main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Gillen's Star Wars series talk

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jamminjedi23, Aug 3, 2017.

1. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    This doesn't really fit into the current discussion about the current arc going on so decided to open up a a thread where we could talk about the main Star Wars line once Gillen takes over in a couple months.

He say the first arc is going to deal with Luke learning about the heroes of Rogue One and the story they went through.

Jump ahead to about the 18 minute 30 second mark of this video where he starts talking about his upcoming project.

It will be interesting to see how much they already know and how much they learn about Jyn and crew during the arc. I may be wrong but I would think that Jyn, Cassian, and the others would be household names around the Rebellion by this point in the timeline.

2. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I hope some part of this run connects with what we know about the Rebellion in this period from Twilight Company. The Mid Rim offensive and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Gahhh! I haven't read that issue yet! My spoiled eyes! (cripes that shot looks cool)

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Oh ****, that's Walt Hickey from 538, I sort of know him.

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I am soooo hyped. The lack of focus on the Rebellion has been my biggest problem with Aaron's stuff, so hearing that Gillan wants to focus on that is great

6. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    For the first arc will be interesting to see how much people know about Jyn Erso. Most of the people that knew her personally at all are dead I believe. So while people around the Rebellion should know of Jyn Erso there really shouldn't be anyone around any longer that could give Luke, Leia, and Han any personal details of her. All they should really hear is that Jyn Erso is the name of the person who went on the mission to steal the plans to the Death Star.

vncredleader likes this.
  7. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    it would be interesting if Luke looking into Jyn's history is why he decides to go with the name Rogue Squadron around this time

8. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Definitely. And that very well may be what Gillen is planning. Making it official that that is why he named the squadron Rogue.

9. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Just please, give us more Rogue Squadron. That's all we ask for.

10. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012

Same here. Rogue Squadron (especially Wedge) have really taken a backseat in the NEU.

11. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I just realised that Gillen may very well be on his way to being the Dave Filoni of Marvel's Star Wars

Think about it:

-Contributed towards one of canon's best series which ended just as it was getting good (Darth Vader/ TCW)
    -Created an original character that has become a beloved staple of the franchise (Aphra/ Ahsoka)
    -Refused to kill off said character despite the fact they really should have been killed by Vader (Aphra/ Ahsoka)

12. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    So any races and locations yinz wanna see Gillan use? I want him to use Corellia, the book will be going on in the lead up to the Han film so chances are very high we will see it. As far as races I wanna see Togorians back

tatooinesandworm likes this.
  13. Commander_Andersen

Commander_Andersen Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 10, 2004

I wonder if there's a reason for its neglect. Heck, even if it's just an ongoing comic. Something that starts with an arc focusing on Blue Squadron prior to Rogue One and then jumps to the rebuilding of Red/Rogue Squadron following Yavin. I'd rather they gave us stuff featuring the Squadron between Yavin and Jakku rather than post-Jakku. Great world-building opportunities there - and the opportunity to flesh out a number of background pilots from the original trilogy and Rogue One.

14. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    I'd like to see more Kage in canon!

I'm pretty excited about Gillen taking over, Aaron's run has been kinda dull for a while now and it's time for a change. The last time I was really invested in the main SW series was Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, and that was partially due to Immonen's glorious art.

I'd like to see him or Mark Bagley take over art duties for a while. Larocca's good (aside from some strange proportion moments), but he's had plenty of time to put his stamp on SW.

SilentGuy66 and vncredleader like this.
  15. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Battlefront: Twilight Company must've been right up your alley, then!

16. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    There's one in Inferno too.

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    I'm Cautiously optimistic about Gillen coming in, erring more on the optimistic side. I feel like he's going to be bringing in a clearer vision for the road to Empire that will hopefully streamline the stories a bit better. I'm a tad hesitant because my main motivator for reading this main series is to see parts of Leia's story, but the way he wrote her in The Screaming Citadel way so beyond out of character that I wonder if it'll be worth it. He's mentioned her burgeoning force abilities, plus he;s throwing them into Jedha, I think there's some good story beats for her in that sense, I just hope he pulls it off in a way that's true to her.

Jedi Ben and SilentGuy66 like this.
  18. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015