main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Giddy with Gladsomeness. L/M. Little oneshot for ginchy.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Aug 18, 2011.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Giddy with Gladsomeness.

Author: Jade eyes.

Genre: Humor and mush

Characters: L/M, and H/L.

Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun.

Summary: Luke and Mara spring the news of their engagement to Han and Leia with interesting and lovely results.

Alternating first persons.

Luke

I took Han aside during the negotiations, or what he called wrangling over who would have precedence during the peace talks.

He rolled his eyes. "Politicians! You always have to ... lick their boots ..."

I laughed. "Leia certainly does have to."

"No, but she has to ... stroke their egos a bit more than I could stomach. Well... you sure saved the NRs back-side by bringing back that Caamas document. And the way you scurried off to rescue Mara..." He winked. "I told Leia I just knew there was more to it than just Jedi heroics."

I grinned, fit to bust. "We're engaged."

Han's eyes danced, but he didn't look a whit surprised. "Ha! She's hotter than Callista ever was... even when she had that last command hanging over her head, I always felt the sparks between you."

"Really?"

Han laughed. "Hey, it's me! I'm the king of electricity mingled with oblivious denial."

I laughed.

"How do you think Leia will take it?"

"She'll be thrilled that you're happy, and found the one you're supposed to be with." Han said sincerely.

I found out that Han was right. When I sprung the news on Leia during an intermission, she was delighted and squeezed me breathless.

Mara

I was stuck all day in meetings with Karrde and other housecleaning chores with my personal business and with a smooth transitioning of my position with his organization.

Luke and I agreed that he'd tell Han and Leia... I was secretly relieved :p but still, once they knew, I'd have to deal with their ... reactions. [face_worried]

But Han just gave me a large wink when he saw me, and Leia gave me a big hug.

I don't know if she and I will ever be at the slumber-party stage [face_laugh] ;) but I've always respected and admired her, so now we have a chance to get to know each other on an even footing.

She grinned and teased me: "Now I can finally get some long-overdue nieces and nephews."

Luke blushed, and I smirked. "Working a little fast, aren't you, Leia?" I asked.

"Hey! It's not my fault you guys took so long." Leia teased.

She's been married to Han too long, I thought. [face_laugh]

Luke caught the thought and stifled a laugh.

Later, at the celebratory dance, he held me extra tightly. "I can't wait to get you out of here." He whispered in my ear, after blowing gently into it.

I shivered. "And what, precisely, do you have in mind?"

A leisurely shared saniisteam followed by even longer caresses floated from his mind to mine.

I could seriously get used to this Force-bond thing, I mused.

"Like the idea, Mara?" he asked.

"Get me out of here, Farmboy, and you'll find out." I rejoined.

++++

Woohoo! That was all kinds of fun!

Huggles!!

2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    What a title!! :D ginchy is now giddy with gladsomeness, too! [:D] I really can't get tnough of these stories where Luke and Mara tell Han and Leia they're getting married. I really can't. And this one was very sweet. And like Mara, I don't think she'll ever have a slumber party with Leia... but she can have more fun and interesting sleep-overs with Luke. [face_mischief] Thank you, lady! You're too sweet!

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Great title and atmosphere :D =D=

Loved the reactions from the Solos.

This was fun!

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    This was really sweet.

Wookiee hugs all around!

5. pinkpearl89

pinkpearl89 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2010
    "Hey, it's me! I'm the king of electricity mingled with oblivious denial."

Oh Han...of course you are...

[face_laugh][face_laugh] Super fun, Jade!

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    fun from the master of Mush and Squee

7. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    he grinned and teased me: "Now I can finally get some long-overdue nieces and nephews."

Luke blushed, and I smirked. "Working a little fast, aren't you, Leia?" I asked.

"Hey! It's not my fault you guys took so long." Leia teased.

Nope, and she can tease them all she pleases...

"Like the idea, Mara?" he asked.

"Get me out of here, Farmboy, and you'll find out." I rejoined.

Oh... [face_love]

8. LoriLynn

LoriLynn Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2011
    "Hey, it's me! I'm the king of electricity mingled with oblivious denial."
    I LOVE that line! It's absolutely perfect! Thankfully they can admit it now.

Beautiful, sappy little post. Brightened my morning!

9. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Very nice. I like Han's reaction. And Leia is already nagging them about kids. She sounds like my mother after I had been married for 10 years and was still childless (It took a couple more years for her to get her two grandsons).

I was always curious as to what Luke and Mara did after escaping the caves. Union takes place I think months after their escape. I love fics that take place in that time span.

Beautiful little viggie!