main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gilad Pellaeon Fan Thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by C-3PX, Aug 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Wow, I completely forgot his age. [face_blush]

Besides the possibilities you listed, he could also be in the Republic Outland Defense Force (I think that's the name) that Panaka, Typho, and Tarkin were all in.

2. Pellaeon-Firke

Mar 2, 2004
    BUMP!

Considering how much traffic the Ackbar thread has been getting, maybe we can keep this one going?

3. JoruusCbaoth

JoruusCbaoth Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    I'd love to see this thread stay on the first page.

Any ideas on how we should do that?

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Exiled on a planet in the middle of the Unknown Regions.

By Episode III, Mist Encounter would have already occured. That means that Mr. Thrawn would currently be getting his education at the Academy.

5. JoruusCbaoth

Apr 14, 2003
    Both Nathan Butler's Timeline Gold and Potts/McElroy's Timetales place Mist Encounter shortly after III.

That, and the story itself mentions that barely a week before, President Palpatine had declared himself Emperor of the newly restructured Empire.

6. Pellaeon-Firke

Mar 2, 2004
    Up to compensate for new thread.

7. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    I was suddenly thinking, what will happen if Pellaeon dies? He is sort of holding the Renmant (sp?) together, right? What if he dies?

8. Pellaeon-Firke

Mar 2, 2004
    Presumably he has a successor lined up right now, like the younger Moff whose name I can't remember.

The question is, who would be the new SCoIF?

9. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Pellaeon... dies????

I can't even fanthom such a thought.... he's been around forever....

I will hold a solemn day of mourning when I find out he dies...

I'm getting sad just thinking about it....

It will be tough times in the Remnant when he eventually does though.... Pellaeon brought the remnant to power.... what would stop it from disintegrating.... gobbled up by the Moff Council...

No, must stop typing.... idea.... too sad....

10. JoruusCbaoth

Apr 14, 2003
    I wouldn't be surprised if Saretti wore a second hat as supreme commander.

It wouldn't be my choice, but it's one that I could see the editors making.

There have to be other admirals who are capable of doing the job. With eight sectors, there ought to be eight High Admirals in charge of their sector fleets. Unfortunately, the Del Rey staff aren't big on reading the Imperial sourcebook, so the subordinate officers go conspicuously unmentioned. They would have us believe there are no officers between the ship captains and the old man himself, which is ridiculous.

11. Pelly-Welly

Jan 10, 2004
    Same here, Hammer. You're right, he's been there since forever, and he'll be missed when he dies, I'm sure of that.
    He brought peace to the galaxy.
    He's just a great guy, and I also get sad thinking that one day he will die *sniffle*

12. Pellaeon-Firke

Mar 2, 2004
    In a way, it will be kind of sad. He's the first OC introduced in the modern EU, and still one of the best. Still, he'll have lived a full life, and will hopefully die happy. Wonder if they'll give him a death as he's commanding, or fading away into old age, like Ackbar.

Moving on a little more: when exactly did Pellaeon take control of the Remnant's military, and when did he fully control the Remnant as a military despot, not just slightly above the Council?

13. JoruusCbaoth

Apr 14, 2003
    After Shadow Hand and El Clono's final death, Pellaeon found himself out of a job. His ship was in NR hands, and unfit for service even if he had the forces to recapture her. So he joined Teradoc in the Deep Core as a Vice Admiral, involved in his costly war against Harrsk. In Harrsk and Daala's counterattack, he ordered his ships to stand down, and a meeting between the major deep core warlords was organized. Daala assasinated all of them, and assumed command of their fleets, with Pellaeon as second in command. After her failed attack on Yavin, and the loss of the Knight Hammer, she abdicated and left the old man in charge, where he assumed the rank of Admiral. This was 8 years post-Endor.

After a series of wars for territory, the Remnant was solidified in its current location, abandoning its deep core holdings. I think the Moffs were set up at this time, which had to have been an interesting tale of backroom politics. After Daala's abdication, the reunified fleet was basically a military junta, with no political infrastructure to speak of, just the brute force to occupy and coerce what they needed from whatever words they encountered. A rough figure of 14 years after Endor was about the time Pellaeon lost the Reaper, which he gained in his fight with the Pentastar Alignment, which had floundered after Grand Moff Kaine's death.

14. Pellaeon-Firke

Mar 2, 2004
    Up.

Pellaeon's rank has gone like this, correct?

Lieutenant (Clone Wars)
    Commander or equivalent thereof (Battle of Endor)
    Captain (Heir to the Empire)
    Vice Admiral (Darksaber)
    Admiral/Fleet Admiral (Specter of the Past)
    Grand Admiral (NJO)

15. JoruusCbaoth

Apr 14, 2003
    He's been a captain for a while, actually.

They show him in charge of a group of Acclamators in Republic #64. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he carried the rank of captain at Endor, but was serving as the XO. This is not without precedent, he may in fact have been the "junior" captain aboard the ship. The USS George Washington currently has two captains, one serving as captain, one as XO, while most other carriers have a commander as the XO.

Then there's that bit in the TaB sourcebook about how he was at the academy with a much younger officer, also a captain. I'm curious what happened there.

16. Pellaeon-Firke

Mar 2, 2004
    Bump.

Then there's that bit in the TaB sourcebook about how he was at the academy with a much younger officer, also a captain. I'm curious what happened there.

Any details? I haven't read it, and it seems rather interesting.

17. JoruusCbaoth

Apr 14, 2003
    Yeah, I posted the numbers back on page 22. The guy in question was in his late 30s in Truce at Bakura, and yet he was an academy friend of Pellaeon's, when he was 65 at Endor.

18. Pellaeon-Firke

Mar 2, 2004
    This has died, it seems.

Anyone else hoping for a Pellaeon cameo in Labyrinth of Evil? It would, like I think I mentioned earlier in this thread, fit with Luceno's style. He seems a bit partial to the Old Man, judging by TUF, but there are a lot of people he could give the spot to.

Also a shame there's no Pellaeon in the Dark Nest summary or Dramatis Personae. I've got a feeling he goes out early in the first book to "establish" the new threat as legit. I hope not...

19. JoruusCbaoth

Apr 14, 2003
    Nah, I think it's just in hibernation. I'd rather he not do that, just to prove the writers and editors aren't complete hacks.

20. Count_Solidus

Count_Solidus Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    HELP ME, PELLAEON FANS!

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=18077586

21. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Maybe Pellaeon will grow to be as old as Yoda. :p

22. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    When 900 years you age, Lead Imperials as well you will not. Hmmmmm?

23. neila_nuruodo

neila_nuruodo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    *waltzes in* Bet you didn't know I was still alive! :D :p

24. neila_nuruodo

neila_nuruodo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    *crickets*

Heh, bet I didn't know that you weren't still alive... :(

25. Pelly-Welly

Jan 10, 2004
    Sorry, I rarely come here as I haven't read the NJO, so I mostly can't join in the discussions. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.