main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Girls (A Ben Skywalker Romance) *New Post 12/24*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Master_Vicky, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    This is really great :D

I can totally see the progression of things as they're growing older :D So sweet!

Thanks for the PM.

~Abby~

2. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Hehehehehe? this is a pretty cute fic. PM me when you update?

KT

3. smiley_rancor

smiley_rancor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2006
    LOL, this is so cute!!!

I love the interaction between these two, and Luke and Mara.

If you have a PM list could you please add me, thanks.

4. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    I have good news. That last post inspired another one, so be looking for a new update and replies soon. :D

-Vicster

5. Master_Vicky

Apr 29, 2003
    Here are the replies...

Angel4evaM- HMMMMMMMMM! Something about the post seemed extemely familar to me. I wonder why? I bet you know why.
    Now you behave. [face_shame_on_you] :p

Any ways. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! That was just the cutest thing I've ever read.
    I'm glad you think so.

I'm going to have so much trouble when my sisters start to date. I don't think they're guys are going to have to worry about my dad. I think they're going to have to worry about me.
    Pass down judgement with an iron fist.

Can't wait for the next post.
    You won't have to.

baby_blonde- oh this is soo cute can't wait for more
    It's coming soon.

Chilla- Awww! That's so cute! And love how you've put the title into the story.
    I actually had to go back and check, but I did, didn't I? Well I'm glad you like it. :)

Dev_Binks- Poor Ben and Lylah, getting all confused by anoher girl trying to make 'em not be friends. I have a feeling that she would play a part in their growing up.
    I guess you'll have to wait and see. ;)

Jade_Max- I love the ring *chuckle* and the girl trying to drive them apart... and Ben's friend interevening when he saw that Ben was miserable....
    Yes, the things your muse can come up with. I amaze myself sometimes! :p

this is such a cute series, thanks so much for the PM Master_Vicky, I appreciate getting one
    You're Welcome.

MirandaFair- Happy to see a new post! I missed the tale's of Ben's girl troubles.
    Me too. :p

Great work! Although, I'm sure Ben's woes of romantic journeys will only get more complicated as he grows up.
    This is true.

DQS- Is this your first time posting here? If so, welcome!

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww! so sweet! I guess even as a little kid there are always going to be those mean girls.
    Yes, they never seem to go away.

Loved it!
    I'm glad. :D

Courtney_Solo- Let's speed this relationship along a notch.

*presses button on Ben and Lylah* ::nothing happens::

Darn, I guess I'll have to wait until the next post.

Which will be very soon. [/threatening_tone]

Hee hee. You're funny. Though you are right about the post. ;)

cheersweetie27- Aww, how cute!! Nice update.
    Why thank you.

goddess45- This is sooo cute!!

Very good idea vicky!!

I'll past on the word to my muse that seems to only work in the wee hours of the morning. ;) :p

RenoaStormhaven- Awwww! That was cute!
    That seems to the running theme. :p

Genimay- Awwwww! It just doesn't get much cuter than that! Nice post!
    Thanks.

Abby- This is really great
    I'm glad you think so. :D

I can totally see the progression of things as they're growing older So sweet!
    That's what I was gong for.

Thanks for the PM.
    No problem.

Killik_Twilight- I do believe you're a new reader. Welcome! :D

Hehehehehe? this is a pretty cute fic.
    And I hope it will only get better.

PM me when you update?
    Of course.

smiley_rancor- LOL, this is so cute!!!
    Where have I heard this before.... :p

I love the interaction between these two, and Luke and Mara.
    Well seeing as they're just now now really putting depth into Ben, I figured this would be a good way to "dig into him" as my old English teacher would say. Unfortunately, the books took a different route. I wonder if this would be an AU now?

And with Luke and Mara, since they're like my favorite characters in the books, I want them to be as close as I can get to canon. Truth be told, alot of people tend to over do them or not quite get their personalities, so I'm glad to hear you guys like the way I portray them.

If you have a PM list could you please add me, thanks.[/i

6. Angel4evaM

Angel4evaM Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2003
    So chicka what happened to the post that was coming soon?

It's been over two weeks.

*Things about going back and reading a story with a title close to that.*

~Angel~

7. Angel4evaM

Jul 13, 2003
    Vicster PMed me and asked me to post the next chapter for you. She had a little computer problems this morning. So now on with the post.

Ben watched as the light from his window flashed off the ring Lylah had given him almost seven years ago. He was twirling it in his fingers, the silver metal causing the sun?s rays to dance across it. He smiled as he remembered how it hung loosely on his finger when he first received it. Now it barely fit.

Ben would often put the ring in his pocket and then set it on his nightstand when he went to sleep. For now though, he was content with studying the item that had sealed the best friendship he?d ever had.

Mara?s voice rang out from the living room. ?Ben! Lylah?s on the comm.!?

Ben jumped up off the bed and ran to the living room almost knocking over his father in the process. He barely registered Luke?s warning to slow down.

He saw his friend?s face on the holoscreen before he sat down. ?Hello.? He said as he sat down in the chair in front of the comm. Station.

?Hi.? She beamed a smile at him.

?What?s up??

?My mom said I could invite a friend to the holovid theatre. Would you like to come??

?Um, when??

Lylah put a finger to her chin. ?In about two hours.?

Ben looked back to where his mom was inconspicuously standing a little ways behind him. She nodded, sending Ben back into his smile. He turned back around.

?Sure.?

Lylah smiled back at him. ?Okay, we?ll be there to pick you up in a little while.?

?Okay. Bye Lylah.?

?Bye Ben.?

The screen went fuzzy, and then turned off. Ben got up from the chair and turned to see his mother giving him an odd look.

?What?? he asked.

Mara shook her head, a smirk tugging at her lips. ?Oh nothing.?

Ben arched one red brow. ?You?re so weird mom.?

Her smirk broadened. ?That?s what your father likes about me.?

An ?I don?t want to know? look replaced his confused one. ?I?m gonna go back to my room now.?

He quickly turned tail and went to his bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two hours and a quick lunch later, Ben was shaking some credits from the ewok shaped bank Lylah had gotten him for his eleventh lifeday. Luke appeared in the doorway.

?Hey Ben? Lylah?s here.?

Ben?s eyes brightened and he reached blindly for the credits on his bed. He shoved them in his pocket and hurried out to meet his friend. Still on the bed was his ring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night, he got home and saw his parents sitting together on the couch. Luke gave his son a warm smile of welcome, his arm draped around Mara?s shoulders.

?How was the holo?? he asked.

?It was pretty good.? Ben answered, frowning as he put his hands in his pockets. ?There was a cool dogfight and one of the fighters used some of the moves you do.?

Luke chuckled. ?I guess they?re running out of ideas in the holo business. I would have figured some younger hotshot pilot would come up with better maneuvers than me by now.?

Mara, noticing Ben?s expression, asked, ?Is something wrong??

Ben shook his head. ?No. I?m fine.?

She eyed him for a moment, but dismissed it. Luke shifted his arm from around her and reached down to grab her hand. Ben shuffled his feet a bit, sensing his parents? mood. Rather than wait for an embarrassing moment to happen, he excused himself.

Back in his room, he thought back to when he thought back to when he had stuck his hands in his pockets. Something had felt out of place or missing, but he couldn?t figure out what. That thought quickly left his mind, though, as he remembered what had happened at the holovid theatre.

During the holo, Ben had attempted to hold Lylah?s hand, and through that gesture show that he had deeper feelings for her than what he let on. But at the last minute, she moved her hand to grab her drink unknowingly thwarting his grand idea.

Afterwards, while waiting for her mom to come out of the refresher, Ben and Lylah sat on a bench close by. For the first time ever since he could remember, he felt nervous next to her. Lylah glanced side

8. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Aww, that's sweet.

And yes, I am a new reader. I lurked for a while, but here I am. :D

KT

9. Master_Vicky

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm Glad you decided to come out of hiding. :)

Everyone give a big thank you to Angel4evaM. I wouldn't have been able to get the post up for a long while if it wasn't for her. [:D]

-Vicster

10. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Eep! Sorry, I missed the last update!

This is very cute, Ben and Lylah are darling! Can't wait to see more of them and to see Mara and Luke's reaction, though they seem to already have a good idea.

Mara's weird. LOL Ben, you have no idea... [face_laugh]

Great job!

11. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Horrah for this fic's return! [face_dancing] (Hope your computer troubles are all settled. That's never fun.)

Ben and Lylah = [face_love] Adorable.

Mara is hysterical.[face_laugh] Ben calling Mara "weird." Must quote my pal, ginchy..."you have no idea."

;)

12. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Awwww! [face_love] I love Mara and Ben and Lylah....Okay, I love everyone! :D

=D= That was such a sweet chapter!

13. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    lol, hey it was posted on my birthday! :p And this is what I get for not coming on TFN as much anymore. But they're so cute. Especially Ben with the ring. And then them holding hands. :p

14. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    everyone do it together...

One

Two

three

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! [face_love]

That was just so... so... adorable! *snuggles her teddy bear* give me warm fuzzies. Kids are so cute!

Thanks for the PM!

15. Master_Vicky

Apr 29, 2003
    I'll have the replies up soon. I was just dropping by to inform everyone that I've got a new idea for a post. It still has to brew, but it's there. :)

-Vicster

16. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    YAY! Looking forward to it :D

17. Angel4evaM

Jul 13, 2003
    Can't wait. I'm sure it will be good.

18. Master_Vicky

Apr 29, 2003
    So, my computer is officially fixed and what not. I have an idea for the next post, but the bunny hasn't bit hard enough to make it into a working post yet. Maybe I should starve it a bit more :p. Eventually I have something for you guys. This story is far being over and since I can get back to my other fics, I can get those out of the way and focus solely on this on. ;)

And in other news, me and another friend, Angel4evaM, have started up a social forum based mostly around Star Wars, but with other subjects and what not to keep people interested. It's called The Dancing Ewok. You can post fanfiction there, play RPGs, talk about up coming SW and other books, not to mention tv shows, movies, theatre, anything and everything you can think of. And if it's not there, let us know and we'll see if we can add it. I'm even going to create a database of SW facts and information (kinda like the SW wiki).

Check it out, join if you like it (or just because :p ;)).

See you guys soon. :)

-Vicster

19. Tattoine_teenager

Tattoine_teenager Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2006
    Bite bunny BITE, no bunny HARDER, TAKE SOME FLESH MAN!!!!!
    oh and er UP?!?!?
    TT

20. nikjo88

nikjo88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2005
    8-} UP!UP!UP!8-}

I've gone crazy with waitin![face_alien_1]

21. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Put me on the PM list!

22. Choose_and_Act

Choose_and_Act Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2006
    Awww i Love this story! Bens such a ladies man [face_love]
    Could i get a PM please?

23. nikjo88

nikjo88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2005
    PM me when you post!thx!!

24. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    This is great :D ....I loved it...More soon...[face_praying]

And may I have a PM when you update...Thanks...
    :D

FL @};-

25. MichaelSolo

MichaelSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2005
    o_O Mara,s mother wasn,t just smoking when she had mara she was on spice and Correlian Ale too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.