main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Don't Cross The Streams! The Ghostbusters Franchise (Afterlife, Frozen Empire)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthMane2, May 28, 2014.

1. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    you are ridiculous.

jp-30 likes this.
  2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    lol.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    It sounds like English is coming out of his mouht but I just don't understand the words he is saying...

Point Given likes this.
  4. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Ok, not a sequel or reboot. Re-imagining then? It still sucks donkey balls nonetheless.

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002

not really "re-imaginging" since that would be taking the same concept and flipping it on its head. say if they were to re-imagine Child's Play. the movie would be quite similar but they would twist it so that it was actually the kid committing all of the murders.
    [​IMG]

actually, i've been told that was one of the original drafts of the movie. chucky was never alive, and the kid's deterioration into psychopathy was just the product of crazed overconsumerism.
    but things changed and they decided to add the voodoo serial killer plot.

6. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    I am glad to be able to sign on every so often and see that the JCC is still as hilarious as it's ever been. Feels like coming home.

7. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    I got nothing against female Ghostbusters, but all female? Why not just reboot Charlie's Angels with men? Or maybe cast Ben Affleck as Wonder Woman. (Granted I would watch that movie)

8. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I did not realise 'busters' in the context of a extermination squad was a gender specific term.

9. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    ghostbustiers oh my god that was terrible

10. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    That sounds awesome.

Also lol white dudes afraid of women and change.

11. squir1y

Feb 1, 2003

Ah there it is! Brand anyone who thinks the concept is a bad idea as a sexist. Classy move. *clap clap clap* Also, how do you know I'm white? Is it that obvious?

12. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    SJWs are taking over this internet!

13. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    GAMERGHAZI

Drac39 likes this.
  14. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    Oh man that was easy. I

Darth Guy likes this.
  15. squir1y

Feb 1, 2003

"Yes it's true. This man has no ****." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Beezer likes this.
  16. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Having them be all female is a gimmick designed to get attention, especially considering how they announced it right off the bat. And the fact that they have to start with a gimmick makes me very worried.

They really should have just continued it in the same universe. If I am not mistaken, Venkman had a son. That's a good place to start. Throw in some cameos by the originals for nostalgia value - as well as a subtle tip-of-the-cap reference to Harold Ramis, whom we lost recently - and you'd have a pretty good recipe right there to work with.

17. squir1y

Feb 1, 2003

I think there are so many actors, male and female, that would make great Ghostbusters. I say mix up the races and genders so everyone is happy. Male/female dynamics can be quite funny. And I would've at least kept Aykroyd around as the mentor type who will train the newbies. A missed opportunity...

18. wall of sick

wall of sick Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 9, 2014
    i think they should have one ghostbuster that is all races and sexes at the same time. why does there need to be a team of ghostbusters? with the technological progress of the last thirty years, one ghostbuster can handle even the worst spook infestation.

tom likes this.
  19. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    if this is the case it's clearly working. but from what i've seen it's mostly negative attention from sexists. weird that they would go for that.

20. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    XD

squir1y likes this.
  21. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    I think it is pretty juvenile to call anyone that doesn't like this move sexist or misogynistic, as several people in this thread are doing and/or implying. Believe it or not, it is possible for someone to want a movie reboot to follow the same (or at least very similar) formula as the originals, and still not necessarily hate women with every fiber of their being.

22. Adam of Nuchtern

Sep 2, 2012

anakinfansince1983 and dp4m like this.
  23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    explain to me why the gender of the ghostbusters prevents the reboot from following the same formula as the originals.

24. squir1y

Feb 1, 2003
    Well that argument aside, it doesn't make sense really to go that way. I'll bet my left unmentioned organ that the vast majority of Ghostbusters fans are, in fact, male. And males like to see other males kick ***. Simple as that. That kind of thing doesn't seem to matter anymore. Good example: the majority of football fans are also male. Yet in the last few Super Bowls, they had female pop stars performing at the half time shows. They held an online poll to see who fans would like to see perform. Van Halen won by a landslide. Who'd they get? Beyonce. Close enough I guess. I understand there are female fans and that's awesome. But, sexism or not, you're alienating the majority of your fan base and what they want to see. Sure, Bridesmaids made money, but how many men do you think went to see it without women? So I guess the new Ghostbusters will be a great date movie!

Beezer likes this.
  25. Adam of Nuchtern

Sep 2, 2012

anakinfansince1983 likes this.