main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Ghost stories

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LukeWarm88, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    i loved that show! I watched it each week... but it looks like it has been cancelled

2. Andromeda13

Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2005
    I loved that show too! Last time I checked the SciFi channel website, it said "more episodes coming soon"..... that was quite a while ago, so it probably did get cancelled. :( They had some interesting footage!

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    They did. But they do have a cool website!

And Grant is an interesting guy.

4. overlord1138

overlord1138 Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2005
    Ghosts??!!! You guys are scarying me. :(

5. Andromeda13

May 31, 2005
    Jedi Girl - thanks for the link, and I'm soooo jealous that you had the opportunity to work with them!

6. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    anyone watch the travel channel on friday nights? they have ghost stories docus all night long. there was a really cool one on tonight about an investigation into a british brewery - man some crazy stuff going on there! I love ghost docus... have several DVDs on them

when are we going ghost hunting again?

7. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    Ghost Hunter Marathon on SciFi today ended with the season premier

8. Andromeda13

May 31, 2005
    Dang! I missed it? :_|

9. BelaLugosi

BelaLugosi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2004
    Hey guys. Sorry I've been out of the loop. Summer semester is wrapping up next week, so I'm almost home-free... until September anyway.

I've read through this thread, and it's very interesting. I am the eternal skeptic on everything that cannot be seen through a telescope or a microscope, but there was this one time....

Much like Ken, in years past, I used to take girlfriends to cemeteries for yucks (what?s a goth kid to do?). and by far the scariest one I've found in the area is the San Yasidro cemetery in Corrales. It's been cleaned up since the times when it was one of my regular hang outs, the grass used to be so high that it would conceal gravestones, most of which were unmarked; forgotten. Anyhow... one night, a girlfriend of mine and I were there just meandering and enjoying being weirdos when no $^*#, I heard a laugh, a baby's laugh. I froze and my hair stood up... I know that my girlfriend heard it too because we both stopped and looked at each other, awestruck and bewildered. she whispered to me in a panic: "I wanna go"... Now for those of you who haven't been to this cemetery, it's not that big... in fact, its purty darn small. maybe 110 yards by 20 yards. and the sound that we heard sounded as though it was within 20 or so feet. I had my flashlight and immediately began looking for the source of the noise. Nothing. and nowhere for it to hide either. Then we heard it again... and this time I knew for sure it was a laugh... I did some more searching, much to the despair of my companion who was growing more and more panicked. I left empty handed, no "proof" but with a rotten feeling in my gut, yeah I just ran into a ghost, didn't I?

anyway, you ghost hunter wannabe's might want to check that place out. It's on old church road, Corrales.

10. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    my bad, season premier is next Wednesday, the 27th... tonight was just the marathon, I missed the last episode though except for parts that seemed relly cool!

11. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Christov! Been missin' you around here!
    How was Germany?

Wow, that is a very creepy story... no pinwheel to blame that on!

Ken

12. BelaLugosi

Oct 28, 2004
    Yeah, no pinwheels. It was definately spooky. Laughter or not, that place will make your skin crawl.

Germany was amazing, and like the last time I was there, it broke my heart to leave. Next time, I think I'll stay. and speaking of spooky, I brought back plenty of photos. remind me to post a link to them...

Want to get together for some more vacu-forming and costuming some time soon? next month I am off. Also, I may start forging blades in the near future, maybe you'll be able to add some hand-crafted items to your website. ;)

13. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Great to see you back Christov!!!

14. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Hi
    Sure, I'm up for vacu-forming...
    And I would love to forge, that's always been a dream of mine. If you start, let me watch! Have you done it before, or do you know anyone who has? I've read a few books and talked to some blacksmiths... But the most I've done is stock-removal (which they did historically, too).
    I'd be happy to post those on BladeSeller if you start producing them!

15. Starkiller454

Starkiller454 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 20, 2005
    I have lived in two haunted places so far...the coronado dorms on unm campus and a small apt building on high street. For one semester at coronado i had my own room and the water faucet used to turn on by itself all the time and my closet doors would always open...i'd have them closed and when i use to return they'd be open. also, the radio use to go off and on at random times. that wasn't too scary, but the apt on high street was crazy. i had two roommates and we use to leave the apt, turn off all the lights, and lock the doors...when we came back all the lights were turned on and the outside doors were all open. we asked whatever it was to stop it and it never happened again. We use to watch tv and the lights would turn off or on, you could hear the actual flick of the light switch...even though we were all in the same room and nobody else was around. lets see, picture frames use to fly off the shelves...not like fall off, but fly horizontally for awhile then drop suddenly. we use to have parties and take pictures...in most of the pictures there was real intense fog or smoke looking stuff around all the people...not cigarette smoke, but thick, bright, stuff. i never actually saw anything like a ghost...but it freaked me out when my night light would turn out at night and the blankets would be pulled off from my bed. when i was packing my things getting ready to move out one night the lights all turned off in my room and something pulled my hair. I also never got really good sleep there...i had a bunch of nightmares and always heard scary laughter right before i'd fall asleep. anyway, haven't lived in a haunted place since...thank god.

16. BelaLugosi

Oct 28, 2004
  17. cyndilt76

cyndilt76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    i try and take a sharp stake every time i go to the graveyard late at night-- but that's probably because i've watched too much buffy.

i went on the jack the ripper tour in london, and that was pretty creepy. they had just finished telling us about someone that had been murdered and buried in the fireplace, and i felt a hand on my shoulder and i turned around thinking it was my father trying to scare me, but of course when i turned around there was no one there. ooooooooooooo! scared the crap out of me!

the house i used to live in, my parents built. they tore down a small house that an old lady lived in-- her son was so pissed about her selling the house that he went over there, shot her, and shot his sister , then shot himself. creepy huh? i alawys felt like there was badness in that house, and i always heard wierd noises. i am glad my parents moved.

18. Andromeda13

May 31, 2005
    Thanks for the info! I haven't missed it after all! For any of you who haven't seen it, it's worth your time to check it out. Pretty fun show! :D

19. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003

Yvonne and I did that 2 years ago too! That was a awesome tour. The person who conducted the tour was moonlighting....during the day he was a Beefeater at the London Tower!

20. cyndilt76

Apr 27, 2005
    nice...that's pretty funny-- a moonlighting beefeater, just sounds funny.

i did it in mid school when i went with my parents, i get freaked out easily so it was good to have dad there :)

when i went by myself a year and a half ago i decided against the jack the ripper bit, and just hit the tower-- very cool.
    i went on a haunted york tour and a cemetary tour in edinburgh though, both mildly cheesy.

21. BelaLugosi

Oct 28, 2004
    I took a cemetary tour in Edinburgh as well. And while the tour was cheese, the greyfriar cemetary was awesome. they estimated that while there are only 400 -some gravestones in the yard, theres 5000+ bodies due to plague-era mass graves. all unmarked. That cemetary has a bad history with the dumpings, the grave robbings for scientific research in the early 1800s and people from oposite sides of the catholic/protestant conflicts burried next to eachother. Edinburgh- my favorite city anywhere.

22. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    I wish I was able to do some hunting when I was in New England, they have a lot of really cool places to go.

23. cyndilt76

Apr 27, 2005
    me too!!! one of my favorite pictures from my trip i took in that cemetary-- i don't know what it is about cemetaries, and ruined abbeys/cathedrals...i'm a sucker for them. i love scotland...sigh

24. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    same here... I went on the tour in Edingburgh for the ghosts, everything was fine except for the tunnels, I could not make myself go into the tunnels - literary, stood there trying to walk thru the entrance and felt hands on my chest, I told the tour guide I was leaving and ran back to my hostel.

25. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I do not do well in cramped confines either! Yvonne and I went to one of the best haunted cemetary's in America...it is located in Savanah GA. It is a beautiful place...but man it gets creepy in the late afternoon/early evening!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.