main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Ghost stories

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LukeWarm88, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeWarm88

LukeWarm88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    I know it is a little early for Halloween, but I thought maybe some of you would have some ghost stories they wanted to share with the group.

2. LukeWarm88

Jun 16, 2005
    I was about 8 yrs. old and we just moved into a new house that had hardwood floors. One night I was alone in my room laying down and about to fall asleep when I heard loud, heavy footsteps come down the hall and stop in front of my parents bedroom. Thinking my parents were home, I got up to check. When I relized no one was home, I was pretty freaked out, but thought it was my imagination. About an hour later, I was once again trying to fall back to sleep when I heard the footsteps again. This time they traveled from my parents bedroom to the room next to mine. Again I got up to look and no one was home. I tried to stay awake until my dad got home but I ended wanting to go to bed. I laid in bed with the covers over my face and eyes open. I then heard the footsteps travel from the room next to mine and stop in the doorway of my bedroom. I did not have the guts to get up and look and I layed in bed until my dad got home.

After I told my story to my mom, she said she had a similar experience in the house. One of our guests also had an experience with the footsteps.

3. Andromeda13

Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2005
    When my daughter was 5 years old, I used to let her watch her kiddo movies on our TV in the living room, while I watched my own shows in my bedroom at the other end of the house. One night, she came in to my room and asked me if she could "play with the lady who was in our backyard". About to freak out and wondering who could have gotten in our yard, I jumped up and ran outside. Seeing no one, I began to question my daughter. I asked her what the lady looked like. She said "white, and like a grandma, she had a dress on." I asked her what she meant by white, and she said "like you can see the rosebushes behind her". I asked her where the lady was. She said "standing at our sliding glass door, I've seen her before but she just looks at me. If I dont look at her for a while, she will go away." She then told me that on this night, the lady had motioned with her finger for my daughter to come outside......."

After that, I kept the blinds closed and my sliding glass door locked!

4. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Shortly after we moved into our house 2 years ago I noticed some things that made me wonder. I would hear noises like the kids were running through the house, but they were asleep as well as the cat and the dog. Doors would open/close. I always had this feeling something was there and had the feeling of a friendly male figure in the house that just wanted to "hang out". I never thought much of it since his presence would come and go and never really seemed to be a threat.

Well, this past Halloween, my daughter won 1st place in a costume contest. When we got home, she told us that she wanted to show Jason her medal. Now, we don't know anyone named Jason, so we asked her who Jason was. She said it was the little boy in her room that danced with her. Thinking that she had an imaginary friend we asked if he was there now. And she said he is not always there but comes when he wants to play because he has no place to go and our house was warm.

So, we have this spirit that comes and goes and dances with our daughter. Not so much now that the weather has gotten warmer, but who knows....

5. LukeWarm88

Jun 16, 2005
    That story gave me the shivers. Thanks for sharing.

6. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    Some creepy stuff. I research ghost stories alot on line and in books, I just love them, but have yet to experience anything concrete. My wife who is a huge skeptic actually saw a vision of a man in the beach house we stay at in New Jersey, and so has everyone else except me. The only thing to ever happen strange to me was I was woken up by the voice of my Grandfather shouting my name. That next morning I woke to my mom calling me on the phone telling me he had passed away that night, around the same time I heard his voice.

7. LukeWarm88

Jun 16, 2005
    You probably already know this since you research the topic, but it is a high percentage of people that see a relative or hear a relative that has passed on.

8. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    i have ahad several experiences but my most memorable was when I was 6. I woke up in the middle of the night and my grandfather was sitting on my bed. My grandfather who died in PA (I was in NJ) before my parents even met. I woke up the next morning and went to my mom and told her about it. 2 of my other cousins have had the same experience at the same age - all 3 of us have another connection as well I can't really share here.

I also have a habit of having items disappear on me and either never show up again or show up in an odd local. I lost a neckalce and 4 rings when I was in Texas one time. I found them 2 years alter in one of my dads shoes in his closet in Georgia. I often feel like I have someone around me all the time. I get chills and have that feeling someone is watching me when I am alone or in the back of my car. I have caught flashes from time to time of something behind me or out of the corner of my eye. I got into a fight with a friend one time and put his picture (which was framed) into a box with some old clothes because I didn't want to look at it again. When we made up a week later I went to get it again and the glass was shattered. I have actually given a name to the entity - George.

9. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Whoa! Getting creepy in here! I am lovin it!!

10. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    does this mean I have people who will FINALLY go ghost hunting with me?

11. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    I would love to when I get some time.

12. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Wow, Andromeda, that is super creepy!
    Funny how things seem to appear to kids...
    I have had one strange thing happen... in college a friend and I liked to go to the cemetary on Yale, especially the part that is not maintained. We'd bring girlfriends sometimes to try to get us all freaked out. One time 4 of us were walking through the nice maintained area back to our cars because it was getting windy and a storm was approaching. My friend Mark stopped and said, "Oh my God, Ken look!" I though he was screwing around, but in front of one grave, there were some sparks about a foot off of the ground. It looked like a sparkler, but they were multi-colored. We all stopped dead and looked at it, and all 4 of us could see it. Mark and I got brave and approached it. When were were close enough, the apparition revealed itself to us... as a pinwheel. Whoo, that was a trip, we were thinking we had really seen something! No wonder all 4 of us saw it!

13. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Ok...here is mine....this happened last year while we were visiting Yvonne's mom in NJ. We were trying to save some money and we did what we said we would never do...stay in a cheap motel. It was owned by a Indian family and looked nice from the outside....inside left a little to bit to be desired! That night as we slept....I had this feeling of intense pressure on me....it felt like I was paralyzed....I felt like I was sleeping but I was aware of my surroundings...also, there was this loud deafening white noise sound happening too. As I said, I was aware of what was going on in the room....it felt like being anestisized...very dream like...yet awake too! Anyways....I swear I had a feeling of a presence in the room....I awoke in the morning feeling exhausted....I started to tell Yvonne about my weird night when she started telling me the same thing....the really weird thing was....we both had seen a woman hanging from the beam across the ceiling...we had paid for 3 days in advance for this motel room....the owner would not refund the money....we did not stay! Marriott from then on baby! ;)

14. Ulic-Qel-Droma75

Ulic-Qel-Droma75 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2005
    Funny story, TK!
    Here's mine:
    I own a small business and work at night in empty buildings. I just got a new customer and placed two new employees to work in the building. Both were pretty big guys, lots of tattos. After a couple weeks, they called to ask if I would transfer them to a new worksite. When I asked why, they said the building was haunted and they proceeded to describe to me how magazines would move themselves, vacuums would unplug on thier own, etc. Thinking these guys were just making up stories to get a transfer, I moved them out and put two new people in their place - a guy and a girl. About a week later, the girl called to tell me that the guy wasn't doing his job. Instead, he was following her around because he was afraid to be alone. He had seen black shapes running around in the childrens locker rooms, he would find his vacuum unplugged, etc. Again, I transferred these employees to a new location and put another guy in their place. (This guy assured me he could do the job by himself). Soon enough, he too was asking for a transfer, saying the building was uncomfortable to work in alone at night. I no longer have this building as a customer, but I found it facinating that I couldn't keep an employee working at that location!

I have another customer located downtown right next to the Kimo Theater. (A notorious Albuq. haunted location) I've seen things out of the corner of my eye that look like shadows. The employees who work there in the daytime have told me they have seen the same thing, and won't come in to work after hours.

15. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    C'mon Varza, Matt...lets go work for Jeremiah and get scared!!!

16. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Wow, Ulic, weird!
    What was the first building? We may need to visit it to go ghost hunting!

17. Ulic-Qel-Droma75

May 17, 2005
    The first building is Highpoint Sports and Wellness. And put me down for the ghost hunting!

18. Andromeda13

May 31, 2005
    I want to go ghost hunting too!

19. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Here is one of mine, 1994 we where remodleing our house we where framing the roof early in the morning, so I went to a place called the burrito box to pick up 10 breakfast burritos. I pulled up and as I got out of my truck. A man walked up to me and asked for some money so he could eat. I did not know him, I told him I did not have any change on me but I would get him something. so I went in 15min later I came out and handed him a burrito he said thank you Joseph. started to walk around the corner of the building. I did not think nothing of it till I started my truck and looked around and I thought to myself how did he know my name so I drove around the corner of the building and to the back. I could not find him It was within 5 to 8 seconds he could not have walked or ran that fast it was about a 200 foot side wall he had to walk down. then the back wall was a alley and a 8 foot fence he could not of jumped the fence I would of seen him walking down that alley behind the store. so I went around front to the burrito box and asked the employee. If they had seen that man before in front of the store asking for money or food. she said she has been there since 6.ooam when they opened did not see anybody out front till I pulled up and came in. she made 11 burritos and I paid 11 I only had 10 in my bag there was nothing in my truck that would give him info who I was . strange

20. Andromeda13

May 31, 2005
    Cool story, that one gave me the shivers!

21. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Ghost hunting sounds fun. I know there is a ghost hunters association in town...

22. Ulic-Qel-Droma75

May 17, 2005
    Bloodclaw,

That one gave me some shivers and a half! Wowzzie!:eek:

Ulic

23. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Wow! Pretty cool stories!

The one that made me believe in ghosts happened when my college roomie & I went to Juarez for some fun. We stopped by an ATM in El Paso to get money and this guy was crossing the street toward us and got hit by a car. My roomie was an EMT so she ran to check on him, but someone had already turned him over from his back to see if he was ok. (bad idea). She tried to do CPR and such, but she could tell he wasn't going to make it. We left after the ambulance arrived and went back home since we didn't feel up to partying much after that. So the next week we had really strange things happen to both of us. My roomate found things moved in different places in her room - I was by myself one night and a rubber band came shooting out of nowhere and hit me in the head! Ghost had a sense of humor it seemed. It was weird, not totally creepy, but made me believe!

24. DARTHLYNN

DARTHLYNN Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2005
    After my grandfather passed away, Bloodclaws and I could feel his presences, even though he never came to my house, we smells his lucky strikes smoke in our bathroom,
    plus closet doors open without anyone opening them, trash cans fell, and a picture that Joe had made of my grandfather fall off the wall, and didn't break, and Joe hid it, and when I was sick I could feel him walking around the bed watching over me.

25. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    This is a really cool and interesting thread, everyone!
    Ulic, I was thinking, since we were talking about ghost hunting... those black shadows your employees were seeing? Not ghosts! Ninjas!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.