main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gimp and Gimp Gap problems

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by BruceM, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BruceM

BruceM Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2006
    I have a question. I heard that lightsabers could be made with Gimp. Did they mean Gimp, or Gimp Gap? I have been trouble with downloading Gimp Gap. Could someone get me on the right track.

2. BruceM

BruceM Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2006
    Anyone help?!?!?!? It has been a few days and I found it on the bottom of pg 2

3. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Google, sir. C'mon, put some effort into it.

Snap.

4. krnbanguboi

krnbanguboi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2005
    GIMP and GIMP GAP can both create lightsabers and misc. effects. But before you create another question thread please refer to the Sticky threads or the Lightsaber Effects Thread. Most importantly Google.

5. primetime62

primetime62 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2005
    I beleive Gimp Gap is required for video. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

6. Draconis

Draconis Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2004

Seriously, you have to do some research before you post questions. There have been several threads in the past about Gimp and Gimp GAP.

GAP is "Gimp Animation Package" that allows you to import video footage into the Gimp as individual frames to be able to do spfx in vids. GAP like a plugin that you have to download seperately, but is available for download on the same page, just a bit below, as Gimp, here: Gimp and Gimp Gap.
    There have also been a couple of tutorials posted on this board, me being one of the posters. My tutorial is actually post on my site.

And to end on a note, experienced members of this forum will only help those who can help themselves.

In other words, research it, dowload it, screw it up, screw it up again, and again, then, and ONLY then post a question.

If I'm sounding rude, I'm sorry. I'm just trying to be a bit sarcastic.

(It amlost feels wrongto post in a thread like this)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.