally do like comic book movies. (i.e. Punisher, Spiderman, Superman, Batman)

21. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    I usually trust Rotten Tomatoes, I'm in the general consensus that one critic can be wrong, but a lot usually aren't.

But there's no accounting for taste. For instance, I enjoyed Daredevil, The Punisher, Underworld 1&2, and a few others that did not score high. For example, Constantine, is for some reason beyond even my understanding, one of my favorite movies ever, but still receives a 46%. I understand why these movies are "bad", but I can't help but enjoy them.

But I can't really think of a time when I saw a movie that got good reviews and I didn't enjoy it.

22. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Your taste in movies FTL

23. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Serenity got a nearly 90 percent good review rating. That movie succcckedd.

24. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    I don't get the appeal. There was like, 1 negative review on the RT page that echoes my sentiments exactly. Regardless, I've already discussed why I hated it in Amphitheater. If you are so insulted, PM me.

25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    It takes a lot for me to really not like a movie, much less consider it sucky. I'll see. It helps that I'm not familiar with the comic so won't be comparing or expecting things in it.

I only ask to be entertained and that's not a hell of alot. :p