main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Giants sign Bonds!

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by PRENNTACULAR, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2006
    Sometimes, things happen that people don't want to see. What do you think Jackie Robinson was?
    But that's how life is, so when it happens, get over it.

2. George_Roper

George_Roper Jedi Knight star 7

May 1, 2005
    lol

3. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I wonder how Bonds feels about the decision passed down Wednesday by the federal appeals court. Nervous? Scared? Uncaring?

4. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Jan 7, 2006

I should think the last, seeing how he reacts, or more like how he doesn't, to this whole ordeal. Well, at least to the public.

5. Arminca

Arminca Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2006
    Ah, is it the Bonds curse to remain a Giant? Or is it his salvation?

Yes, he's not young anymore and with those surgeries on the knees, he's not as fast on left field either. At least he was lucky to get re-signed for the $16 mil.

But, Bonds is the Giants! What are the Giants without its Bonds? We need Bonds to Boo him when he comes to play in L.A. Ah, the great rivalry.

Bonds is such a great character in the world of baseball. From the skinny young guy who played with the Pirates to the Big Juiced Player we now know him as. What if there wasn't a Bonds? It will all just be plain. He brings an essence to the game with his mere presence!

Bonds was meant to retire as a Giant! It's his destiny! With another team he would be in the shadows. The Bay area needs him. Yes, the SF fans jeer and cheer him , but overall they love him.

He brought so much to SF. What more can they ask for?

6. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Jan 7, 2006
    I'm thinking you're being sarcastic, but sarcastic optimism is somewhat better than none at all. Since you're a Dodger fan, you wouldn't know how Giants fans treat him, I should think. So let me tell you: for some odd reason, they love him. Never a boo from a loyal SFer, ever, at AT&T Park. That should clear things up.

7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    But, Bonds is the Giants! What are the Giants without its Bonds? We need Bonds to Boo him when he comes to play in L.A. Ah, the great rivalry.

The rivalry will always live on, long past when Barry retires.

8. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Matthews Jr. did get agreat deal, but to be fair he had an outstanding season last year.

9. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    He had one outstanding season, and mostly mediocre ones. And hes an average fielder with the reputation of a great fielder because of one play (though admittedly it was a spectacular play)... yeah, I think that deal will be regretted pretty early on.

10. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Jan 7, 2006
    Amen to that. I mean, it was, if possible, better in the golden ages of baseball, the 50's or something like that. Now it's more like an unreciprocated hatred for the bums and their fans, as I've heard and witnessed. But I must admit, some of the best moments of this rivalry have come from Bonds.

11. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Of course they have. Once he retires, we'll either A) find somebody else on the team to boo the loudest or B) boo the whole damn team extremely loud. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.