main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Gifts and Curses (Tahiri, One Shot, weird/nutty/just plain odd post-NJO AU. Please take a look.)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Vongchild, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Thanks for clicking!

Title: Gifts and Curses
    Author: Vongchild
    Genre: General, AU, Angst, Romance
    Summary: When a rogue shaper gives Tahiri a once-in-a-lifetime chance to honor Anakin?s memory, she pounces on it. But later, realizing she cannot bear her burden alone, she appeals to Han and Leia for help.
    Keywords: Tahiri, A/T, artificial insemination

[b]Gifts and Curses[/b]

[i] "The only thing you take with you when you're gone is what you leave behind." ?John Allston[/i]

[i]
    It wasn?t my right to bring any of this upon Han and Leia. They were so kind to me during the war ? they treated me almost as if I were their own child. And then what I did, without even asking, or telling them. It?s their right to be angry. I wouldn?t be surprised if they tossed me out on the street.

What happened? And then having to explain myself to them four months later? It was horrible; like I?d betrayed them somehow?

People deserve to know if they are going to become grandparents much sooner than five months before it happens: especially if it is by a son who has been dead five years. What the shaper offered me I can?t really explain properly. But I didn?t see it as a way to bring Anakin back. It was too late for that. Five years too late. What I saw it as was a chance to honor his memory.

Everyone deserves a legacy.

Did you know that in some cultures if a man dies it is permissible for his brother to marry his wife? It?s true, and it?s all for the sake of legacy.

No one deserves to be forgotten, even the evil people. You have to remember people, in order to learn from them. And the good ones who die young, who don?t leave anything behind, those are the ones that have to be remembered the most.

Its lucky for that project when the shapers were trying to decode the force. They had Anakin?s genetics on file. What equipment the shaper had in her lab wasn?t enough to create a clone, and besides, I don?t think Anakin would have wanted that. But the equipment was sufficient enough to create the right cells to create a child.

Like I said, everyone deserves a legacy.[/i]

At this point, Han and Leia are hovering right over me.

?We?ve decided what to do with you,? Han says bitterly, pointing to the door. ?Get out.?

Leia puts a hand on his shoulder. ?No, Han,? she says. ?Let her stay. After all? She?s family.?

[b]Fin.[/b]

2. Rajak

Rajak Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2005
    That was good....no, that was great. I loved it =D=

3. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Really? You didn't think it was too vague? Thanks!

4. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Omigawd you are not allowed to be on page two ALREADY! Up! Up, you ungrateful little bunny! :p

5. Guidance

Guidance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    Like I said, everyone deserves a legacy.

Vongchild, you could have just ended it right there and I would have loved it anyways. But with just one line from Han you reflect the pain we saw in Anni Deuce's funeral on Hapes.

Most excellent job.=D= =D==D=

6. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Guidance- New reviewer who I've never seen before in my life! Yay! *huggles* Thanks for the awesome review!

As for the bit at the end, it's because plot bunnies are always evolving. Sometimes only a line from the original concept remains once I finish pruning.

7. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    That's IT????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/////

8. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Yes, Sil. That's it.

9. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    =D=

=D=

=D=

=D=

Very good. Nicely structured, nicely constructed... I particularly like the way Han and Leia's two opposed lines at the end encapsulate all the history they have as individuals and a couple, both with regard to what underlies this particular incident, and in general...

Bearing that in mind - are we supposed to be asking questions of Tahiri here, or just taking it at her own assessment?

Works either way, btw! :)

- The Imperial Ewok

10. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Ewok- May I be your apprentice? Please? I don't eat much and I'm housebroken. I dress myself and tie my own shoes - I'm practically a hassle-free padawan! ;)

Thanks for the high praise!

11. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    This is amazing. Easily the best post-NJO vig I've ever read. Great job. But please, MORE, MORE I TELL YOU!! :p

12. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Psst. she lied, she eats like a lion, and isn't house trained. ;) :p Joking of course.

That sounds like it'd fit in a JAcen/Tahiri fic. :p But even though it wasn't, this was good. Extremely short, and nice, especially considering it was a plot bunny. Good job, and sorry 'bout not reading it last night.

13. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Jek- I kind of put half of this bunny on hold, so someday when I have a spare hour I'll write the rest.

Dev- You forgot my horrible hygene habits and shoe-tying skills. ;)

14. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
  15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Short, but well done! =D=

16. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Very nice and well done Vongchild.

17. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Oh yes, the fact you only take a shower once a month. :p And your shoes come untied with every step. :p

Oh and up, just incase somebody who wants to read it hasn't.

18. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    What about wiping my nose on my sleeves? ;)

19. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
  20. deadly_little_miho

deadly_little_miho Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 2005
    AIIIIIIIII! I loved it! Good job, Aliza! This is one of the best A/T fics I've read (however, considering that i've only read three, that's not really saying a lot [face_whistling] ....) *huggle huggle* One more thing--why didn't you tell me you could write like this?! :mad: Seeya Monday!

21. s_skywalker

s_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    loved it !!
    loved it !!
    loved it !!
    :D

22. Tahiri_Rose

Tahiri_Rose Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2004
    It was a beautiful encapuslation of Tahiri's thoughts and an insight into the pain she has suffered. I liked how you made her introspective and reflective, makes the whole thing work. The only thing I can think to complain about is that it is far far too short.

Tahiri_Rose

23. double_blade

double_blade Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2005
    very nice...interestng look at legacys

im glad its short...easy to understand...doesnt take away time i dont have
    how to see more of this type of wok from you

24. Jedi_Fel

Jedi_Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2005
    okay only one Q... if they reached a decision why did they disagree?

other then that IT is very good. not vauge at all.

25. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Stormtrooper_TK-421 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    wow...Tahiri! :eek: and yeah...I don't have any further words right now besides, "Wow", because I'm still trying to get my mind around what happened. Wow...oops, I said it again! :oops:

that was a great vig, nicely done. =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.