main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

GIL: Crystal Skull/Indiana Jones Fans Social Thread

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by FORCEFED, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    But... I'm cheap ;)

-sj loves kevin spacey

2. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    The new trailer is online and it is simply BRILLIANT.

3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm happy to report that a whole slew of Indy billboards/bus stop ads have popped up all around my section of the Valley. :D

2008: The 50th season of L.A. Dodger baseball! :cool:

2007-2008 L.A. Lakers: 57-25, #1 seed in the West

4. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    Saw the new trailer with Iron Man. :D

It definitely feels like Indy hasn't missed a beat. This is the same Indy that we saw way back in Raiders.

5. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Saw a commerical whilst watching the Dodger game last night (I've avoided the trailer/all spoilers)..............this movie looks great! :D

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ah, yes...the TV spots. They're constantly playing them in my area, which is a good thing, but I could see people getting sick of them pretty quickly with the rate they're going. But meh.

12 more days! :D

7. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I wound up not being able to avoid the new trailer cause it played before Iron Man. Awesome :D But I haven't seen the TV spots because I ff commercials. I'm pretty spoiler-free, so that makes me happy... although there was something I accidentally heard a couple months ago that I wish I hadn't :_| Ah, well... LESS THAN 2 WEEKS!! Nuts.

-sj loves kevin spacey

8. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I got spoiled as well thanks to the trading cards. I knew that there are two Indy series out right now the original trilogy and KotCS. I came across some trading cards at Walmart simply called "Indiana Jones Movie Cards." It didn't say KotCS anywhere so I went ahead and got two packs. Well they are indeed the KotCS trading cards and I got several spoilerific cards. They're great but I'll wait till after the movie before I buy anymore.

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ugh. You and me both, Gobi. I saw and read(one card in particular) things that I wish I hadn't. I'm so disappointed in myself now. :(

10. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    I'm just looking forward to buying the soundtrack.

11. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    both that and the new Jason Mraz album drops on the same day....it will be a day of music for me.

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    This next week is gonna be great!

As others have said, the soundtrack comes out Tuesday and then the film on Thrusday! 7 days! [face_dancing]

And according to this morning's paper, the local theater I'm going to for the midnight showing will be holding an Indy look-alike contest, so there should be an interesting crowd there. :p

13. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    CNN reports 18 people died during tonight's world premiere in Cannes due to over-exposure to extreme awesomeness.

14. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Next week will actually be a fun week for me. Despite the fact that Lost is not on next week, I've got political primaries and 2 cd's to grab on tuesday, then the movie to see wed night, then the movie again to see on digital screen later that weekend.

15. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    ROTFL!

--MissPadme

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Woah, my thoughts exactly! I'm getting both :D

The worst thing is the spoiler I heard was in the amph thread, which is supposed to be spoiler-free (and shouldn't exist anyway since we have a BOARD). The person who spoiled me was unapologetic. And this was a BIG spoiler about both a character and an overall plot point.

-sj loves kevin spacey

17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001

18. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm glad the Western Conference Finals begin on Wednesday night instead of Thursday, or else I would have a conflict of epic proportions. :p

19. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Actually, I found out the new Jason Mraz album has already been out for a week. [face_blush] But that won't stop me from getting the Indy soundtrack today (Even though technically I already have it and have heard it, but it's the principal of the thing) and seeing if I can't find the 3 action figures I'm missing.

20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

21. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Wish me luck folks! i just found out there's an early showing today at 6:00pm near me, and i'm gonna try and make it [face_praying] i'm so excited i cant even focus on work [face_dancing] [face_laugh]

22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Meh, the early showings aren't the same. You can't beat the midnight shows. That's where all the fun is. ;)

23. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    [face_laugh] well we dont have midnight showings here :(

24. Anakin_Darth

Anakin_Darth Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    Midnight showing for me! How can you miss this movie? IT'S INDY!!

=D=

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Indy [face_dance] Might go see it again today... we'll see.

-sj loves kevin spacey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.