main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL Gina - How did your Educators Exam go?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Leia214, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Guess the title says it all! Hope it went well.

2. MiraNova34

MiraNova34 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    Thanks for asking,
    It was so grueling and stressful. [face_sick] The test was 5 hours long! I wouldn't wish that kind of stress on anyone. I feel like I passed but there were parts that were hard.
    School starts Aug. 25 at the private school I'm teaching at.

3. ---Vossk---

---Vossk--- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2005
    hope you did well!what school will you be teahing at?

4. MiraNova34

Dec 12, 2004
    I'll be teaching at a Christian school in North Jax. Hey if you went there you'd be in my class[face_worried] I'm really excited about my first year teaching. Right now I'm still enjoyed the summer.

5. ---Vossk---

Jun 14, 2005
    gina whats your last name?

6. MiraNova34

Dec 12, 2004
    Sent u a PM

7. ---Vossk---

Jun 14, 2005
    i was asking because i just started trinity christian school-
    6 th grade -
    i really like it -
    thought maybe you woyld be teaching there-

8. ---Vossk---

Jun 14, 2005
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Grandmas post

trinity is ok but not great.
    my teacher is rushing us to much.if ya ever have kid trouble,Gina, send me a pm.since i am a kid i should be able to help you out with some problems.goos luck with the teaching.what grade are you teaching?

9. Haydensgurl828

Haydensgurl828 Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2005
    Hi Gina,

I am new to this and I was reading some of the posts and I noticed that you are a teacher also. I teacher kindergarten and first grade at a private school on the westside. I wanted to get to know some people around jax. with the same interest in starwars as i have, so you seemed to be a good place to start. Please write me back and let me know a little about yourself.

Manda

10. MiraNova34

Dec 12, 2004
    Manda,

Looks like we have a lot in common. I love literature and love to read when I have the time. I sing in the chior at First Coast Christian Center in Oceanway. What church do you go to? You can PM me if you want.
    I'm teaching 4th grade. Planning day was today and school starts tomorrow. I have 16 students.
    Costuming is a lot of fun especially when you light up the faces of the kids (who think you're a real SW character):)
    Try to come to the RMH Charity event so I can meet you.
    Gina

11. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    Gina - let us know how your 'first day of school' goes!!!

12. MiraNova34

Dec 12, 2004
    [face_dancing] I passed the exam!!![face_dancing]
    The first day went better than expected. I didn't get much sleep last night. I was nervous, I guess. The students seem to like me, just got to be fair, firm and consistent.:)

13. riquigonjin

riquigonjin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    =D= Awesome!=D= way to go!=D=

14. Haydensgurl828

Aug 20, 2005
    Hi Gina,

Thanks for writing back. I attend Old Plank Rd. Baptist Church (We do the Tribulation House every year...you may have heard of us). That is also where I teach. I only have 9 children :D(what a blessing from God) 4 kindergarten and 5 first graders. I absolutly adore my class. And yes, I am excited about the opportunity to make a child happy. I am hoping that my costume will be done by the time September 9th comes around (its a jedi costume..Anakin's colors). If not I will just wear a shirt. Also, my friend Sara (yodalover...) is going to try to come, her costume is Leia. I hope no one already has the same costumes. I don't want to take away from those of you who have done this longer. I hope all goes well and I will be able to meet with you and the rest of the group. Also, I read the thread about the shirts...I know I am new, but I would like to have one.

Manda

15. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    Oh no! Manda, I was planning on wearing my Leia from ANH. Can you let me know which costume she has or is wearing?

Thanks!

16. Haydensgurl828

Aug 20, 2005
    OH YIKES!!! :eek: Her's is the white gown with the hood...but I am not sure if she is even going to wear hers. If you are wearing the same thing then she won't wear hers. Like I said, we realize that ya'll have been at this longer and we as newbies don't want to come in and have the same thing. We will not have our feelings hurt if you are going to wear that.
    :D

17. ---Vossk---

Jun 14, 2005
    well good luck to all of you!remember if you ever need any help send me a PM.i am 11 after all and should be able top help ya understand your students if your havin some trouble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.