main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Giants & Dolphins to play regular season game in London

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Baron-Soontir-Fel, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    Considering NFL Europe (or 'Europa') has actually been downsized, this doesn't seem to make too much sense: Europe is a lost cause in terms of being a viable NFL market. If anything, a game in Australia (to complement the preseason game in China) would make more sense to build up interest in the Pacific.

I feel sorry for Londoners because they'll be subjected to the inferior Manning and a rebuilding Dolphins team. :p

2. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    I hope Man U and Chelsea or other big name squads play in the US some day soon (in an actual match not an exhibition)

3. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I'd totally be there for that. :)

4. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    Wow, the Dolphins are just screwing their fans, eh? A terrible idea, especially when you lose a home game.

5. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    It's a hell of a better first step into a foreign country than having the 49ers and Cardinals playing in Mexico. At least both these teams could be slightly decent.

6. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    If the NFL played a game here I would attempt to get tickets I think. So I hope this concept is expanded in the future.

7. JOHNNY-B

JOHNNY-B Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2003
    One bad move after the next... Seems the Dolphins are just letting everyone screw that heck out of them. Why play overseas? There more soccer fans then they are football. We are the only country that does this (sends our teams to play overseas) when it should be played on U.S. soil. As a Dolphin fan...this really piss me off to no end. I could see if there was a purpose behind this, but what purpose does this serve? I could see if this was an international event, but it's not. It doesn't mean anything to the people in London; it means more to the fans of, Miami and New York. Which is why it should be played in the U.S...It has more meaning. I hope this is the last time the NFL pulls a stunt like this. They need to focuse on the fans here. Not the fans overseas...

8. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I hate these sorts of arrangements. It screws the home fans out of a home game. I can understand how other countries may like to see famous teams playing a home game elsewhere, but IMO the place the club comes from is more important than taking a home match abroad.

9. Saruman-the-White

Saruman-the-White Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 1, 2005
    If it's in the near future, the Jets would have to be one of the teams involved, as it would be a homecoming for their punter (Ben Graham) and their coach Eric Mangini (sort of :p ).

10. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    I'm not sure how often this happens, but I know Notre Dame plays Boston College in Ireland a few years from now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.