main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Ghosts of the Force (Luke, Leia, Anakin 1/1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LVB, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LVB

LVB Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2005
    Ghosts of the Force

Author: LVB

Disclaimer: LucasFilm Ltd owns it all. No infringement intended.

Summary: Sometimes, forgiveness is the only way to truly understand. Sometimes, the truth is the only thing that matters. [Anakin Skywalker, Luke, Leia]

Spoilers: ROTS, 2004 DVD release version of Return of the Jedi

A/N: *waves* I've finally de-lurked! While this is by no means my first story, it is the one I've decided to post first. I'm trying to get out of my bad lurking habits on this board. And I just wanna say how much I love this face [face_dancing] Enjoy!

--

It was late. Leia peered at the chrono that was stationed on the medcentre?s bedside table. She should be asleep. Her day had been?rough. Actually, rough was an understatement. Today Leia Organa Solo had given birth to twins. Han had finally gone home for the night, albeit reluctantly. The twins were asleep in matching cribs at the side of her bed. The crib?s datapads proudly bore their names. Jaina and Jacen Solo.

Leia could already tell that her precious children were Force-sensitive. With what little she knew of the Force, she felt their signatures pulsating. If she let go, her own would mingle in with those of her children. It was truly an experience. Leia chuckled. They weren?t even a day old and already their abilities of the Force were stronger than her own.

Luke would have been proud. Her mind wandered to the subject of her brother. A long time ago, both of them had shared the same womb, like Jaina and Jacen. And perhaps they had once lain sleeping side by side in a medcentre. As if on cue, she heard a soft knock on the door.

It was Luke. ?I hope I?m not disturbing you,? he apologised and quietly entered the room. Leia shook her head.

?No, it?s fine. Just try to keep it quiet, they?ve just gotten down.?

Luke nodded in acceptance and sat in the chair next to her bed. He smiled and peered into the cribs and looked specifically at the datapads. ?You had them do a midichlorian test,? he stated, his facial expression not revealing his thoughts.

Leia nodded. ?Yeah, I did.?

Luke sighed in appreciation. ?I?m impressed, Leia. 9,000 each.? He smiled and looked at his sister. Her face showed signs of her exhaustion but she was glowing. He was happy for her. He moved the chair back to be beside her. He held her hand and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. ?You did well, Leia. Real good.?

?Thank you, Luke. I just hope twins don?t run that strongly in the family. I?d hate to put Jaina though it,? she joked. He squeezed her hand in support. ?You?ll make great parents. And I?ll make a great uncle. Have you held them yet??

Leia couldn?t help the few tears that trickled down her face. ?I held them just after they were born. They were covered in blood and screaming their lungs out but I didn?t care. They were so beautiful, Luke. And I couldn?t help but think of us being placed in our mother?s arms like that. What she must have felt,? she whispered, using the medcentre gown?s sleeves to wipe her tears away.

?Your mother never got to hold you like that,? a soft, masculine voice spoke from the doorway. Spinning around, Luke and Leia?s faces became shocked. There stood, in the ghostly blue, Anakin Skywalker. He chuckled at his obvious effect on his children. He ventured further into the room. Neither Luke nor Leia said a word for a few moments, their minds still trying to register the sight before them.

?F-f-father,? Luke finally managed to say, after the initial shock had worn off. He had seen his father?s spirit before and even spoken to him on occasion, yet he had always appeared when he had been alone.

Her stern facial expression confirmed that suspicion. Luke could feel her turmoil through the Force. She had only come to acknowledge that Bail had not been her biological father recently. It didn?t mean she had forgiven Anakin. It didn?t mean she had accepted that Darth Vader was her father.

Anakin smiled sadly. ?Hello Luke. Hello Leia.?

Leia turned her h

2. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    My, that was a work of beauty. Very touching and well-written. It opens, for us as well as Leia and Luke, that bit of Anakin's persona that so few of us seem to have grasped. The modicum of good that Luke still felt in his father is at last here defined. Nice work! =D=

3. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    This was amazing. =D=

great way for Leia to finally see that her father hadn't been a monster.

4. ClonedEmperor

ClonedEmperor Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    All i can say is i love it... :)

5. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great stuff!

6. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    This is definitely the best, and most logical, story I have read that explains why Han and Leia named their second son Anakin.
    A beautiful piece of writing. :)

7. LVB

LVB Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2005
    Sebulba2179
    My, that was a work of beauty. Very touching and well-written. It opens, for us as well as Leia and Luke, that bit of Anakin's persona that so few of us seem to have grasped. The modicum of good that Luke still felt in his father is at last here defined. Nice work!

Thank you very much! You got first post! :D I hope I did Anakin's spirit justice, I think they needed to see him as a man. Cookies!

JediMaster_Jen
    This was amazing.

great way for Leia to finally see that her father hadn't been a monster.

Thanks for your positive feedback. I wasn't happy with the way Leia dealt with Anakin, so I'm glad you liked the way I had to perceive her father.

ClonedEmperor

All i can say is i love it...
    Thank you! Your feedback is much apprecaited. [:D]

ccp
    Great stuff!

Thank you for commenting. Cookies for you for a year!:D

Solo_Fan

This is definitely the best, and most logical, story I have read that explains why Han and Leia named their second son Anakin.
    A beautiful piece of writing.

I hope I did the idea justice. I couldn't find much that reflected Leia's acceptance of her father and it must have been there for her to name her youngest after him. Thanks for your input! :D

8. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    Wonderfull. It was both sad and happy. You realy captured the moment of reconciliation between Anakin and Leia masterfuly.

9. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    That was a much better version of how Leia came to name her second son Anakin than the Dark Jedi comic book. In there, she just TOLD Han the baby's name was Anakin, without discussing it, or asking him if it was alright. I HATED that, because Leia wouldn't do that. Sometimes I think the profic writers are on spice. Anyway..... GREAT JOB! :D

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh yeah, definitely handled better here than in the EU. Bravo! =D=

11. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    This is a great first story! I sense we can expect great things from you, LBV. Marvelous things indeed.... :)

12. Pokey

Pokey Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Best 'explaining the past to the kids' story I've ever read. Wonderfully done.

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I am sitting here streaming tears. That was more than beautiful, touching and poignant. Wow, that in itself is almost enough to make me believe that Anakin deserved redemption... no mean feat in my eyes. (just don't tell rhonderoo ;) )

14. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    i have 2 opinions about this.

1-:_| :_|:_|
    2-=D= =D=

15. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    [face_worried]

Leia was struck with a realisation. Her father was holding her children. The man she had hated and detested stood here, telling her the tragedy that had forced him to turn to the Dark Side.

She didn?t hate him. The realisation brought a new sense of courage to her. Using the bed as support, she lifted herself out of the bed. This was the man her mother had fallen in love with. He wasn?t Darth Vader. He was a husband, a father. He had been scared. He had been torn apart by his love for his wife and his children.

:_|

Very sweet vig!! *sniff* Thank you for sharing. @};-

And welcome to the boards, LVB!! I've seen your name quite a few places and I'm glad you decided to de-lurk here. :D

16. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I caught you, Leona... ;):p

Beautiful story, LVB!!! It's good to see you here!!! :D It's very poignant and just how I would imagine things would happen.

17. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Oh wow... this was beautiful. So sweet and sad and happy and wonderful. Bravo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.