main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gilad Pellaeon Fan Thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by C-3PX, Aug 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Up.

I'm out of topics, I think. This place is nearly dead without new membership.

2. neila_nuruodo

neila_nuruodo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Then perhaps what we need is...

...an IV filled with insanity! :D

3. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Maybe you guys can help me...I'm working on an AU fic where Pellaeon decides to try for peace with the New Republic immediately after the Thrawn Crisis - a real attempt at peace, not some backstabbing plan (please don't shoot me if you don't like the idea) and I'm really not that familiar with him, so any of you feel like giving me a quick description of how you see him?

I think of him as reasonable, honorable...very intelligent... and I'm at a loss after that.

Jes

4. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    There's, unfortunately, 2 different Pellaeon characters that I can tell. You have the Pellaeon as seen in Zahn's work (plus Ruin and Destiny's Way), who is very pro-Empire but still realistic. He'd be reasonable with them, but would try to get as much as he could for the Empire, possibly even too much, which could cause problems with the NR. Then there's the Pellaeon as seen in FH, who has been described as "a New Republic man in a Grand Admiral's uniform"--he would be more likely to concede as to what's best for the galaxy but not necessarily as good for the Empire.

If that's not much help, I'm sorry--most GPFT people are or were Fleet Junkies, not fanficcers.

5. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Oh, that's helpful. It sounds like I'm kinda balancing the two out. :)

6. moff_Sammael

moff_Sammael Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2001
    Oh, I'm not sure if Pellaeon in FH: Remnant should be described as "The New Republic man in a Grand Admiral's uniform"... He formally and pragmatically pledged fealty with the newly formed GFFA, but that was because after being hit by the Yuuzhan Vong so hard, the Empire wouldn't survive without some coordination with outside forces. In my mind, Pellaeon was always of the "Empire first" line, and if (or when) the alliance with the GFFA will prove too disadvantageous, he'll most certainly pull out.

7. JoruusCbaoth

JoruusCbaoth Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    Though I think it's clear that the old man wasn't handled properly by certain authors.

I liked the Stackpole and WJW renditions of him, but he was hardly the same character under Williams/Dix.

8. Hurlbut

Hurlbut Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    From the board graves I resurrect thee!

I like the character, that's all I can say.

9. Cmdr_Gabe_E

Cmdr_Gabe_E Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2003
    GIL ROCKS!!! I absolutely LOVE this character :D! Okay, i've only read him/seen him in the Thrawn Trilogy, but there's something about him that makes him stand above the typical imperial officer mold :)! very cool :D! i'm actually looking for more books and comic books were he plays a bigger or more essential role :)! yay for gil fans :D!

10. Bpfashforever

Bpfashforever Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2004
    Hey, just noticed this place. Looks interesting. I, too, am a fan of the old Admiral. He's the kind of Imperial I would gladly serve under (unlike Vader, who admittedly had the not-so rare killunderling syndrome). I still hope someone is gonna do the giant Pellaon vs Ackbar campaign that happened a little before Hand of thrawn. Unless it's been done already?

11. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    not yet :(

It's worth ficcing, if I didn't have other projects going on already.

Sign me up for Pellaeon's fleet.

12. Cmdr_Gabe_E

Cmdr_Gabe_E Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2003
    I, too, wouldn't mind being under Pellaeon's fleet. He's definitely more reasonable, forgiving, and "human" than Vader or Tarkin or Thrawn. And in a way, he's a little less intimidating.

as for Thrawn vs. Ackbar, like AdmiralWesJanson, i don't think that's ever been ficced too x.x!

*Signs up for Pellaeon's fleet too*

It would be an honor to serve the old man of the Empire :D!

13. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    Awesome!! New blood... er, don't take that literally. ;)

Welcome to the fan club. And help us keep it alive!

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Sign me up as well!!

But yes, we need a fanfic of Pelly .versus. Ackbar.

Wasn't there a humour one of the two meeting after the GCW, Wes?

15. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    Pellaeon vs. Ackbar... It has merit. :D

16. Bpfashforever

Apr 14, 2004
    Hey, anyone know what's Pellaeon's been up to as of TJk? I mean, was he mentionned in passing or whatever?

17. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    I don't recall any mention of him. Not that you shouldn't still read it, it's just more about other characters. :)

18. Bpfashforever

Apr 14, 2004
    I happen to like a lot of characters. :D

I just wish the old Admiral got a better treatment. At least he didn't die like Ackbar.

19. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    Hm. He is getting old. I wonder what they will do with them?

Argh! No such thoughts! *hits head* Get out!!

20. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    Hello everyone.

I noticed this thread and couldn't help but post. I was reading Tatooine Ghost just last night, and Pellaeon appears in it. Just fomr what I read, the man's brilliant.

21. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    I thought I'd join in to express my adoration of Pellaeon!!

I always thought of him s pro-Imperial. Which is why I don't get what's going with his appointment in TUQ (don't know if spoilers are allowed here...).

He's one cool cat, that's for sure. And he never dies!!!

22. Thanos6

Thanos6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 1999
    His "new job" in The Unseen Queen made my jaw drop like a rock, and I can't wait to see him fulfill it in The Swarm War. Gilad is now officially the coolest fleet commander in SW history. Even Thrawn is having trouble stacking up.

23. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    :eek: New job?! Where? :D

*begins reading furiously*

24. Darth_Rags

Darth_Rags Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2005
    I like Pellaeon because he is one of the few Imperial officers that can be a real threat.

25. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    Agreed. :D Though I really liked him in TTT, while he was still learning (from the best :p).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.