main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

GIL: Crystal Skull/Indiana Jones Fans Social Thread

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by FORCEFED, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    There's an interview with Lucas and Spielberg at EW.com. It's nothing new, but some funny stuff to read.

2. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I've been so busy lately I've had a hard time keeping up with all the Indy news. I'm a film major at my university and I've been working on a group film round the clock. I may be offline days at a time but I will get gabe's awesome banner up.

Hey solojones aren't you a film student as well?

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I completely understand where you're coming from, Gobi. I think most of us in college are in a similar situation at the moment. It's not fun. :(

Although, 15 days till graduation! [face_dancing]

4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I think Indy is a bit more complex than Han, or at least we see the complexities of Indy more than Han. The reason is that Indy's the character in his films. So he's the thrust of the stories and thus his development is front and center. I feel like you have to imagine a lot of stuff happening for Han off screen, but with Indy you get more time to know him. As an actor, that's always going to be preferable, both for prestige and the opportunity of character development.

Gobi, I'm sorry you're so swamped. Know what that's like, man. I'm not actually a production film student yet, but last semester I did an intensive semester program and it was tons of work. Also, I didn't have internet :( But now I just have the tons of work in my writing major that I can do in my room instead of out on set ;) 2009 is when I plan on going to grad film school.

-sj loves kevin spacey

5. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

The Last Crusade has always been my favorite out of the bunch. The way the character of Henry Jones was played by Connery was superb, and the backstory elements of Indy's life with/without him was done beautifully.

2008: The 50th season of L.A. Dodger baseball! :cool:

2007-2008 L.A. Lakers: 57-25, #1 seed in the West

6. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

The Last Crusade has always been my favorite out of the bunch. The way the character of Henry Jones was played by Connery was superb, and the backstory elements of Indy's life with/without him was done beautifully.

So true Darth Tunick, and I submit the following line as "Exhibit A."

Dr. Henry Jones Senior, "She talks in her sleep."

A classic line for the ages...beautifully delivered by Sean Connery. =D=

7. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    And HF's little nod then the look on his face [face_laugh] Those two definitely had awesome chemistry.

-sj loves kevin spacey

8. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    My two favorite exchanges between them:

HJ: I didn't even know you could fly!?
    Indy: Fly? Yes! Land? No!

HJ:You dolt! Do you really think my son is that stupid to bring my diary all the way back here? You didn't, did you?
    Indy: Well, uh....
    HJ: You did!
    Indy: Look, can we discuss this later?
    HJ: I should have mailed it to the Marx Brothers.
    Indiana Jones: Will you take it easy?
    HJ: Take it easy?! Why do you think I sent it home to you in the first place? So it wouldn't fall into their hands!
    Indy: I came here to save you!
    HJ: Oh yeah? And who's going to come to save you, Junior?!
    Indy: I TOLD YOU- *shoots down the Nazi's in the room* -Don't call me Junior!
    HJ: Look what you did! I can't believe what you did!

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

9. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Henry "I'm as human as the next man."
    Indy "I was the next man.

Last Crusade has, by far, the wittiest dialogue of the first three films.

10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Oh, definitely. It's like they just couldn't stop. So awesome. Really funny.

-sj loves kevin spacey

11. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    Some of my favorite lines:

"Didn't any of you guys ever go to Sunday School?" (as seen in my sig)

"Do you know what the Ark is? Its a transmitter, a radio for speaking to God."
    "You want to talk to God. Let's go see him together. I've got nothing better to do." (I just love Ford's facial expression right here)

"Who knows, in a thousand years, even you may be worth something."'
    "Ha ha ha ha......son of a *****."

"It looks like Germany has declared war on the Jones boys."

And the single funniest part of the trilogy:

"He sticks out like a sore thumb. We'll find him."
    "The hell you will. He's got a two day head start on you, which is more than he needs. Brody's got friends in every town and village from here to the Sudan, he speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom, he'll blend in, disappear, you'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got the grail already."
    "Does anyone here speak English?"

[face_laugh]

12. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    QFT. And the son of a.....***** line is great too. Ford's delivery is perfect.

13. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Absolutely! Hahah, funny every time.

And I definitely agree about the cut to Marcus in the market [face_laugh] I think my favourite comedic line in the whole trilogy might be, "No, no water, thank you. Fish make love in it."

-sj loves kevin spacey

14. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    While on the way to the Dodger game tonight, I noticed a huge Indy 4 billboard just to the left of the freeway. :D

15. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    So has anybody else been drinking Dr Pepper like crazy lately? I can't believe I'm being such a sucker for these marketing tie-ins. But after all these years, it's such a thrill to see Indy back.

Today I ate a bowl of Corn Pops with a light-up spoon. AWESOME!!

16. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Huh. All that stuff is out already? Maybe I'm living under a rock but I have yet to see any Indy stuff on food packaging around here. Then again, I've been too caught up in school work the past few weeks to even take notice of that stuff, so maybe I just missed it. 8-}

17. VladTheImpaler

Apr 13, 2000
    It kinda took me by surprise too. But I guess we're less than a month away now, so maybe it shouldn't be TOO much of a surprise. Here's a picture of my son standing next to a cereal/cheez-it display.

[image=http://www.johnqcasual.com/images/wyatt-indy.jpg]

Does anyone know when the action figures come out?

18. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I've seen the food items on the shelves but haven't seen any large display such as in your photograph. I did pick up a box of Froot Loops so I could get the light-up Indy spoon inside. :cool:

By the way there's a new TV Spot online at TheRaider.net

Also I'm working on a new Raiders of the Lost Ark fan trailer that I hope to complete sometime this week.

19. VladTheImpaler

Apr 13, 2000
    Holy cow. That looks awesome. Best preview so far, IMO.

20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    a light-up spoon?! I'm totally getting some fruit loops even though I hate them :D I went home for the weekend and my parents had bought some Indy cocopuff cereal for me. Didn't eat any, though. I would probably hate it, but I love the box ;)

-sj loves kevin spacey

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Ok, now I have to get myself a box of fruit loops! :p

22. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    There's Indy light-up spoons in several Kellogg's cereal brands. Corn Pops has an Indy flashlight inside it.

23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    But which toy is the coolest? This is important. I've gotta get me some cereal :p

-sj loves kevin spacey

24. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, it appears the film will be PG-13 for adventure violence and scary images. No surprises there.

25. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    [image=http://www.cereal.com/Breakfast-Cereals/frootloops.jpg] [image=http://www.cereal.com/Breakfast-Cereals/cornpops.jpg]
    You must choose wisely.*

*Or get both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.