main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

GIL: Crystal Skull/Indiana Jones Fans Social Thread

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by FORCEFED, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    Kids today...

I'll tell you though, Spielberg knows how to make money. He knew what he was doing when he cast LeBouf, who is now a big box office draw.

2. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Shia LaBeouf's rise to stardom has been a surprise, to me at least. I remember fives or six years ago seeing him on Disney's Even Stevens and calling him Ben Savage Lite. Now I'm weeks away from buying his action figure.

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I recall seeing him about that time as well, on Leno. My brother and I remarked on how mature and actually funny he seemed for a teen. We commented that we hoped he'd go on to good things. Haven't actually seen any of his recent films, but in general I am well disposed towards him. So I hope he's great as Mutt :)

-sj loves kevin spacey

4. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    He was hilarious on Even Stevens. He also put in a rather good performance in Disturbia.

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Haven't seen Disturbia yet, but I agree that he was great on Even Stevens. I used to watch that show just to laugh at him.

6. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    Its a pretty decent remake of Hitchcock's Rear Window.

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm, yea, I should probably check that out.

On another note, I just found an article that says that Indy IV's running time is supposed to be 123min. Hopefully that'll be 123min. of goodness that won't disappoint. ;)

8. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Cool. Not too long or short. Good time.

I was kind of mad about Disturbia, but just because all the young people were like, "Woah! Great idea!" and I was just like, "WATCH REAR WINDOW!!" It might be good, I just hate it when people never care about the film something is based on (if the original is already good).

-sj loves kevin spacey

9. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I have seen both and I enjoy and respect both films for different reasons. I thought the Disturbia take on Rear Window was well done.

10. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    Teens today do not like old movies.

11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I know. But I have heard Disturbia was good so I might see it. There are some good updates and re-takes of films. Not many, but some.

-sj loves kevin spacey

12. Barack_Obama

Barack_Obama Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2008
    Indiana Jones is great because not only is he an American icon, he's a global icon, and I am extremely proud of the work Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford have done in bringing such an iconic character back to the silver screen.

13. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Thanks Barack. Are you going to have time to go see it, though? Also, I can only assume you are ok with a new Mutt Jones series, as it would be CHANGE

-sj loves kevin spacey

14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh no. And I thought I could escape the politics here. :p

What's up with you saying us Pennsylvanians are bitter? o_O

I am not bitter! *stomps foot*

15. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004

I second that and also thanks to George Lucas. :D:D:D

16. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    If it wasn't for George Lucas Spielberg might have gone on to direct Never Say Never Again instead of Raiders.

17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Whew, we dodged a bullet on that one. Bond is fun, but Indy is beyond.

-sj loves kevin spacey

18. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    *gets in line, hopes experience will be at least memorable enough as the old GIL thread in the 3SA* :p :D

2008: The 50th season of L.A. Dodger baseball! :cool:

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well only if we actually get people on the forums to realize we *have* an Indy IV board! Geez.

-sj loves kevin spacey

20. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Just wanted to say I posted something in the banner thread. I know new posts in stickies can go unseen for a while.

Also, Indy 4 is going to be awesome. Thank you.

21. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    For the 19 years since Last Crusade, it better be. :p It doesn't get much better than that movie.

2008: The 50th season of L.A. Dodger baseball! :cool:

22. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    Raiders of the Lost Ark

23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Oh, that.

-sj loves kevin spacey

24. Darth_Sprocket

Darth_Sprocket Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Have you read the USA Today article with HF commenting about his role as Han Solo? He doesn't seem to appreciate the character too much. Curious. I wouldn't consider Han 'dumb'. In fact, there are some aspects of Han's character that I like better than Indy. Anyway, they're both great characters, and I'm sure Indy4 will be very good. I just don't like it when actors diss roles that bring them great fame & fortune. It sounds petty. Maybe it's just an ego thing. Indy is his role, and Han was just another cog in the machine.

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Actually, it's funny that you should mention that. I honestly see Han and Indy pretty much as the same character except one is in space and the other is from our place and time(or roughly :p ). I can understand why he leans more towards Indy as that is the role that really made his name well-known, but I don't think it's fair to say that Indy is more complex than Han. There's just too many similarities.

Although, regarding the bit about him trashing SW - that's just one of those things that has been misinterpreted for far too long. Sure, he's not a fan of the series and he'd rather have other roles above Han, but he totally respects what it has done for his career and is happy that he was a part of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.